Quick 'n' Dirty: lots of tips with US dollars for averge service, food posioning over average food, poor cleaning, no clean beach swimming, but an amazing view!
We arrived so excited, expecting pampering and 5star service from what we'd been told by friends. My sister & I were having our first girls only trip! We walked into the lobby to check in & were greeted with flowers for our hair, champagane while we checked in, and amazing staff! We got to our room with a fabulous view & great beds, ready to go explore! We stoppe at the desk to use our $1500 credit, only to find out almost everything was booked. Then transportation was $70 additional each way to each expedition! We were bummed, but decided to use the credit towards the spa, but prices were high, so just my sister was able to get a massage. Nothing else was available during our stay... Disappointed at that. No more champagne. Very little help.
Then we tried to find dinner. Let's just say, it was actually difficult to figure out where to go, signs were not readily available, and they had many weddings/ receptions where food was served outside (we were always scared we were crashing a party!) so we stuck to the reservation places after eating some not so appetizing dinners. Seafood place was the next night-- food poisoning galore!! Hit about 6 hrs later with severe diarrhea/ vomiting. Bad thing? Yes, worse? No way to clean up the room before housekeeping! I asked for additional trash bags-- they had holes in the bottoms! (hole punched areas in every bag! I'm still baffled on) then I tried to get some crackers/ Gatorade. Nothing. Only soda... We did eventually find crackers, but nothing to rehydrate quickly. 2 days later we finally recovered, with only 1 day left on our vacation! Cautiously we had to eat again, this time the pasta place. It was less flavorful than olive garden, some frozen veggies mixed with pasta? Salad was good, but my sister refused to eat anything raw since we loaded up on fruit, salad, then seafood on the day we got sick. So she missed the salad...
Drinks by the pool were so, so. And yes, people smoked. I was surprised. Overall, I liked the view & I later found out because we were not "members" we weren't supposed to get 'welcome champagne' but it did set for an awesome first impression and sad it didn't stay that way. Our room was never REALLY cleaned (sticky door handles so bad that we put tissue around them & it stuck!! --for our ENTIRE trip, the tissue was never removed & handles were never wiped down). After 3 days plus illness, it totally changed my perception of taking a jetted bath too, just the though! Ew.
Room service breakfast was ok (when u r sick), but getting breakfast to go boxes was the best! Omletes, fresh hot plantains, yum. Took it to the room and sat on the balcony. Great way to end the trip :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelPower, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico