Moon Palace Cancun
$495
$328
Agoda.com
24,664 results
All reviewssunrise sectionnizuc sectionflow ridernizuc and sunrisegolf clubla gondolalos tacoslos caporalesresort creditla trattoriaswing barpublic relationspay taxvacation plannersbrazilian restauranthuge resortdolphin swim
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed August 16, 2003

My love and I just got back from this Paradise Resort at the MoonPalace in Cancun. It was excellent. We stayed at the SUNRISE side in the Mariachi wing on the third floor. The service was EXCELLENT! In the resturants, the pool, the bars, and on the Beach, we were catered to.
Although tips not required, we found the service superior and always tipped. The staff was truely apprecitive of our gesture. The food and drinks were top rate. Always fresh and cooked to our liking. I drank beer and my love drank all sorts of mixers. Her favorite was "SEX On The Beach" and a shooter called the "White Coral". The resort is unbelievably clean. The bathrooms, the resturants, lobbies, out side pool, and pool restrooms were spotless. I was impressed. The grounds are just as pretty as they are on the brochers. Yes it is true the beach outside the MoonPalace had some seaweed, but this should have NO impact on your decision to stay here. There are shuttles that run every four hours to the other sister resorts in Cancun. It is only 15 minutes away. The beaches there are EXCELLENT, but the resorts don't compare to the Moon Palace. We highly recommend you take the tour to Tulum and the boat ride to Isle De Las Mujeras. EXCELLENT ways to spend the day. This resort is a MUST if you go to Cancun. Can wait to go back. Incidently, shop the internet for better and pricing at this resort. One last thing we shopped everywhere and found that the Gift Shop at the Moon Palace is very reasonable for all you souviners. Just Do It, You will love it!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 12, 2003

My wife and two daughters had a great time at the Moon Palace. The food was better than I expected after reading some past previews. The pools were stunning and the swim up bars were great. We stayed on the Nizuc side and our room was great and well prepared. The worst part of the stay was commuting from our room to the lobby or the pools, about 500 yards, but you plan ahead. The entire staff was extremely helpful and could not do enough for us. Highly recommend the Moon Palace for anyone. P.S. If you want a lounge chair by the pool, in the shade, you need to be there my 7am.

5  Thank Michael K
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2003

Our family of 5, including kids aged 19, 15 and 11, arrived for what was billed as a "family " resort with beautiful beaches. Neither was true. First, our room was 1/2 a mile from the main building and pool.
We were also at least 500 yard from the beach with buildings between us and the water. Added to this mix was a foul smell in the area around our room. After making the long journey in blazing heat to the pool, we were greeted by the sight of at least 10 topless women. We have tavelled to many hotels in Mexico and have not witnessed this, and certainly not with children around. Despite a sign prohibiting this, no one at the hotel made any effort to ask the women to put on some clothes.

We left as soon as possible and were fortunate enough to get rooms at the J.W. Marriott. It was superb and saved our vacation. I would not reccomend the Moon Palace to anyone.

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Newcastle, England
Reviewed August 12, 2003

After a long flight, including an overnight stay in Miami, we were amazed when we arrived at the Moon Palace Sunrise. The room was fantastic with all the amenities which we were expecting. The housekeeping service was excellent, I could find no faults. The restaurants on the whole were very good. I do feel that they need to change the booking system for the oriental restaurant as it does seem to be very popular and tables are not readily available. The pool and bars outside were all exactly what is needed in the high temperatures and are all very well staffed. We did take a horseriding trip which was great fun especially if you have never been on a horse before like my husband and get issued a horse called Vampire! We also went to Xcaret, we really enjoyed this although it was extremely hot and we would have liked the opportunity to have a full day there and leave before the night show rather than arriving at lunchtime and staying until 9.00pm.
Nightimes were just as much fun, the service in the restaurants and bars was very good. We especially liked the palapa near to the entertainment section of the pool, the service and food was excellent.
The only negative would be the music in the nightclub. I think the music played late at night was to get you to go to bed rather than to entertain you. We found everyone to be very friendly and helpful, we did not get asked about timeshare once, although this may have been due to the pink honeymooners wristbands. I would definately return and would definately recommend the resort. The 26 hour trip back home to the UK was the only downside on what was a fantastic honeymoon, thank you Moon Palace.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
South Wales, UK
Reviewed August 12, 2003

Where to begin.We arrived at the Moon Palace on 21 July this year and were greeted to a buffet and drinks during check in (sign of how spoilt we were to be on the remainder of our holiday). Our room was ready and so off we ventured. We had an excellent room which was right on the ocean front (amazing view of the Caribbean) in building 54 smack in-between nizuc and sunrise and only a 5 min walk to either lobby. The room was very clean and well presented and this was to be maintained throughout the whole of the holiday as the staff cleaned our room on a daily basis.On our first night we ate at the outdoor grill and thought that if this was the standard of things to come we were going to be very happy (which it was). For the whole 14-night stay we did not have a single meal that we did not like and the steak was always cooked to perfection. We tried all restaurants on the Nizuc side, which were all very good, and on the Sunrise side we went to the Mexican and Oriental, which were also just as delicious.The pool was definitely a sight worth seeing and is where we spent most of our time during the days. The pool on the Sunrise side was bigger but seemed more crowded and so we stayed on the Nizuc side where we never failed to find a lounger even at midday.The beach is not as bad as people make out and the staff are constantly aiming at clearing away any seaweed that may be present. I even swam in the sea and apart from it not being as clear as the Hotel Zone it was a lot calmer.During our stay my partner had a massage, which cost about £40 for one hour and he said, was absolutely wonderful. I used the beauty salon to have my hair, nails and make up done for our wedding and my hair was amazing (if you go there ask for Alberto).Our wedding service was everything we could have ever dreamed of. The wedding department were not all that friendly but this did not spoil our day and everything went wonderfully and our photographs are wonderful. It really was the best day of our lives (anyone getting married there will get a surprise when they return to their room).We did 3 tours: Swam with Dolphins in Wet and Wild, Jungle Tour and Tulum and Xel Ha. If you were doing Xel Ha I would advise you to do it as a single day and not combined with Tulum, as you really do need all day at Xel Ha. Trips are cheaper when booked through the hotel or direct in Cancun that booking with your tour operator (we saved a fortune).All in all you will have a wonderful time in Moon Palace, my only wish was that I was still there as the 14 days seemed to fly by and I hardly feel that I have been away.My only tip would be to enjoy every day to it's fullest potential and relax taking everything in savouring the whole hotel as your time there will go so fast. Have Fun

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member