We went there for a destination wedding and met up with about twenty people. Having read on TA about the construction, we selected the junior golf suite and had a great time. The room was always kept immaculate and well-stocked with towels. Had the use of our own golf cart so we could get anywhere easily and quickly. All the staff were pleasant, friendly and helpful. The golf course is amazing! Had a fun round there. Loved the variety/number of pools to choose from in the different sections.
The wedding was beautiful and the reception and dinner following were excellent. Two things make this just a bit less than an excellent rating. The food was okay, just buffet food. But the stone oven pizza by the pool was fantastic, as was eating at Los Tacos. Recommend eating at the golf course, too, for breakfast and/or lunch as you get better food. The other thing that was irritating was all the selling up front. It took hours to check in because we had to wait as some others checked in to sit through a sales pitch for a 'chance to earn two hundred resort credits'. Which led to wasting several hours the following morning going through the time share selling. Try to avoid that. It's not worth it. You can only use the credits for tequila and select cigars in the shops, some spa services, and a round of golf (still have to pay to rent clubs), and upgrade of wine (I don't think so...it wasn't that much better). So overall we enjoyed ourselves, had a good time with friends, but for the short time we were there we didn't appreciate having to endure the sales pitches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico