Don't go to this hotel expecting luxury 4 or 5 star fixtures and fittings or you'll be disappointed. What you will get though is some of the best service I have ever come across anywhere. Friendly faces greeted you wherever you went in the hotel and the staff simply couldn't do enough for you. The rooms were outdated but spotlessly clean with room to spare. We had booked through Club La Costa and had requested we not be bothered with timshare selling and they kept true to their word, However as we had booked through them we would have expected a suite with a jacuzzi particularily as this was only a 3 star hotel - however that was the fault of CLC marketing it as a 4 star and not the hotel. The public areas were also spotless and constantly being cleaned. The pool area was disappointing and had a very 70'S feel about it, but with the ocean right in front of the hotel you could quite happily choose a spot that felt a million miles away from any noise and take in the view. The restaurant was bright and airy and the food fine and always fresh. The A La Carte restaurant had one or two dishes that were really good but it could do with changing its menu more often. We were treated like royalty wherever we went and were made to feel very special indeed. Luxury is one thing but you really can't beat good service and this hotel has that in spades. If it could update the rooms and get rid of the white plastic pool furniture it would be on to a winner. The hotel was most definitely a 3 star but the service will get a 5 star plus from us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Mexican hospitality in Park Royal Cancun, with a staff that strives to make your family smile. Infinitely delight yourself with a wide variety of dishes in our restaurants and snacks and refresh with cool drinks at the bars. When it comes to relaxation and rest, you will find the perfect spot in our comfortable rooms and suites, in the spa or in the beautiful beach. The young and the not-so-young will have a great time with the recreational activities program. ¡The children love the water play area! Take a picture next to the Yamil Lu’um ruins which you have access to from the hotel itself!; or take advantage of the resort’s unbeatable location and go shopping in La Isla Shopping Mall, only a few steps away! Live with Park Royal the vacations you have always dreamed of in the most important Mexican tourist destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Royal Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Park Royal Resort Cancun
- Park Royal Piramides Cancun