“Family Fun in Paradise”

Moon Palace Cancun
Ranked #24 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I took the family back to Canun for thanksgiving for the 3rd year in a row. The Moon Palace does a great job accommodating my family and friends for the holiday. We are Diamond level members with access to the Villa there and I have to say. its a great spot. The weather could have been better but it was still 80 and sunny most of the time. We had lots of great meals, and built lots of great family memories.

The Restaurant food, the wine list and the room service has all gotten better. I want to congratulate Mr Oscar Gallegos the food and beverage manager at the hotel as it seems the food improves with each visit and the service improves right along with it. We had some great meals and great times thanks to him and his chefs, Alejandro, Dario, Fernando, and Cesar. I would like to thank some wait staff that helped us have a spectacular couple of meals Alfedo, Pedro and Louis. as well as the Captain Maser. And I'd be remiss if I leave out Xavier Henrique De la Vega who introduced me to some great wines that he paired up for us at several dinners. Thanks to you all for a wonderful experience.

As long time high level members we have seen the changes and improvements over the years. I hope they continue. This is the Palace resorts largest property and they are really trying to step it up. Renovating all the restaurants, rooms and lobby at both Sunrise and Nizuc. Grand section seems to have been left behind at this point as it needs some TLC. It is good to have seen some progress on what my family calls the Mayan ruins - a new section they have been building since 2007. looks to be still years away.

We had the privilege of having the Yacht to use for dinner one night. it was choppy but fun as we anchored in the lagoon on Isla Mujares. Like Grand the yacht is in need of some TLC and Captain Oscar, his crew, Eduardo, Mauricio and David are working hard to keep it looking good but its being used a lot and it is starting to show the wear and tear. Still a wonderful night out with Captain and crew as usual making for some great pics and vids with the family and friends.

In usual fashion, I'd like to offer my thanks for the support the following folks have given me while there:
Jose our Diamond Concierge was very helpful and right there when we needed anything.
the ladies at the Grand terrace pool were Amalia, Claudia and Viridiana. No special request was to much. They especially helped with the Coco Loco drink we had made in Coconuts!

All in all a great time at a resort that is a great family place to come to and have fun in Paradise!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the room numbers ending lower number on second or 3rd floor they are the best vie...
There are newer reviews for Moon Palace Cancun

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Moon Palace Grand for a week with my wife, in-laws who are senior citizens with walking difficulties, and my 1 year old. We had fantastic service from Roberto Cruz who was able to arrange golf cart transportation for us because we were traveling with seniors and an infant. This was extremely helpful as the resort is huge, and it made our vacation very enjoyable and unforgettable. Thank you Roberto!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

First the positive - The service is outstanding. The wait staff is friendly and bends over backward to accommodate your every request. I need to mention Amelia, our waitress at the pool at the Grand section. She was wonderful!There is always plenty of bottle water to drink. It is supplied in the room, at the restaurants and pool side so there are no ill side effects from drinking the water! There is always something to do as the resort is like a little city. We got to see the SNL show which was included in the price and it was very entertaining. The food was plentiful, there was a lot of variety and for the most part tasty. The only complaint I would have about it was that it was fatty but we indulged because we were on vacation!
Negatives - There was a lot of construction and remodeling going on. I guess it's good they are trying to keep it nice and updated but it became annoying. This resort wasn't as nice as 2 others we have been at in Cancun.
I feel the resort may be a little too big as you seem to get lost in the shuffle. We did not mind walking but make sure you take comfortable shoes. There are buses, shuttles and golf carts that you can use to take you from Grand, Nizuce and Sunrise (the different sections of Moon Palace.
The points you get to spend are a bit of a joke. You have to pay 11% tax on the points you use so you end up paying a price for your "free" services and they limit the amount you can use on different services (like the spa services).
We had a great time. As I titled the review, there is never a bad day in Cancun!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jkatobx
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This Thanksgiving I thought of all that I was thankful for and why. My family, friends and health are always on top of my list but Moon Palace makes the list because of all three. Our family vacations at Palace resorts every year and I am constantly impressed with the excellence in service and value that they provide. For over 10 years we have been going with our children, who love all of the activities and now love to scuba dive. We have visited the Mayan historical sites and spent many weeks building family memories. Palace resorts has become our place to escape, other vacations we take need a vacation after just to rest. Moon palace is large enough to get in touch with nature ( they have a great sea turtle program). Beautiful grounds for long walks as well as great gyms to keep in shape on vacation as well as quiet places for a long sunny nap. We always leave restored and rested.
Our friends also love palace, where else can you golf a Jack Nicklaus signature golf course, have an amazing massage in a beautiful spa, swim with a dolphin, eat in one of 15 wonderful restaurants and follow all of that with a concert by artist like Usher, Beach boys, Chicago, or Rickey Martin all in one day without ever getting in a car!
Over the years we have made many friends at Moon Palace, people like Benjamin Gomez May and Sylvia who make all of our arrangements for activities. All of the bellmen in moon grand Gil, Isaac, Emilio, Roberto, Victor and Javier who are simply the best! The staff at Caribbean including Alondro at night, Mario and Carlos at breakfast and beautiful Adriana to great you. Matts favorite restaurant Arrecifes, the Brazilian Restaurant, where you can eat all of the meat you can hold with Efrain Juan and Rene. We miss Alfredo, Alex, Alonso, Mercedes, Miguel, Claudia by the grand pool and my sweet friend Margarit Dzul who's smile brightens my day.
I am ask every time we visit if it is worth it to become a diamond member at Palace and I tell everyone that Palace is the best vacation money we ever spend.

Room Tip: families with children may prefer the sunrise side of the resort. This is the section with the most...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Trina H
YENNIACALVILLO, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thanks very much for the positive words. I’m glad you had such a great time in Moon Palace. The staff is thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us as well.

We also appreciate the feedback about our services and facilities, a family like your is what we had on mind when we planned to offer a large variety of activities

Our team will look forward to welcoming you back next time you have the opportunity to travel to Cancun, Mexico

Best regards,

YENNIA CALVILLO
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
MOON PALACE GRAND

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Moon Palace is more like a small town than a resort. It is really 3 resorts in one: Grand, Nizuc and Sunrise. Guests can use the facilities at all 3 buildings which is awesome because they are all so different (there is a shuttle that runs between buildings all day). Grand is the most luxurious of the 3 buildings. It is much more quiet and seems targeted for adults. Nizuc has a modern feel and is great for both adults and families. Sunrise is the main hub of the resort. All of the ballrooms are here as well as the adults only Sky Bar and the night club, Noir. This is also the building that is the most family friendly. This area has a huge water playground, a huge kids club and lots of kid activites.

The resort has tons of activies like the Flow Rider (super fun but you will be sore!), swimming with the dolphins (extra fee and totally worth it), waterslide, tennis, basketball, golf, miniature golf, a video arcade and much more! And when you need to relax, there are plenty of pools and a very long strip of beach to do that. My favorite was the pool at the Grand as it was very calm and had great poolside food.

The rooms are spacious and have a jacuzzi tub and balcony or patio. Most rooms also come with a hammock. Toiletries are CHI, wi-fi is good, beds are comfy and TV has lots of stations. If you are in a busy hallway, you will hear a lot of the hallway noise.

Overall, food is good and there are so many options! Each building has tons of options so make sure to check out what each offers. Los Caporales has excellent Mexican food. There is also an Argentinean steakhouse that is not to be missed. The buffets are great for a quick and easy meal and I loved the cafe which served sandwiches, pastries, ice cream and coffee. With so many options, it is almost impossible to not find something to everyone's liking.

Spa is very nice and relaxing despite being so huge. The ride to the spa is a treat in itself! Definitely recommend using some credits to book a massage (or 2).

Nightlife here is excellent. The lobby bars always have a lot of people hanging out. Sky Bar was my favorite. Comfy couches, TVs to watch football, and great martinis. Noir is fun for a late night of dancing (and people watching!).

Another bonus to staying here is you have exchange privileges at any of the other Palace resorts. You can do a day trip to Playa del Carmen and check out Playacar Palace or take the ferry to Cozumel and hang out at Cozumel Palace. All are so different and unique and included in your stay! Moon Palace caters to all types and is unlike any other resort!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank MissBabblicious
NormaGranados, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

We all are honored to know that our efforts had such a positive results and we will be always happy to welcome you back to Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort and remain at your disposal for any assistance.

Norma Granados
Public Relations Manager @ Nizuc

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My whole family went away Thanksgiving week and had a great time. We had grandparents and grandchildren and there was plenty to do for all. The flo rider was a big hit with most everyone and the new big slide was fun as well. The pool was perfect to lounge around in the sun and there was not a shortage of waitress.
The service was top notch and everyone was so friendly. The spa is fantastic and lots of services to pick from to spoil yourself. The creeps cafe was a big hit with the kids.
We have been here before a couple of years ago and I'm glad we decided to go back.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Azucena, Elena, Carlos, Silvia, Manuel, Karena, Inez and many others....great personalities and service! Very welcoming and friendly! The pools are huge. We really like the turtle releases and the conservation efforts of the resort.
We love this place!
I just wish they would have bicycles that are upright. We like biking, but with more upright models. Also love the Michael Jackson entertainment!

• Stayed: November 2013

On behalf of our Pool Team, please allow me to Thank you for your positive comments, we are glad to hear that you were pleased with our services. The turtle protection is a commitment that Palace Resorts has had for some years, we are proud that you have shared this activity with our Biologists.

Norma Granados
Public Relations Manager @ Nizuc
Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Moon Palace Cancun? Share your experiences!