Moon Palace Cancun
$236
$337
$330
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$463
$322
Agoda.com
24,615 results
All reviewssunrise sectionnizuc sectionflow ridernizuc and sunrisegolf clubla gondolalos tacoslos caporalesresort creditla trattoriaswing barpublic relationspay taxvacation plannersbrazilian restauranthuge resortdolphin swim
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Moon Palace Resort in Cancun July 16th - 23rd 2012 for a friends wedding. In my previous review I mentioned that in a checkout mix up they cleaned my room (which I was still in for another day) and removed all of my things. When my luggage was returned I noticed that all of my toiletries had gone missing (a replacement value of around $100). With the timing of everything my only course of action was to email the resort after my stay and deal with it from home. I had requested a refund of $100 in order to replace the things I was missing which I thought was more than a reasonable request. The hotel agreed and said that they would wire transfer me the funds. I should mention that to get to this point in the process had already taken 2 months! I provided them with the information they needed for the transfer and waited for confirmation.

Well....I am still waiting. They told me it had been completed and through follow up with my bank and the hotel they had made a mistake so the money never made it in to my account. At the request of the resort I made sure they had accurate information and am now left waiting again. So far nothing. It has been 4 months since my visit and I am still waiting. I last emailed the woman I had been dealing with over 10 days ago and have yet to get a reply.

While the Moon Palace Resort could be the fantastic getaway you are hoping for, if you run into any trouble of any kind (which happened to most of the 50 people in our party) best of luck getting it resolved.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Amy T
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We got married in this resort in Aug 2006 which was truly amazing , Iv titled my review Heaven because thats how good the stay was back then .Our trips was all arranged by Thomas Cook Weddings ,everything went brilliantly and we were keen to go back to the hotel for another visit as we had such an amazing time then.
We went back to stay in the Moon Grand part of this complex in August 2011. The Moon Grand is the newer part of the hotel which has now been completed, The moon palace hotel complex is massive with three main areas, the nizuc , the sunrise and the mood grand. All of which are great ,depends on what you are looking for as some areas are livelier that others. There are buses that transport you from one lobby bar area to the other every 10 mins , we liked the walk. The hotel has so many restraunts to choose from all superb standard with staff that are keen to help. We did notice the staff had been cutt down from the first hotel stay in 2006 but they were still attentive and helpfull . We stayed in this hotel when the hotel were giving an incentive of 2500 dollars to spend within the resort if you stayed for two weeks, It was a great incentive and you could use this for trips ect.

The Moon Grand area is the quieter area of the hotel which is what we were looking for, lovely suites with of course the jaquizzi, which we made the most of , Weather was fab a nice breeze most days. the only thing was the beach, it has lots of seaweed, the staff do their best to get rid of this by coming along in tractors each day and removing most of this. The best thing about a Palace chain is you can go to all the other hotels and use all the facilities there as well. we did ,they were all super. We got the free shuttle bus from the hotel to the Cancun palace and the Beach Palace ....WOW... what a view from the rooftop bar looking down to the beach, but saying that I liked staying in the Moon Palce as we liked the quiet and we also had the option of going livelier if we wanted. Loved every minute of the stay , We have been to other Mexican Hotels and other resorts in Cuba and the Dominican Republique and I have still to find one that beats this hotel .The Palace chain beats them all hands downs.
We did have a bit of Timeshare selling this time at the Moon Palcace. You get an offer to look round the presidential suites and upgrade to become Diamond members, we didnt realise it was timeshare at first as they dont tell you this upfront but saying that if I had the money the Presidential suite looked out of this world...however look out for the timeshare staff before you know it you will be off on a tour without realising !!!!
The only thing is that now I'v experienced this hotel all my holidays since staying here have been dissapointing as I always say ...not as good as the Moon Palace. This hotel is special to us as we got married there but in my opinion its the best hotel i'v stayed in so far....The Palace Chain have taken over The Hard Rock Cafe hotel in Dominican Republic and have branched out in a differtent country other than Mexico, which I am so pleased about as we are going to try it out in Aug 2013 to see if can possibly beat The Moon Palace? Who knows watch this space ....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carolinebanks
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Place is beautiful. Staff could not do enough for us. Every one was cordial and would always greet you in passing. The only let down was some of the food. There are 3 good restaurants on the property but they are hard to get into. Otherwise you have nice buffets, food is second rate, some have little choice (Bumbalicious & La Gondola). We had room service at breakfast and they come quick. You can eat all you want and drink all you want. The rooms are all tiled and the floors slippery on wet feet are wet, There is no meaningful "tort law" in Mexico so you are at your risk in this regard. The room was enormous, bed very comfortable. I strongly recommend it - one of the best I've ever stayed in. Plenty of eating and drinking spots and all sorts of entertainment if you want it. .This by the way is NOT in Cancun City but on the outskirts about 20 miles south of it, so if you are looking for something wilder with club hopping and hotel hopping this is not the place.

Room Tip: The quiet area would be buildings 86 and 87. The center of the action is the "Nizuc" area and the busiest is "Sunrise."
1  Thank Vickie S
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have been to most of the Palace Resorts and decided to go to the Moon Palace for a week with friends. We were a little reluctant as it is a large property. We loved the Moon Palace and would definitely come back.

We were lucky enough to score ocean front rooms. We were on the Nizuc side but next to the Moon Grand lobby.

We LOVED Claudia at the furthest pool on the Moon Grand side. She took excellent care of us with drinks and food. She greeted us by name. She really appreciated that we knew her name and looked her in the eyes when we ordered and talked with her. It is amazing how common courtesy goes a long way.

Jose Luis at the Moon Grand breakfast buffet was every bit as enjoyable as Claudia. Having Jose Luis at breakfast was a great way to start your day. Same rules apply to all the employees at the Moon Palace if you treat them with respect , they will treat you like you are very special.

The Spa and Golf Courses were fantastic. Three in our group loved the golf courses and we all enjoyed our times at the Spa..... Even the men!

The Bloody Mary drink that one of our friends had at the Golf / Spa bar was the best he has ever had in his life. The restaurants at the Golf / Spa building you have to make reservations. The restaurants are oriental and Italian. These restaurants have the best food that we have found in Mexico and that says a lot since we have been coming to Mexico for 30 years.

The Palace offers $1500 credit per room and you can use on golf, spa and excursions. Why would you go any where else??

Enjoy your time at the Palace Resorts.......

4  Thank carolminnesota
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was the 3rd year we have gone to the Moon Palace Resort. Except for the construction remodel on the rooms and 1 restuarant closed down we had a great time. We stayed on the Sunrise side and we had no trouble navigating thru the construction areas. The rooms are spacious and with the new remodel will be even larger..they are taking out the BIG Jacuzzi tubs and replacing them with smaller models. The spa experience was once again marvelous. Selena at the golf course spa does the best hot stone massage..Pablo at the Sunrise pool recognized us right away from last year and was there any time we needed him.It's great being recognized, they make you feel welcome immediately. Over the years we have gotten to know the workers and its fun to catch up with them and their families. Gabino at the LaGondola greated every morning with a smille, knew what each of us wanted right from the beginning..We did have a problem with check out but it was resolved with the help of Rene from VIP services. It took some time but it was due to computers systems not talking to one another..We have stayed at the Aventure Spa Palace also and it would be nice to stay there next time to see the changes they have made. We have encountered NO major problems at either place and am looking forward to returning again..