Moon Palace Cancun
$371
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$886
$101
$560
$379
galahotels.com
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$397
TripAdvisor
24,362 results
All reviewssunrise sectionnizuc sectionflow ridernizuc and sunrisegolf clubla gondolalos tacoslos caporalesresort creditla trattoriaswing barpublic relationspay taxvacation plannersbrazilian restauranthuge resortdolphin swim
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at the moon palace grand last week and loved every minute. Just a wonderful hotel with wonderful people. A special mention for the Los Tacos crew, Mariana, Carlos and the wonderful Claudia and Irene who looked after us all week. Thank you for a great time.....and the mojito's! The whole stay exceeded our expectations.. Thanks Dolly!

Room Tip: Go Grand and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chris031263
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We just returned from the moon palace and we had an amazing time. Went went from April 29-May 6 and it was the perfect time of year to go. Not real crowded.

The service here was great. We traveled with our adult children. We stayed at the Nizuc section. We all had ocean view rooms that were beautiful. We had room service every day. Could walk into any of the restaurants and bars and were served immediately. The staff was nice as can be.

Nizuc is quieter than the sunrise section but we spent time at both. You can take a bus over to the other sections but walking the beach is faster. It is not the best beach in Cancun but we are really pool people. Loved the swim up bars.

All of our food was great and the drinks are amazing. There are activities every night and some of them were a lot of fun. We did take the bus down to the Beach Palace hotel to do some shopping. We stopped at the sky bar there and the service at the moon palace is SO much better.

We really took advantage of the $1500 room credit that came with the rooms. We swam with dolphins, zip lined, golfed, used the spa (highly recommeded) and got all kinds of gifts to bring home. You just pay the tax on the things your get.

All in all, we really enjoyed our trip and recommend the Moon Palace.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LinnyWad
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Let me start by saying that this is the first time that I felt I was so far apart than other reviewers. We spent 11 days at Moon palace over spring break and it was terrible. I will break this into point form and make my comments brief.

1. We were in the Nizuc section which is nowhere near as nice as Sunrise or Grand and the rooms are older. I inquired to be moved to Sunrise and they advised it was unavailable due to who we booked through (Westjet). This is reserved for certain travel companies.
2. We are a party of five and were given two rooms side by side non adjoining. Room one bed was broken, room 2 ac was broken, both rooms dirty. Woke up morning one to a dead cockroach beside my bed.
3. Called to complain and was passed off so waited at the front counter. Finally after refusing to leave the counter I was transffered (upgraded to new rooms) they were cleaner but still very dated and in need of a reno. By now we are getting angry.
4. The so called spending cash they give per room. Not an all out scam but not what you would think. Good if you are a golfer but using them on tours and around the resort is a PITA. We used maybee a quarted if this money did the spa and a round of golf.
5. VERY Bad customer service. My 10 year old daughter waited her turn for karokee night for two hours. When her turn came the dj stopped her mid song! Apparantly her pick (Disney) was not night club enough. Many of us in the audience were yelling saying let her sing, let her sing. I felt so bad for her, my wife went to speak to the host who was shirtless and wearing chaps BTW amd he called her a Racist and ended up in a huge argument telling her she embarassed him in front of his staff. This was UGLY.
6. VERY bad service. I booked a massage through the SPA which I arrived for early was greeted late. Then I was taken to the treatment room and waited at least 10 min into my treatment time for the therapist to start. THEN SHE WOULD STOP MID MASSAGE AND I COULD HEAR HER TEXTING! This happend at least four or five times. I actually found this funny it was so bad.
7. VERY bad service hair braiding. My wife took my daughter to get some braids put in her hair. She explained what she wanted which has three horizonat llines on one side. My wife left for five minutes and comes back and they are doing something completely different. So another uncomfortable conversation occurs then they do it over. HERE IS THE PART THAT MAKES ME MAD. THEY PULLED MY DAUGHTERS HAIR. She of course dosent tell us till after I was furious. Also they did not put the beads in her hair and told her her Mommy did not pay for them.
8. The food this was not all bad the steakhouse at the Sunrise Pool was Good. The Japanese was good as was the Italian at the clubhouse. The buffet's on the other hand were very busy with long wait times and the food was so/so at best. Truly the staff seemed completely overwhenlemd the number of guests.
9. This resort is undergoing a partial reno and there is many areas that are in very rough condition. Sidewalks are cracked, paint is flaking, chairs are dirty etc..
10. The Pool by 8 am there are no chairs PERIOD. There is no enforcement to the chair reserving and many people come plop there stuff down at 5 am and come pick it up at 3pm and never sit there. So I had to play the game up at 5am to go save seats at the pool. Cleanliness was fair at best we had one incident in the kids areas where there was fecis in the non slip mat by the slide. We obviously pulled our son out but my fie literally tried to tell three or four employees there was poop in the pool and they ignored her(speak no english). In my book poop is pretty universal.
11. The beach and ocean are not great at this location you have to take a shuttle to the Beach Palace to actually swim in the ocean. So this to was a disapointment.
12. The golf was GOOD if I was a golfer with no kids and wanted to play every day the complexion of this resort would be much better. But for families I thought it was POOR at best.

My 10 year old daughter came up with the title of this post. She looked at us on day 8 and said every day is a new disapointment. Truthfully we wanted to go home on day 2 and it did not get any better. Everyone we spoke to at the resort seemed to be of same opinion so I have no idea how this one Travellers Choice. I would honestly not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Grand or Sunrise only in a renovated room. Better bet is choose another resort.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank yipekiya
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just back from our wedding at moon palace and it exceeded all of our expectations. We stayed at the grand section which as many as the other reviewers highlight is more relaxed and quiet. At the Wet bar pool at the grand we had one of the best bar men I've ever encountered, Felipe Canche your a legend, there was a big group of us all from northern Ireland, we all enjoy a drink and this guy delivered, the other bar man there Jesus was also top quality, he just wasn't there as much as Felipe so we didn't get to know him as well. The waitress there is Amelia and as all the men was at the pool bar she made sure all the ladies on the sun beds never had to want for anything, before they had a chance to finish their cocktail she was asking if they would like another. At the roof top terrace bar in the grand section i have to mention Miguel, excellent sense of humour and kept entertained. I'm sorry i can't remember more name's as the service from all was top notch, its just these were the ones we spent most time with.

If quiet and relaxed is not your thing then your only a nice walk or a quick bus ride away from one of the other sections, sunrise and nizuc which are more lively.

The food was excellent and of restaurant quality. I would be here for a long time if i were to go into detail.

I have no negatives apart from the length of time it takes to get from the UK to mexico. My wife and i are already making plans for hopefully another visit next year. Thats how good this place is. If you have not been i recommend you do, try to ignore any negative comments you read on hear as i don't know what kind of treatment these people are used too. Wish i was back there now.

Room Tip: Make sure and go see the show at MoMo the oriental restaurant. Amazing cooking and food.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AndyMcd9toes
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I got married at Moon Palace on April 22. Most of our trip was focused around planning the wedding so I do not feel like I had much time to really appreciate all that Moon Palace has to offer. That being said, we loved the grand side rooms, in fact, we were upgraded for free to a presidential suite because they messed up our booking arrangements. This was the most beautiful room with a living room, dining room, bar, walk in closet, 2 bathrooms and large balcony. It came in handy when we wanted to just hang out with our 34 guests! We had a meet and greet for all the guests at the caribbean terrace which has the most amazing view. Our rehearsal dinner was at Arricefis Brazilian restaurant, where they serve different meats until you tell them to stop! It was a big hit! We traveled to the sunrise section alot because this is where the activities are, the flow rider was fun and we did the swimming with the dolphins which I really enjoyed. We used our resort credits for the dolphin swim, biosilk shampoos and lotion facial creams, tequila and at the spa for our hair and makeup for the wedding. We did not have enough time to use them for the different excursions. We also did not feel we could use most of the resort credits that were offered because they have so many restrictions. The jewelry is too expensive and they only give you a small amount towards the jewelry credits. Some guests did the timeshare tour and received additional resort credits which did not have any restrictions. One of our guests even bought a timeshare!

The wedding was amazing, there were some hiccups with the planning process and I feel like we spent too much time with the wedding office and would have preferred to spend more time with our guests but we had a great time and the wedding of our dreams. If you have any questions about the wedding, please let me know.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends