“Good Resort”

Moon Palace Cancun
Ranked #23 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went to Moon Palace for our Honeymoon in October. Over all we had a great time! The place was beautiful! There was plenty of pool space, nice rooms, and WONDERFUL service! The weather is just right in Oct too! BUT one of my major problems with this resort was the food! Oh my gosh it was awful! Im from North Carolina and i love to eat! I was so excited to eat at all the different restaurants but we hated all of them. I cant really explain what was so bad about the food, it was just not what we expected. So all week we pretty much starved! Until the last night we decided to eat at one of the "Ellegance" restaurants, (Bambu) Its located on the Golf Course. Now it was GREAT!. So if i could do it over i would start out eating at the nicer restaurants instead of waiting the last day. Also another disappointment about the resort was all the construction they were doing in the Sunrise section. Thats the section we were staying at. It was so noisy and dusty and they had everything roped off. It was really just a turn off. If we went back we would probably stay at Grand, it seemed like it would be more for "couples". But on a happier note, we loved our stay at Moon Palace and probably would go back. The people are wonderful and its so peaceful. Oh! and another thing if your going for your honeymoon, be sure to get the honeymoon package before you book your trip, they give you a pink wrist band and you just get to do alot more and more pampering. Sadly we didnt know to tell them were Honeymooners :( Hope this was helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chelsey H

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was at Moon with Robert S and have to say this resort is 5 stars. As Bob said - Pablo is the greatest! Go by the swing bar and request him as he will make you day at the pool! I enjoyed the numerous selections of restaraunts. All with good food! Golf is a bit spendy but not a lot of choices. Riviera Cancun is worth the trip for golf as its cheaper and nicer. I have to say the time to check-in and check-out chould be accelerated - not sure why so much typing is required when you give all your info in advance. How about checking out on the TV like many other hotels have. The resort is big but good walking experience. All staff we encountered were top notch. We never got hard sell time share sales. Free rides to Cancun and Playa Del Car was great - spent a couple days seeing the sights. Its nice to be able to take a break and eat (free) at the other Palace resorts in the area.

Definitely will be back - been there three times already! Thanks for the great itmes Pablo!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

For anyone that has anything to complain about (besides the beach) must be a spoiled brat!! This was our first time there and we will ABSOLUTELY be back... every year if we could afford it! Before I start with all the amazing things about Moon Palace I will tell you my one negative, which wasn't even a big deal to my boyfriend and I, the beach is not the best... there is a lot of seaweed. We were told on one of the excursions we went on that back in '05 Hurricane Wilma came through and destroyed the beach. They rebulit it the best they could. The pool area is SOO nice, HUGE, plenty places to sit, no reason to leave the pool area to go on the beach. The staff is AMAZING!!! We ran out of something in the cooler in our room as we were leaving for the night, I called the front desk and said we were going out and it wasn't to important to fill now but let the housekeeping know that we needed a refill... they said they would be up in 30 minutes. Out of curiosity when we got home a couple hours later sure enough it was full. Everybody is just so friendly so happy to please!! As for it not being very personal... LIE... they all asked our names, told us their names. If you go back to the same spot you were the day or night before at the very least, rememeber your face. The bartenders/staff/servers at the pool made our vacation! The rooms were SO nice! Very romantic for couples! There is a hot tub in the middle of the room a hammock out on the balcony. Everything is white and tile you can tell it is clean!! We are in our 20's and saved to go on this trip and will try to go back every year.... even trying to talk our parents into becoming members and taking family vacations, it's a great place for anyone!!! The food was great and there was even a very cute little personal pizza maker by the pool where you could just pick your toppings and they make you a pizza while you're out by the pool. I can't say enough good things about this place. I would probably have a lot more great things to say if I sat and thought this through but I wrote it on a whim when I read some negative comments that made me angry. This place is WONDERFUL! PARADISE!!!

Room Tip: Ask to stay at sunrise... it is the place with the best nightly entertainment.
4  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed March 29, 2013

On arrival we were told to put all our money in the safe as we would not need. any how true they gave us $2500 in credits to be used on virtually any thing we went to chichen itza, isla majures, cuncun water park, tulum, had massages, facials, expensive wines and champagnes, limo to airport and more all with credits the food was fantastic and the sevice top class it was a wonderful hollday top class all the way..

Room Tip: Rooms in Grand section of hotel very modern as recently built other rooms a little dated. However e...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mandy863
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I checked into this hotel today and am writing this review at the end of the checkin experience...

Still 4 days here so hopefully it gets better.

I expected to stand in lines when I left home this morning...Airline, TSA, Immigration, customs...but not the 5 star hotel I was staying in. But that is the ONLY place I had to wait...not for 10 mins or 20 mins but over an hour - just to be told that my room was not ready and that I needed to stand in line again at 3 pm ( I had arrived at 12:30 pm).

While the lady at the reception was pleasant enough, the lack of man power was overwhelming.

While waiting I saw an army of blue shirted people milling about the reception area not doing anything and went to them to complain. That was helpful...not! Unbelievably rude and unhelpful - said I could talk to "Public Relations" around the corner. That was a complete non- starter as those folks assured me that everyone was doing their best...

After getting the news that my room wasn't ready, I started to leave the reception area and was accosted by afore mentioned persons in blue...asked me to relax in the lobby area while she was explain The facilities to me...and oh, where was my wife ? As this was a dad + kids weekend, there was no wife for me to produce...and that's when I realized that the Blue folks were selling time shares because I never saw them again.

I hope the rest of our stay is better than the first 3 hours.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Nitin-Apte
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have been coming to Moon Palace Sunrise for several years. The last two times we've been there we have had the wonderful opportunity to have Pablo as our server by the pool. Pablo usually works near the swing bar is "Is The Best". He has made our trips so perfect that we keep bringing more people back every year. There is no way we would ever sit any where else at the pool because our days are full of fun and 100% fabulous service when Pablo is our man. Please let Pablo know that Bob Stinnett sent a Completely Satisfied review about him. My membership number is 3116395. Thank you, Pablo, for being the best!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Robert S
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I went there last week (03/19/2013) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everyone had a smile on their face... The restaurants were delicious. Our favorites were Momo, barracuda and bugambilia (for breakfast)! There is a fantastic server at Bugambilia's named Rafael... ASK for him! Best customer service you will ever experience! The pool activities were great, especially the water volleyball. The entertainment staff made you feel special and included. Noir on a Friday night was a blast (especially in the VIP section!) and the drinks were delicious. We put out the breakfast room service cards at night and chose our food and time we wanted it delivered and it came correct and at the exact time we had chosen (8:30am). The resort is big and allows for many people to have a good experience. It never felt crowded in the middle of spring break season. Since you get the wrist band for moon-palace, you have the opportunity to take the free charter bus to the beach palace and enjoy the beautiful beach and roof-top pool in the heart of cancun. Our trip couldn't have been any better. We would recommend this resort to any/everyone looking to have a great time and a phenomenal experience.

Room Tip: Moon palace- sunrise section- anywhere around the main pool was great.
2  Thank melissa w