this was our first trip to cancun and our first stay at a palace resort. i will happily reccomend both! hubby and i travel quite a bit and have stayed in all kinds of accomodations. this resort is huge!! we stayed in the sunrise section in the mango area in room 3405....had a decent view of the ocean and the lake terrace area of the resort. room was really good sized even with the huge jacuzzi----which hubby and i used and loved. the staff from the moment we arrived to the moment we left was nothing but friendly, curteous and so helpful. i can highly reccomend the spa in sunrise(we also went to the golf spa and it was great too) but i want to specifically mention abigail the massage therapist at sunrise. i have serious issues and do massages every two weeks...so i know massages..lol....abigail worked out issues i had that had been almost impossible to work out. she freed my body to truely enjoy this vacation....thank you. she also did a massage on hubby and he was shocked at how good she was! also we had manni/peddi's and they were great also.
we ate at as many restaurants as possible and really liked all but the italian buffet in nizuc..our favorites were the italian at the golf area and the oriental one in sunrise...very good! also the brazillian at nizuc was great and the carribean one at the grand was lovely. service and staff in all the restaurants were great!
we also visited the beach palace...took a cab ourselves up there and spent the whole day...loved it! beach was great and we loved the skytop pool and bar area....while there a man climbed the glass wall and proceeded to lower himself to wash the windows...scarred the crap outta me...i dont care what they pay him..it needs to be more....lol i also want to say i have never seen a staff so attenative to keeping a property clean.
all in all i would highly reccomend this property and look foward to returning to cancun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico