“Moon Palace Wonderful Vacation see you in 2015” 5 of 5 bubbles

Moon Palace Cancun
Ranked #22 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Moon Palace Wonderful Vacation see you in 2015”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I went with my hubby of 30 years we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary, when we got to our room not 10 minutes later we got a knock on the door and they brought us a bottle of champagne and a small cake saying Happy Anniversary, nice touch they really do care.
We were in the 5000 block in the Nizuc section outside the mini golf it was quiet, our room was the older ones with the pillar in the room by the washroom but was very clean each room as a large hot tub. My maid was very good left us clean towels and facecloths all the time, her towel art was wonderful I looked forward to seeing what was going to be made the next day.
The Food was good in the buffet but we loved the room service to avoid the lineups and found it to be better than the buffet. The Italian restaurant on the golf course was fantastic this is the only one that you have to make reservations for, it is not hard just dial 0 and they will put you through.
Fire stone pizza was amazing, we also tried the stone grilled cannelloni it was fantastic.
We also ate lunch and breakfast at the restaurant by the spa it was fantastic they serve you.
The golf coarse has a pool, it is very quiet but extremely cold.
The spa was very beautiful, but I would have to say that the Aventura Palace was nicer. The massage was fantastic I got the citrus one.
I also did the swim with the dolphin, I would highly recommend this to any age person they are very gentle and very well trained, as I have done this at other resorts and these dolphins are much healthier then the others. You can ask for a tour prior to booking the dolphin swim to learn about them it was very educating, this take place at noon just go the photo place and they will set it up. The amount you will pay is $129.00 but you only pay 16% taxes it cost me $22.00 Us.
When you are done you can pay $35.00 for one high quality picture of $70.00 Us for a cd with 21 pics, this is the better deal and you can print the pics from the disc whey you get home.
I was not impressed with the run around about booking with your resort credits.
BEWARE they have time share people that they make you go through prior to booking your events using your credits, they try in no uncertain terms to get you to do the 90 minute tour of the resort to try to sell the their time share. To avoid this just go to the people on the right side when coming into the Nizuc lobby and tell them what you want.
The mini golf was a lot of fun and free, also the bikes are free to use and are in very good shape.
Don't listen to the complaints about the shuttles from the golf coarse if you don't want to wait you can walk. We walked a few times back and forth from the Nizuc lobby and the Sunrise lobby, saw a few animals and birds that you don't see at home it was a nice walk just stay on the path and you will be fine.
If you are a drinker and use the bottles in the room they do replenish them every 24 hours just call front desk and they come up, we also asked for 6 Dos Equis with our room service at night they also have coors light & Heineken beer what more can you ask for.
The Staff, I can't say enough about the staff they were all so wonderful, anytime you asked for something and say thank-you they responded with no it's my pleasure.
The beach is nice to look at but not nice to swim in, they had red flag up the whole week. I would suggest you go on the day trip to the Beach Palace they leave every day twice a day from the hotel and it is free transportation, the Sun Palace is very small and for Adults Only did not like that one.
The Sunwing rep we had was not very helpful at all we got up early as we thought that he would explain the $1500 credits but all he said was to come and check our flight times the day before we leave. I am not sure what they pay him but anything they pay is way to much.
I can't wait to return next year as their was so much more, we wanted to do but a week is not enough time. The resort is very large but can walk from one end to the other in about 20 minutes and it is a nice walk on the boardwalk by the ocean loved this resort. I loved the Swing bar on the Sunrise side also a nice touch to the resort.
The grounds were beautiful take pictures in the gardens.
I HOPE THIS REVIEW HELPS OTHER PEOPLE.

Room Tip: I think you can see the ocean from most rooms, I would suggest the higher levels and ask for a newer...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cynthia M
NormaGranados, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback, we are sure your comments will be very useful for our future guests. But mostly, thank you to you for giving us the opportunity to celebrate your Anniversary at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort. See you next year!
Norma Granados / Public Relations Manager @ Nizuc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,799)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went down for a business trip. The overall appearance of the resort, lobby, pool area and room was great. Marble everywhere, plenty of space available if you and your group wanted to be away from other guests. The staff there seem ever present, and I never found the need to have seek anyone out for assistance. The two main complaints I have are the beach and food.

The beach was dirty and small. Only about 10 yards of sand where we were. The condition of the water compared to other resorts farther up the beach was bad (sea weed, murky, no waves). I know the resort can't control the water, but they can control where the resort is when they bought the property. Just saying, don't go here for the beach experience...

The food, if you enjoy food and rank that high on your list. you'll be disappointed. I wasn't expecting gourmet cuisine (especially at an all-inclusive resort), but definitely better quality than what was served. Needs more lunch/snack offerings. There just wasn't a lot of flavor in any of the meals I had.

Room Tip: If you are an early bird, make sure you don't get a room near the main building/pool. As the mus...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jason H
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Family of 5 (mom,dad,3 kids-18/15/11) went for a week this past Jan to Moon Palace Sunrise. First time. Fantastic resort, service, activities, food, weather and value. Didnt have to think for ourselves - one of the staff was always there doing it for us. Waverider, dolphins, pool slides and teen room topped the kids list. Mom and dad loved the pools/bars and restaurants. Take advantage of the resort promo credits for the spa, excursions and use the Beach Palace up the strip for beach/waves and shopping malls. Excaret excursion was the highlight of the whole trip - snorkeling/underwater walk with marine life, wild animals, superb beaches and a 2 hour cultural show after dark (not included in the credits but well worth it). All-inclusive is the way to go - takes all the stress out of the experience. All in all, everything you could want in a family vacation and great value for money. Highly recommend, definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Sunrise section for newly renovated and close to main resort ameneties.
1 Thank 481anonymous
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We went to Moon Palace this time, on our annual girl's trip, Sisters, friends, etc. We got there, and were quickly checked in, and because we were early, and room not ready, to go get something to eat, and come back later in the day. They took us to our room, which was suppose to be top floor, superior view, and it was by the water treatment plant on the bottom floor. Not what we expected, for being a palace elite member. Room was nice, and beds comfortable. Octavio, and Mayra checked about moving us to another location, but none with two double beds. They were very nice. The restaurants were fantastic. We stayed in the Nizuk secion, which was great. You can take the lobby bus every 10 or 15 minutes to the other sections, to try their restaurants also. The Mexican Restaurant at Nizuk was great. Best margaritas I have had. Our waiter was a hoot, and carried the drinks on his head. Our next favorite restaurant, was the Oriental, Momo at the Sunrise section. It was wonderful, and the appetizers they brought us, superb. The Steak House was very good at Sunrise, also, but it is outside, but very good. Take a sweater. Another good restaurant was at the golf course, but you need reservations. It is called La Trattoria, Italian. It was excellent, and the service was great. The only downfall, and complaint, is when you go to the golf course, for spa, or anything, you have a long wait to get back. It must have taken us an hour after dinner, to get back to Nizuk. Each van holds only 12 people, and he had to make at least 5 trips, before we got to leave. They need a big bus to come get people after dinner, because everyone finishes about the same time. Same with the golf at the end of the day. We finished at the spa, and were waiting in line for the bus, and all these golfers finished up, and drove up in their carts, and all assembled in front of us, at the bottom of the steps, when we had been waiting for at least 15 or 20 minutes. Guess who would get on the vans first? Not us. I went and complained, but it did no good. I was about to get in a golf cart, and drive myself back to Nizuk. I felt bad for the girls that finished the spa, and had reservations at 6:00 back at the golf course for dinner. It was almost 5:00 then, and I told them to be down there at least 30 minutes before their reservation, to get back over there. They said if you're not there, they will cancel it. That was my biggest pet peeve. The transportation to and from the golf course, and spa. The shows were good at night, and had fun out by the pool with Enrique, and the staff. The maids were okay. Did not wipe down the mirrors on the closet doors, or replenish our toiletries very often. Some days, they missed restocking our fridge with diet cokes. We only had turn down service, if we were out of our room early at night when they came by. Otherwise, no. It was okay though. I can turn down my own bed. It was just hit or miss. We did the dolphin swim, and it was a great experience. I would highly recommend it. We had done a lot of the tours already, in our previous trips, so we went shopping one day. The bus takes you to Beach Palace at 12:00, and they return at 4:00, so you can go there to the beach, or shop at Isla Shoppes or the mall. It was a fun day. Ate lunch at Beach Palace, too, and went to their jewelry stores. We were there Jan.19th-25th, and had a great time. Weather was good, except for our last day, and then Saturday was great, again. Sad to leave. Next time, I hope to be on a higher, quieter floor.
Another disappointment was that they didn't have the Chef's dinner, as we were told to sign up for that. We did not want to do the romantic dinner, as we were not with our spouses, so our girl, Carmen, that checked us in, said "Be sure to do the Chef's dinner." She even circled it for us, and when we went to book it, we were told they didn't have it until the 30th. We found that sometimes one group didn't know, what the other group was doing. Booking tours, etc. or what they had to offer. I hate that you have to pay the 16% tax now on whatever you do. Oh well...We would go back here in the future.

Room Tip: Do not go on a bottom level floor, or near #6504, by the water treatment center. We are Palace Elite...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nancy60805
NormaGranados, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for recognizing the service of all our staff, for us is a great reason to continue giving a high quality service to all our Guests. Hope to see you in this paradise of the Mexican Caribbean at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort.
Norma Granados / Public Relations Manager @ Nizuc
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

For the money spent, I expected much more. The pool area and food were great. But the room left a lot to be desired. The shower drain was clogged, so by the end of a 5 minute shower, you would be standing in ankle deep tepid water. Mosquitoes buzzing you all night long, and big black spiders were common. The room cleaning staff don't bother to knock, so be sure you are not walking around naked like I was. The walls were paper thin, and you can hear your neighbour talk, so be careful of that. When I stayed there, they were in the middle of construction. The construction would start at 8 in the morning and go all day. Wet saws cutting tile, and nail guns make quite the symphony. For the most part, staff was pleasant, but overall indifferent. If I wanted attitude, I would go to Quebec for a week. The beach was narrow, and no good for swimming at all due to the water being only knee deep and full of black seaweed. So, overall I would give Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort a 7 out of 10.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from any current construction, and the main pool. Most nights there are concerts...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Joseph M
Rosaura Y, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
I'm sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We work very hard to provide top-rated services and amenities as expressed by so many in previous reviews. There is always room for improvement, therefore we will take your feedback into consideration. We hope you give us another opportunity to better serve you.
Respectfully,
ROSAURA YAÑEZ
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We've had a wonderful time this week and regret having to go back to our subzero weather. The food has been superb, the service is outstanding, the rooms spotless and of great importance is that I was able to bring my young children (4 year old twins) and older ones (27 and 22) and everyone had a great time. For my young kids, the Play Room was fantastic- caring staff and enough activities to keep them well occupied and happy during the day and evening hours so that mom and dad could relax. What a relief to hear them wanting to go to the Play Room after a filling breakfast and back after an early dinner. We tried to bring them to one of the reservation-required restaurants one night and what a disaster. I couldn't blame them for losing patience during a leisurely dinner with quality food they really couldn't appreciate. My older kids had great massages and also enjoyed the food and would have been highly critical (as they have been with previous all-inclusive resorts) had the food and service not been excellent. Of course, it helped that with the exception of a bit of rain the last day, the weather was excellent. I can only recommend this resort highly for anyone with any family composition- young kids, older kids, or a combination.

Riverdale, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort exceed all of our expectations!!!! The resort was beautiful, the rooms were luxurious, and the amenities were amazing. The one thing that I look for at any hotel or restaurant is the service. The people that work at the Moon Palace make the experience so outstanding!!! Everyone was so courteous, kind, helpful, and GRACIOUS!!!!! Jose-Luis at the pool bar and restaurant knew my name and my kids names from the first day!! We ate at the BBQ grill several nights because of the conveinence and mostly because of the excellent service from Paulino, Hermelindo, and Bartola.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the pool if you can. Otherwise be prepared to walk and walk the resort is huge...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,738 reviews

Been to Moon Palace Cancun? Share your experiences!