I took the family back to Canun for thanksgiving for the 3rd year in a row. The Moon Palace does a great job accommodating my family and friends for the holiday. We are Diamond level members with access to the Villa there and I have to say. its a great spot. The weather could have been better but it was still 80 and sunny most of the time. We had lots of great meals, and built lots of great family memories.
The Restaurant food, the wine list and the room service has all gotten better. I want to congratulate Mr Oscar Gallegos the food and beverage manager at the hotel as it seems the food improves with each visit and the service improves right along with it. We had some great meals and great times thanks to him and his chefs, Alejandro, Dario, Fernando, and Cesar. I would like to thank some wait staff that helped us have a spectacular couple of meals Alfedo, Pedro and Louis. as well as the Captain Maser. And I'd be remiss if I leave out Xavier Henrique De la Vega who introduced me to some great wines that he paired up for us at several dinners. Thanks to you all for a wonderful experience.
As long time high level members we have seen the changes and improvements over the years. I hope they continue. This is the Palace resorts largest property and they are really trying to step it up. Renovating all the restaurants, rooms and lobby at both Sunrise and Nizuc. Grand section seems to have been left behind at this point as it needs some TLC. It is good to have seen some progress on what my family calls the Mayan ruins - a new section they have been building since 2007. looks to be still years away.
We had the privilege of having the Yacht to use for dinner one night. it was choppy but fun as we anchored in the lagoon on Isla Mujares. Like Grand the yacht is in need of some TLC and Captain Oscar, his crew, Eduardo, Mauricio and David are working hard to keep it looking good but its being used a lot and it is starting to show the wear and tear. Still a wonderful night out with Captain and crew as usual making for some great pics and vids with the family and friends.
In usual fashion, I'd like to offer my thanks for the support the following folks have given me while there:
Jose our Diamond Concierge was very helpful and right there when we needed anything.
the ladies at the Grand terrace pool were Amalia, Claudia and Viridiana. No special request was to much. They especially helped with the Coco Loco drink we had made in Coconuts!
All in all a great time at a resort that is a great family place to come to and have fun in Paradise!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico