4,483 results
All reviews casa magna champions sports bar breakfast buffet caribbean suite ocean view hotel zone la isla sedona grill cancun resort swim up bar oceanfront room hotel is beautiful japanese restaurant large pool all inclusive package concierge desk plenty of chairs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great Hotel - But bring plenty cash card machines there don’t work too

This is a great hotel and I would have given 5 stars except that we had so much trouble with their card machines putting transactions through- this caused sufficient inconvenience to drop my rating down to a 3.

1. at checkin it took 3 attempts to get my card on file (2 rejects and on a differential machine finally it went through) - I told Barclaycard to expect that transaction on that date). It wasn’t barclaycard refusing it they said just the hotels card machines - I didn’t need that hassle after 12 hours travel.
2. I tried to book an excursion via a company based at the hotel. It took three tries to get my card to go through.
3. Tried to take out 5000 pesos (£210) cash from the atm in the hotel lobby to bailout my son who was having trouble with his own US debit card not being accepted (he needed some cash). The machine declined my request for 5000 pesos (about £210 - barely enough to go out to dinner with in Cancun - so not a lot). Note that the atm fee for doing this was about $45USD (£38) - very high. This was declined. But surprise surprise - when I asked for only 1000 pesos it went through straight away - but still the $45 Usd fee was still applied. What a ripoff! So for being able to extract about £40 (1000 pesos) cash from their atm I had to pay in total £87 including barclaycards fee of 2.5 %. Needless to say I have “queried this transaction” -what a scam (I can only imagine where that money is going.....) The Marriott should not be involved in this. Barclaycard have since confirmed that they were not blocking my card and I have since used it successfully now back in the UK - Marriott: you really need to get on top of this: your guests are being (at best) inconvenienced and (at worst) being scammed.

Right - now that we’ve got that out of the way: it was a great hotel: great staff; food; setting; DO try the jacuzzi; cleaning was very efficient- everything was great - just take plenty of cash and don’t rely on your cards (this shouldn’t be the case with a hotel like the Marriott).

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank JP975318642
MarriottCancun, quality manager at Marriott Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is essential for our continuous improvement therefore I sincerely appreciate the time you took to write a review regarding your recent stay.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, I have shared your feedback with our management team to ensure y look into this situation and prevent it from happening in the future.

Daniela Hernandez
Quality Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed here with two other ladies for a bachelorette party. We were somewhat apprehensive about traveling by ourselves, but felt completely safe and taken care of the entire time. The room was comfortable, although, the double rooms do have double beds and not queen sized bed in case that is important for you to know. Each day our room bar fridge and bottled waters were restocked, and we also had standard room and turn down service. All staff at the hotel were EXTREMELY kind and helpful. They truly made us feel like first rate guests.

A few staff members in particular who made our stay memorable were Manuel and Rony at the pool bars, Gabriel at the pool deck, and Eduardo at the breakfast bar. Speaking of which, the breakfast buffet was the perfect way to start off the day. It stays open until noon, which is fantastic if you are having late nights like we were. The spread is absolutely incredible- something there for everyone. We ate lunch poolside each day and found the selections to be adequete and convenient. The dinner restaurants were all delicious. Our favorite was the Italian restaurant at the JW Marriott next store (hotels are attached by a sky bridge).

There is a full fledged sports bar with the largest screen tv I've ever seen if you're traveling while your favorite team is playing. Free wifi across the property was steady and reliable. There was also the largest hot tub I have ever seen in my life, which was my personal favorite place to spend my time.

The beach did unfortunately have the seaweed that is plaguing Mexico and Florida, so we chose not to go swimming in the ocean, but it was still a beautiful view from the beach, pool, and balcony. The hotel was able to secure us a shuttle to and from the airport, as well as taxis to nearby clubs and attractions.

I have no complaints and would absolutely come back again. Thank you so much for making our trip wonderful!!

Room Tip: Ocean and pool view is the way to go. Ask for something on 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The team at the Marriott Cancun Resort (formerly Marriott Casa Magna) is very attentive and friendly (front desk, spa, housekeeping, concierge, restaurants). And the external / 3rd party tour operator there is very friendly and helpful too (very honest).

Also, the location is great. You can take any bus to La Isla to shop / eat (buses are safe and arrive very frequently) and you can take R2 to downtown to visit Market 28.

The beach and pools are clean and beautiful. And there are lots of food options in the hotel and the immediate vicinity. By the way, if you are going across the street to eat, check with the doorman if he has any coupons for free drinks, etc.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Marriott Cancun is beautiful with its doubble hight lobby and wide spaces which make you feel free in front of a precious white beach and light blue waters.
Several speciality restaurants are available with wonderful international flavors. The lobby bar at the heart of the hotel is under renovation but surely will be a major improvement.
Rooms are wide and quiet but now with a retro look which calls for an update, but still a good option. Staff is always happy and friendly.
Just outside the hotel, at walking distance, there are excellent dinning options.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
MarriottCancun, quality Manager at Marriott Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Raul M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, I will share your comments with our management team to ensure we take them into consideration and better your experience.

Daniela Hernandez
Quality Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2018

My wife and I just concluded a terrific10-day stay at the Marriott Cancun Resort. I had never been to Mexico before, even after having lived in AZ for 45 years. I could not have picked a better first hotel experience South of the Border. To an employee, everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - goes out of their way to be helpful and to make your stay as enjoyable as possible . We were greeted warmly by bellmen Alberto and Christopher upon our arrival, and were checked in by the always smiling Fernando. Fernando offered us a choice of rooms, as we were uncertain which to choose. The next day, when we realized we chose a room that, space-wise, was better suited for others, we were graciously accommodated by Karen Enriquez, manager of the property, who moved us to the perfect sixth-floor (there are only six floors) corner suite. She was delightful to deal with. Alejandro happily moved us to our new room, and we were off and running.

ALL of the restaurants for the Marriott properties were phenomenal. The breakfast buffet at the Argentinean steakhouse was and is unbelievable! Saul, one of our waiters, was incredibly pleasant, and made my wife a balloon animal at the end of our meal! Also, Gilberto was wonderful at another breakfast. Our evening servers were equally gracious and conversational.

Speaking of animals, our room attendant Bellali made us a new animal out of towels every day she made up the room ! from an alligator to a rabbit to a shrimp, it was always fun looking forward to what the next one would be!

When you are at the pool, as we were 8 of the 10 days, my friends Santos, Pablo, Victor, Enrique, and Iztel, among others are just great at what they do, and will take excellent care of you.

Right next to the hotel is Champions sports bar - and it is a gem. Be sure to say hello to Omar Lopez as well as Alan, both managers, and be sure to ask for Alan's special chocolate martini ! Both men went out of their way to take care of my wife and I, and we are very grateful. Also, a special thanks to my bartender friend Mario at Champions, who is going to get a Cardinals jersey, as well as a thank you to Kevin as well for the shot!!

Teppenyaki at Mikado next door is a must ! Both Jose our server and Jose the chef took great care of us the first time, and Javier our second nite was equally fun and delicious!

Be sure to see Edgar over at the Sedona Grill, and Alexandra and Francisco at the 750 for coffee each morning, they were so friendly and helpful each day.

I know I am leaving out the names of some very nice people at the resort who helped us along the way (sorry!), but you get the idea - these folks are top-notch, genuine people, who will help make your trip a memorable one. While I do not have anything to compare my one experience in Cancun to, I have to believe that you will be hard-pressed to find another resort in Cancun which creates a better, more relaxing and friendly atmosphere that the Marriott Cancun does. My wife and I cannot wait to go back and visit our new friends again as soon as we are able.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit this resort, enjoy these wonderful people and this fabulous resort, and have a vacation experience which rivals ours.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family