“Spoilt”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Spoilt”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was my second visit to moon palace,stayed in nizuc section which is a little bit tired,however the food and the attentive staff more than made up for that,for you lady's out there no need to bring your straighteners as the ones in your room are if not better than g.h.d.There is some building work going on,but that didn't get in the way,there just trying to improve and bring up to date parts of the resort.The credits you recieve are a plus as you can use them for spa treatments,wet and wild,swim with the dolphins,golf,and sightseeing trips,loved the heated pool (nizuc section) would recommend this resort to family,singles,and couples,something for everyone.

Room Tip: Do ask for ocean front,well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Suzan912

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colorado
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We've stayed at the Moon Palace (Grand Moon) 4 or 5 times now and and continue to love this place. The quality of the food resort wide is very good including the buffets. The service and friendliness of every single employee on this resort is the best....

The taxi ride to Playa Del Carmen is expensive ($55 usd one way) and I don't believe the resort has any other available transportation there. My trip to Playa was to catch the ferry to Cozumel for a dive trip so the round trip taxi was more than the 2 tank dive.

I spent about 4 hours over in Cozumel since I missed the 2p.m. ferry. This wasn't too bad as I hung out at the Cozumel Palace for lunch and adult beverages.... And there is no additional fee for this as the ID wrist band works at all Palace Resorts.

Thanks for reading and have a great vacation when you visit the Palace Resorts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cspahn1
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have been members of the Palace resorts for about 8 years. We recently became Diamond members just in time for our daughter to get married. She and her fiance had been to the Moon Palace the year prior and loved it so much they decided to get married there. Having been to the Moon Palace before we were delighted with their decision. The wedding was like something out of a fairy tale. It was the most beautiful wedding I have ever attended. I couldn't have been more pleased by all the help from the Diamond Conceirge group. Our conceirge, Je'sus was a miracle worker. He not only made sure everything ran according to plan he helped us plan a private party for all the guests in our room the evening before the wedding that was out of this world. When ever I had a question or a problem, he or one of his staff took care of it. I knew that no matter what needed done, Je'sus would make sure it was done. I can't thank him enough for all that he graciously did for myself, my family, and all of our guests. When Je'sus wasn't available, Bruno was also the best. You will find these gentlemen's names under the definition of Excellent Service!

All of our guest had a wonderful time. We had dinner following the wedding at the Brazillian restaurant and the staff there gave us such a wonderful experience. We will cherish our memories with them forever. As we entered the restaurant we were greeted by the staff clapping and clanging trays for the Bride and Groom. It sounded like fireworks going off. They were so accomidating and FUN. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

It has been several years since we had been to the Moon Palace and they have made many upgrades to the property. New restaurants, the dolphin experience (on property) was out of this world. I probably would not have done it if it hadn't been on the property. It was beyond convenient and the staff was wonderful and fun as usual. Everything was beautiful, clean, and all the restaurants offered excellent food and wonderful staff. The maid service was wonderful. Our room was always clean and our bedroom was decorated nightly with beautiful towel and flower arrangements.

Overall this was a wonderful experience for all and I know we will return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Moon Palace was highly recommended to me & my husband for our honeymoon & we are very glad we listened. This All Inclusive hotel is amazing & offers a completely unforgettable experience. Nowhere will ever compare again!

All the staff provided a professional, friendly service & were keen to help make our honeymoon one to remember by making us feel welcome & special & we really cant thank them enough. Especially those in the Nizuc Lobby Bar - Lorenzo, Rigoberto, Elena & Daisy these guys are excellent & cant wait to return to see them again! Feel like we made some genuine friendships there.

We stayed for 14 days & was firstly put in the Golf Villa's which is a short distance away from the Nizuc hotel/lobby. So we were given our own golf buggy to drive around the resort for easy access. We enjoyed this on our first day but as a young married couple we soon realised we enjoyed the good vibes, pools, bars & restaurants that Nizuc had to offer & didnt fancy having to drive over there and back everyday, although driving the golf buggy was so much fun! Anyway we spoke to reception about possibly moving rooms so we could be in the main hotel & they agreed straight away. Giving us the option of 2 rooms to pick from. The hubby was sad to lose the golf buggy but we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our honeymoon in the Nizuc hotel.

The food is AMAZING! So much choice. Drinks served all day & night. 24hr Room service for the days when you want to be a hermit and not leave your room.

I could go on & on but all you really need to know is...ITS ALL GOOD!! I do not have any complaints & would have to be very picky to come up with one!

I advise everyone to visit once, only then will you truly understand what all the fuss is about. As its a long flight i do also recommend you fly with Virgin, who made the flight so comfortable that it didn't seem like we were in the air that long.

We are saving all our pennies to go back very soon, no other holiday is ever going to compare to this! We miss the place so much already & only been back a few days.

From the Cavanagh's

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank LouCavanagh
Lancaster County, PA
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our family went to Moon Palace from May 2-9 with 2 other families. Adults are all in their mid 30s to early 40s and kids were ages 6-17! My husband and I are Palace members but had not been to Moon yet. This was the PERFECT spot to spend a week with kids! I struggled with the choice initially bc I knew the beach wasnt the best there. We had stayed at Beach Palace last year in the hotel zone and that beautiful blue water is just hard to beat! I will say I did miss it (for me as an adult), but I am planning another trip next year with the kids and other families and we will be going to Moon!

I have been on 7 cruises as well as done the AI thing and our children have been fortunate enough to go on several of those trips with us, but never have they raved like they did this trip! My almost 16 year old son has BEGGED me not to have a 16th birthday party for him and instead return to Moon! lol So that says something!

The resort is undergoing some renovations but they really try hard not to effect your stay at all. Areas being worked on are either not having people put in rooms or they barrier off the work areas. They were working on the swim up suites while we were there and our room was in the Mango building which was newly renovated. My view initially appeared to be great but the side I was on was looking right at the workers. I refused to stay in that room and the staff worked hard and moved me to a room just across the hall next to our friends :)

The resort is HUGE! I loved the beautiful grounds and walking paths throughout. There are so many beautiful picture spots with gorgeous gardens and fountains and even some wildlife roaming about! There are so many things to do the week ended before we even got to do many of them! On site they have a flowrider, mini golf, bikes, tennis, kids clubs (a brand new expansive one is set to open in 2 months!), a teen club with a disco section and then a free play arcade (yep no $$ needed...all included), dolphins are onsite to swim with (although we had prebooked to swim at Isla) and more! Noir night club for the adults was open 4 nights with a DJ, the sky bar was a great place to sit around and listen to music and have a drink, TONS of restaurant options. We didnt get to go to many in one week of being there. We LOVED the romantic dinner on the beach with fires going to keep us warm and the bugs away. The Italian restaurant is a MUST (amazing food and we loved the golf cart ride there and back...lots of fun). There was a gentleman there playing the viola....there is a dress code for this restaurant and you do need reservations. We ate at the new seafood restaurant (I really enjoyed), the steak house (very good), MoMo's hibachi style (good and fun....served sushi too for those of you that like that). The Brazillian restaurant was different. The men in our group LOVED that!

As far as other activites we went to Xel Ha and really had a fantastic day there! This was not included but we were given vouchers for attending the presentation which reduced the price to almost nothing! Its all inclusive once your there for food drinks etc. Look this place up online was lots of fun for all ages. We did the Isla tour with Palace...boot ride over to Dolphin Discovery beach club. We loved this too! Swam with the dolphins which was amazing! And the club was great too...they had a couple small pools, beach are, little zip line into the water and more. We then took a boat ride to the shopping area of Isla...our group chose to grab golf carts for an hour and zip around. Great fun and worth the extra $16! We visited Beach palace two days to walk around the shopping area there and also use the beach there and visit the roof top! Love it there. The kids had fun on the slide too! This was where i originally purchased my membership so I decided to tour there with our friends so they could see how that resort differed Moon. My hubby and I ended up upgrading to VIP Elite before we left! lol We love to travel with friends and family and are happy we were able to do this and in return be able to offer discounted rates and all of our perks to others. Its a win win! They offered to move us to Beach if we wanted to finish our stay there but the kids cried....they were in love with moon. No problem we finished the week VIP style in a presidential suite at Moon:)

If you are traveling with kids that are old enough to enjoy the features of Moon thats the place to go. Sunrise section! We had the best of both worlds. I knew I had no intentions of leaving my children in the resort and going into Cancun for the night clubs so at Moon there were options with the night club there and the sky bar. We also had tons of options at night for dining which are more limited at Beach. Yet they have a free daily shuttle that goes to Beach daily for 4 hours so we were still able to go and enjoy that too:) The week came to an end too quickly and we all left with sad faces:( Best cure!? Plan another trip!!! Looking to give Cozumel Palace a try next with friends and return to Moon with families......even better fix...plan two trips! If anyone has any questions about anything my email is in my profile. Dont hesitate to ask:)
Chrissy

Room Tip: Sunrise is where all the great things are for families! Grand seemed great if you were going all adu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank RN1979
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been here 3 times now (4th) up coming the August .... I have been honored to be a part of the Farouk conference that is held here and only here.... It is a beautiful clean well kept hotel bar none hotel staff wonderful and accommodating .... You have a beautiful hotel here.... Must see!!!!!

Thank you Farouk....
Thank you SalonCentric/ formerly CB Sullivan .. I'm honored to be a employee of such a great industry

Room Tip: Get ocean view if you can had it one year ... Breath taking.....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pmbruins
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I traveled here last week with my mother,sister and 20 year old daughter. We stayed at the Grand section and were so glad we did! I was hesitant at first because I thought my daughter would be a bit bored by the tranquility of that section but I couldn't have been more wrong. The room was magnificent, spacious, clean and the large balcony in the garden view room was like having another room in and of itself. It was easy to navigate and travel among the three distinct sections thanks to an efficient bus, shuttle and golf cart shuttle system. The staff was fantastic - everyone from the front desk, wait staff, service help, bell staff (shout out to Gil R and Emiliano) bartenders, activity staff - couldn't have been more pleased! We used the $1500 credits for tours, swimming with the dolphins, spa treatments, and souvenirs. It was wonderful and I was not subjected to any high pressured sales pitch. We wanted to spend the day at the Playcar Palace in Playa del Carmen and Gil helped arrange transportation to and from playa del Carmen. It was definitely worth the trip. My only suggestion is to publicize the daily activities going on in the other sections better. I stumbled upon most of them (mass on Mother's Day, a Spanish band poolside at nizuc etc). Food was excellent. Best vacation by far!!!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anita B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#4 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#41 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Moon Palace Cancun? Share your experiences!