“Moon Palace Sunrise-April 21-28, 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moon Palace Cancun

Moon Palace Cancun
Ranked #23 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boynton Beach
“Moon Palace Sunrise-April 21-28, 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is our third trip to the Moon Palace Sunrise and this time came with my sister and her husband. My brother-in-law said it for all of us: We have never been treated better anywhere in the world. My husband and I travel extensively all over the world and look forward to our week at the Moon Palace Sunrise with pure joy. The food, drink and service is incredible. The rooms are fabulous. I have been there with my young grandchildren and they talk about it all the time. The staff is amazing. After being there for the third time staff member actually remembered us by name. We live in florida and the flight is 1and 1/2 hours on Jet Blue so it doesn't get much better. Can't wait to go back again. We are bring more family members next time. You truly can't get a better experience at any price. Every makes you feel like they are thrilled to have to you spend your vacation with them.

Room Tip: I really pays to spend the extra $200 for the concierge upgrade. The room location is much better a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank boyntonbeachbabe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,888)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

We were travelling for our parents' 40th wedding anniversary, so it was a family celebration, and it didn't disappoint. We've done a few all inclusives between us and we all said this was the best, bar none.

We were amazed at the quality of the food, in every one of the restaurants we ate at, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. We got to know some of the staff, particularly Baltazar, who served us with drinks all day on the beach. We generally felt that service was something the hotel works hard at, and gets right. All staff were curteous, polite and couldn't do enough for you. The main thing being that it felt genuine too, as though they enjoyed being at work and adding to the guest experience. It felt like there was 2 staff members for every guest, and when we checked, that was true, albeit in a relatively quiet spell for the hotel.

The golf club and spa were excellent, well-organised and professional. I have never played a golf course with more wildlife - crocs, turtles, iguana, all sorts of birds and a new one for us - the coatimundi, or tejon. The pools were enormous and had swim-up bars, chill out areas, activity areas, kids areas etc. The sand on the beach was great, the sea itself not too welcoming due to the large amount of seaweed, but they have tractors going up and down all day clearing it, which helps a bit. I'm sure there are loads of other activities to get involved with, but we were there to relax.

The rooms were great, double jacuzzis in the bedrooms, excellent aircon and well-stocked mini bar. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was good enough. There was no noise during the night either.

The only thing we would have changed, is the volume of music played all day long in every part of the outdoor/pool/beach areas and bars. A quiet zone would have gone down well in our opinion - difficult to sleep by the pool or on the beach. And due to it's location, there are some guests from not too far north who need to find their own volume control too.

Overall, a superb all inclusive stay and I would actively advise people to go there. I wouldn't be surprised if some of our party go back at some point.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank MLJ_SW1V
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Just returned from the Moon Palace in Cancun with best friends, we spent 10 days in heaven !!! No lineups in any of the restaurants and the selection of food was simply amazing.

All of the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. We stayed at the Nizuk and had so much fun with Tatiana and Nelson who are the heart of the activity staff, they were excellent at the jobs and got everybody up and joining in, sooooo muich fun.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anne H
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

As a preface I’d like to say that we always travel to Jamaica several times a year but for a change we decided to try Cancun this time. I went to Jet Blue Vacations and found Moon Palace. Being that my husband is an avid golfer this seemed like the perfect place for us. We always stay at adult only AI’s so I was a bit apprehensive that this was a family resort but we booked the perfect week --- 4/17-4/24, which was after Spring Break and before school was let out for the summer so we only saw a handful of children. The hotel was only at 60% occupancy we stayed in the Nizuc section in Bambu building. We had the perfect Oceanview room with a great view of the pool and the ocean.

The resort is beautiful and very large but we had no trouble getting around. They had large tour buses that came frequently and took you lobby to lobby. The pool areas were beautiful and we had no trouble getting loungers. In fact some mornings by 10:00 there were only a few people at the pool at the Nizuc pools. Pool service was great they were always coming around asking if you needed anything and sometimes just brought us drinks without asking. The beach water as everyone knows is not great but the beach itself is gorgeous--- fine white sand and lots of palapas with loungers and beach service.

The food and service was great. We ate lunch daily either at the buffet at El Manglar or at Palapa Delfines where we had top sirloin cooked to order or the grilled sea bass. We had dinner at Arrecifes (Brazilian steakhouse), Los Caporales (Mexican—my husband loved the Mexican coffee in their lobby which he would have Tequila and Kahlua added to), Momo No Hana (Asian—loved the fried ice cream and banana tempura for dessert) and the El Manglar buffet. I also loved the Sweet and Coffee where I could get mocha frappes, cappuccinos and sandwiches that were already made up and they were open from 6:00am until 1:00am. I also liked that all of the restaurants were open until 11:00pm --- this allowed us time to relax after being in the sun all day with non-stop drinks. We did have wait times at all the al a carte restaurants but they gave you a little device that went off when your table was ready so you could walk around or go sit at the bar while you waited and the wait never seemed too long. I did notice that at 2 of the restaurants we went to that had a casual elegant dress code there were a lot of people there in shorts and sandals.

All of the staff was wonderful --- everyone always had a smile and everyone greeted you with Hola!! The entertainment staff at Nizuc was great!! Shout out to Carlos and Felix. There was live entertainment in the Nizuc lobby every night starting at 7:00. Don’t miss the Michael Jackson show at Sunrise.

We were only asked twice about the timeshare --- excuse me, the vacation plan and were not pressured at all. We had $1500 in resorts credits, which my husband used to play 5 rounds of golf. The golf was $260 + the 11% tax came to $289.50 and since we booked before April 1 the total was deducted from our credits--- they said if you booked after April 1 you could not use the credits to pay the tax.

My husband really loved the golf --- only 18 holes were open while we were there. I told him before we left after reading the forums and the reviews to make sure he took extra golf balls but he did not listen and only took 2 dozen --- well he lost 11 balls the 1st day and again the second day --- he had to buy 2 dozen balls while there for a whopping $45 a dozen!

All in all we had a great vacation and are can’t wait to return again next year---only it will be for a longer stay and my husband will be bringing extra golf balls!! Also by booking through Jet Blue Vacations we earned enough points for a free flight!!

Room Tip: Our room in the Bambu building in the Nizuc section was perfect-- great view and cetrally located.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mficke0713
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have visited Moonpalace twice in 2008 as a couple and then a further visit in 2010 with 2 children. I cannot wait to return again in 2013. I was a bit apprehensive about taking the children to Mexico at such a young age but having been there before I knew the high level of cleanliness and doctor on site we were in safe hands! Anyone thinking of going to this hotel should ignore any bad reviews and go you will feel like your in paradise and wont want to go home. I can honestly say its the only destination I have ever been to that I didnt want to leave ( usualy I get slightly home sick). The variety of restaurants and the extremely high level or service from check in to departure is amazing. I appreciate that it is quite expensive but you get what you pay for and you will not be dissapointed!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank An27dy
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stayed at the Moon Palace Sunrise. It was a great place to relax and be treated like royalty. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way to please you. They were very attentive to your every want and need. The security in Cancun is very good. It is not a scary place like the media makes it out to be. The taxi drivers know where to go and the best way to get you to your destination. The food is great and there are so many choices. I hated to leave this paradise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Barb D
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

We were celebrating our 30 anniversary. We had an amazing time. The staff are very helpful the food is great. Rooms are a nice size. The waiter at La Gondola went out of his way to help my husband get the drink that he wanted.

Shopping trips to Beach palace and Lapis, in particular, capped off a perfect week.

Room Tip: Ocean view are better value than Superior rooms, otherwise bird noise will be exessive
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
#7 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,531 reviews
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Moon Palace Cancun? Share your experiences!