“Love Moon Palace, we will be going back for a 4th time this year”
Review of Moon Palace Cancun

Moon Palace Cancun
Ranked #24 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hueg resort away from the main strip. We love this as we are here to relax, not to party and bar hop. We can honestly spend our entire trip at the resort and not leave. That being said, when we go into the main resort strip area of Cancun, transportation is a courtesy provided or you can take a cab very cheap. It isnt that far of a drive and worth it to be away from the busy hustle and bustle. The pool is HUGE and amazing. Great service and great swim up bars as well as pool side grills, fresh pizza in a stone pissa oven etc. The beach is clean and nice - I dont spend much time in the water on the beach so I cannot attest to its usable condition but I have watched many people take advantage of the water activities offered on the beach.
The dining choices are amazing, my favorite is the asian restaraunt, yum!! always a huge variety of great food.
Love the Spa! Last visit I think i had a massage every single day!
Rooms are great although the beds are a little firm for my liking but always clean and well taken care of.

Room Tip: Every room we have stayed in has had a beach view and been very nice
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tiffanylf
There are newer reviews for Moon Palace Cancun

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Recently back from two weeks at Moon Palace, we had a fabulous time, can't praise the complex enough. Had plenty of activities to keep people entertained. We chose to play golf which we fould very testing, mangrove swamps and crocodiles included in package, also plenty of other wildlife. We thought the food in restaurants was of a high standard, particularly the Bugambilias which served mostly Mexican cuisine. We would like to mention three of the waiters in particular who we found to be very friendly and helpful - Eladio, Mauricino and Angel. Would recommend this resort to anyone, it is a large complex but easy to find your way around and courtesy buses were always available to go between resorts.

3  Thank rich35sue
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just returned from a great week at Moon Palace , staying in the Sunrise section of the hotel. There are renovation works going on in this section , and the management team should do more about making it less of an eyesore as you are walking through the grounds. I understand these works need to be done but when you have paid good money to come to a quality resort you dont expect to have to walk through it on a daily basis . That said the remainder of the hotel is beautiful.
The rooms are quite small and the mattresses are very hard ! The in- room jacuzzi and hammock on the balcony is a nice touch.
There is LOTS to do at this resort , and the resort credits are a great idea - you will never be bored.
Plenty of restaurants - The tapenyaki Momo and the Italian Trattoria were our favourites and the food in those two was excellent. Service across the restaurants was on the whole very good with some members of staff really excelling themselves .
The pool areas are very well laid out with plenty of loungers all day long - no need for the early rise to make sure you get one ! The beach again had plenty of beds all day long . The beach is nice and yes there is alot of seaweed , but the hotel staff work very hard at ensuring this is constantly cleared.
We only watched one show during our stay , the Micheal Jackson show which we enjoyed , and spent most evenings in the lobby bar where they had a great singer and the atmosphere was very relaxing.
Overall we had a great week and really enjoyed it. Would definately return and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Rooms are quite small in Sunrise and Nuzic sections but the rooms in the Grand section are larger.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank tsharp_11
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was our 1st time @ Moon Palace - we stayed at Nizuc area.. The place is very large but they provide transportation around it. Staff is their best asset. Carlos& Felix @ the pool. Waiters Inocente,Felipe & Juan @ breakfast. Rosa & Lizzet @ Guest service. Food at the pool grills was great -esp. the fajaits.We didn't go to any of the entertainment but it sounded great and there was plenty. Our bell boy noticed that I was walking pretty slowly and asked about me & stairs because our room was on the 3rd floor.How great of him to mention it. We got our room changed without any problem. Nice catch by Andres Emmanul. All their staff is always looking out for you. The pools are great,beach is a plus. Also have a shallow kiddie pool right by the main one. Rooms are being redone but we didn't see the new ones. Plenty of room to jog around the property. It was in the 80's but there was a constant breeze so never too hot. Plenty of dining choices. We will return.

Room Tip: All rooms have a little balcony with chairs.You can request a certain area(golf, beach front,etc.)an...
4  Thank May4646
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Moon Palace is a wonderful place to spend a vacation. The resort itself is huge with many amenities and things to do, and the staff are so friendly and helpful that you feel welcome and included, which was a very pleasant surprise given its size. The grounds are immaculate and rooms are clean and modern. Food and drink were unlimited and were quite good. I especially liked having the pizza oven near the pool so I could grab a quick snack in the afternoon. If you want more than a quick snack, there are always restaurants waiting to serve you. We only had 4 days to spend there, and wished we had alot more. In that time we were able to scuba dive (including taking the certification course), visit XPlor for ziplining, play beach volleyball, socialize by the pool, and try surfing in the wave pool (harder than it looks). There are plenty of things to do at the resort and in the general area. Plus it is only a 10 min drive from the airport. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you are going to do the scuba certification program, Abraham does a really nice job.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cme_11
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed at other Palace resorts. This was by far my least favorite. My husband and I stayed there in October of 2012 for a wedding for 7 nights. We traveled with a large group of us (about 30 people) We were in the Nizuc Section. The wedding was beautiful. They did a good job with the ceremony, reception and various events the couple organized pretty although not that well organized. We were walking around lost till one of the workers drove us to the wedding itself. The place is huge I found on of the problems was shuttling the wedding people and the regular hotel guest to be very inconvenient. I had to wait for 4 shuttles before I could get on one to go to the wedding reception. I believe this was more a problem of the wedding coordinator.

Now as far as I staying there for a independent vacation I wouldn't stay again.

Rooms-We had problems in the first room we were assigned. Room 5314 overlooking the un-swimmable ocean. Our lock was broken on the first night and we couldn't get back in our room after dinner. They kept giving us new cards even when I told the desk clerk it wasn't the card. The light wasn't flashing. After 3 different people came to see it they got us inside. Next morning the locking mechanism fell off and was hanging by a wire. The safe wouldn't open on the second day, the battery needed replacing. Also there was a gap in the front door frame (that explains the overnight bug bites. The room phone receiver smelled and the cord came out when you picked it ups. The final straw for my husband is when a lizard came out of the TV. I saw the little guy before but the seriously freaked out my husband.

After the that they finally changed our room. We were moved to 6112 closer to the pool. That is when I discovered how horrible the other room was. I found in the new room things that were missing in the previous room: room service pages, slippers, flat iron. The made was even better. Rosita was fabulous. The rooms were finished before noon and we had turn down service.

As far as other things the hotel had good points, Buffet good custom omelets, pasta, smoothies. A la Cart- Mexican was excellent. Wedding food was good too. Pool Grill also good. I'm a foodie and you be able to find something you want to eat. Good excellent selection of liquor Bar tenders and wait staff couldn't have been nicer if their lives depended on it. Nice pool complex. Nice entertainment. Service by everyone except the front desk and the maid for Room 5314 was excellent the time share people were of course relentless.

Now to the bad-It is too dam big. Too far from town (I had to rent a car). The entrance is miles from the hotel and there are animals. Saw a animal with the body of a dog and a tail like a cat. Scared the crap out of me. Nope don't like furry animals unless they are house cats. The little lizard was nothing but a lemur is a not for me. Noise from other weddings. Did I mention that the beach was un-swimmable well on some days it had a funky odor as well. Oh yea the bed is beyond firm. I slept mostly by the pool to make up for the uncomfortable nights.

Room Tip: Get a room but the pool and loby everything is beyond a country mile to travel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank da_drow
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Seventh year at Moon Palace. We stayed at Moon Grand for the first time and it was exceptional. Always great service. Staff is very friendly. Food is good but not extraordinary. Played golf everyday. Changes in access to Rivera Cancun make it not a good place to play anymore. We went, instead to Mayakoba. The Moon Palace courses are terrific and we like the "play it forward" approach on the Jungle and Lakes courses. Well worth the trip.

Room Tip: Ask for the Grand when booking. The Sunrise and Nizuk areas are being renovated.
1  Thank Jo R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Moon Palace Cancun? Share your experiences!