We spent a week at the Moon Palace before Christmas. Our rooms were large enough with an ocean view, and very quiet. We stayed in the Sunrise section which is the best if you have children or young adults traveling with you, lots of activities, the surfing machine, beach volleyball. We ate at all of the restaurants, and found La Trattoria and Arricefes to be the best. If you go to Arrecifes, request a table with the team of Uber Lopez, Juan Carlos and Lazaro...they are amazing! Their level of attentive service was the best, comparable to any in fine dining restaurants in the U.S. The food there was excellent. La Trattoria was very good, our waiter Gonzalo provided top level service and the food was great (prosciutto with melon, seafood risotto, steak all very good!)
We found the buffets to be quite good in the mornings, with lots of fresh fruit and cereal if you're a light breakfast eater, plenty of hot stuff if you like a bigger breakfast. They have a juice bar which was good, and the service in the breakfast buffets was excellent. Yes, it's a big resort and you will have to walk a lot, but you'll need to if you eat as much as we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, ten minutes from the airport, this luxury all-inclusive resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service, top-shelf drinks, free WIFI, CHI-branded amenities and complimentary calls to Continental US, Canada, and landlines in Mexico, Over-the-top amenities are included for everyone, families and couples alike, such the state-of-the-art Playroom for kids, a lounge designed just for Teens; an endless variety of gourmet dining options and bars, a FlowRider® Double Wave Simulator, not to mention world-class entertainment and nightlife. With the added indulgence of an AWE SPA® for hard-core pampering, and a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course for enthusiasts and novices alike, Moon Palace Cancun has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico