My husband and I were gifted our honeymoon through a family member that is a Royal Holiday member. Overall it was a nice resort. Not what I would recommend for a honeymoon but we did have a good vacation.
-Very clean (both rooms and resort property). The staff did a great job of keeping everything very clean and well taken care of
-One of the most beautiful beaches I have been to thus far. Soft white sand, turquoise water.
-Great buffet restaurant. I have Celiac disease (a sever allergy to gluten) but Antonio, one of the restaurant managers made sure to go through all the food selections with me each day to show me what was safe and what was not. He checked all the ingredients and asked when he wasn't sure about something. Oriental night was the worst for me (because of soy sauce on everything) so he had the chef make me a special dish.
- Great service by buffet staff and travel office: Between Antonio and our breakfast and lunch server Gabriel, they always made sure we had a smile on our face by the time we left. Gabriel got to know our favorite drinks and dishes and would bring them to us, without us even asking! He brought my husband bacon every day for breakfast... when bacon wasn't even out for breakfast! As for the travel agency women, they were so friendly and helpful. They were honest about prices and excursion popularity vs the experience and even went above and beyond to help me contact a local dog rescue Tierra de Animales that we went to go visit. They made phone calls for me to get addresses and directions and did a lot of research and soley out of being helpful, They didn't expect any money or tips.
-Front desk and Royal Holiday staff. Very rude and unhelpful (especially the Royal Holiday staff) if they didn't think they would be getting any more money from you. There is a 90 minute presentation that you can do to receive some tequilla and $100 towards any of your excursions. For me it was worth it to have the money, we needed it to do all the trips we wanted, but it was barely worth it. I was exhausted and very irritated at the end of the 90 min presentation. VERY high pressure sales.
-Beds: We had an ambassador room. Simple, clean, not much in the way of decor or luxury, In fact my husband and I had to sleep in different beds because the beds were so small (our feet hung over the edge a bit). We tried to ask for a room with a queen or king but apparently they don't have any at this resort.
- Swim with dolphins at dolphin discovery Okay. Picked this company because I felt they were the most humane and responsible with how they treated their dolphins.
- Coba Maya Ruins Cultural trip. Highlight of my trip! Learned so much and had a great time. If you actually want to learn something (and not in a boring way) opt for the cultural trip, not the adventure.
- Xplore: Okay.. my husband liked it more than me although I am not a huge fan of caves with bats flying around and pooping on me....
- Tierra de Animales: Arranged through facebook. We are huge animal rescue supporters back home and we went to visit and help wash dogs for a few hours. Was very eye opening.Was another highlight and we were glad we went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Mexican hospitality in Park Royal Cancun, with a staff that strives to make your family smile. Infinitely delight yourself with a wide variety of dishes in our restaurants and snacks and refresh with cool drinks at the bars. When it comes to relaxation and rest, you will find the perfect spot in our comfortable rooms and suites, in the spa or in the beautiful beach. The young and the not-so-young will have a great time with the recreational activities program. ¡The children love the water play area! Take a picture next to the Yamil Lu’um ruins which you have access to from the hotel itself!; or take advantage of the resort’s unbeatable location and go shopping in La Isla Shopping Mall, only a few steps away! Live with Park Royal the vacations you have always dreamed of in the most important Mexican tourist destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Royal Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Park Royal Resort Cancun
- Park Royal Piramides Cancun