Marriott Cancun Resort
$236
$337
$330
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$352
$508
$405
4,299 results
All reviewscasa magnachampions sports barbreakfast buffetcaribbean suiteocean viewhotel zonebeautiful hotella islasedona grillswim up baroceanfront roomjapanese restaurantlarge poolall inclusive packageplenty of chairsbeautiful beachbeach area
A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed May 29, 2005

This place was absolutely amazing!!!!!! The rooms were beautiful and very clean. The service there was absolutely amazing. The maid service was excellent. They would leave you nice little notes daily. You can not get service like this in the US. I booked toors through the American Express counter in the hotel. We had David as our contact and he was great!!! I scheduled a dolphin trip and I missed it. He waited late for me to come back to the hotel so he could give me a refund. In the US, you have to track people down to get your money back, not in Cancun. The beach was amazing and so was the ocean. The hotel was located in the hotel zone and it was very easy to get anywhere you felt like going. It was also very economical. We charged drinks and food to our room and our bill for 4 days of room service was only $150 American. The people at the hotel and in Cancun in general were so warm and inviting. I absolutely loved it and plan on going back in the near future. This was the best vacation ever and the best hotel I ever stayed at. No worries here!!!!!

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2005

My girlfriends and I just got back from Cancun on May 26th. It was my 1st time in Cancun. And the Marriot's service is what made my experience worth while. I would definetly recommend Marriot Casa Magna to any one.

Service was awesome, not matter where you went to in the hotel. We only had dinner in La Capilla, but the food was excellent. Could have not asked for any thing better. We also had access to the JW Marriot and had breakfast at Salsa Cafe. The buffet was very well mixed for everyones taste.

I just have to say couldn't have made a better choice. Most definatly will return to Cancun and stay at the Marriot Casamagna.

7  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed May 26, 2005

Just returned from a short, but wonderful stay in Cancun. I did a lot of research/reading of reviews on tripadvisor.com and am so very glad I did - everything turned out perfect!

We (me and two young ladies who just graduated from hs the night before we left) stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna. The hotel was exceptional - definitely upscale and well maintained. We had an ocean view room right in the center of the hotel that had a large balcony that overlooked the pool area, grounds and ocean - spectacular to say the least! The entire hotel was immaculate and beautiful - the public areas, the grounds, the beach, and our room.

The multiple shades of blue water set against the sky, sun, and clean white sand made the beach a visual masterpiece. The ocean water was crystal clear and so refreshing. There were plenty of bright blue beach umbrellas and lounges for relaxing on the beach or around the pool area. Beach towels were provided at the cabana by the pool.

The Marriott Casa Magna is connected to the JW Marriott next door via a breezeway. We enjoyed the use of both spectacular pools. And if you are a spa person like me - the spa at the JW (not Casa Magna) was sensational – highly recommend at least one massage there!

We did a 3-hour snorkeling trip which was interesting - saw tons of fish, even a barracuda! Girls also parasailed - located right on the beach by the Casa Magna.

The food at the hotel was fine. We did venture out though and our favorites were the Crab House (located across the street) where we ate on the deck and watched the sun go down - wonderful! And the girls liked Jimmy Buffet's Margueriteville - laid back and fun!

Purchased Brant card which saved us food $$$ and also arranged private airport pickup and return with them prior to trip via their website. Also found his advice/tips about Cancun very useful. Highly recommend!

We rode the city bus rather than pay cab fares to markets and restaurants. It is so easy to use - stops on the main street in front of hotel and only costs 65 pesos (about 65 cents) per ride. You do have to let the driver know where you want stop when you get on - and I usually reminded him when I thought we were getting close.

This was my first trip to Cancun and it was a great experience for the three of us - a great time was had by all. I do plan to return with my husband sometime soon and will stay again at the Casa Magna. He likes to deep sea fish and I located a great fishing service a couple of blocks down from the hotel - that will make him happy, while I just r&r on the beach again!!!

18  Thank tickybend
Reviewed May 23, 2005

Just returned from a week in paradise. The hotel was WONDERFUL. My husband and I travel the world and were very pleased with the accommadations at the Casa Magna. I have been reviewing the comments from this site for the last 6 months and thought it was fitting to add a few things not mentioned.
The room was spacious even though comments made on this site indicated the rooms were small. The beds were comfortable.
We asked for a refrig for our room in order to stock beer, soda and water. This worked well. The added charge was $5 per night. We had an ocean view room that overlooked the resort to the south. It is well worth the added expense for an ocean view versus a garden view.
My husband was able to order a flower arrangement for our room and at very reasonable rate ($13). It was our anniversary.
The Brant card is a MUST. We saved over $200 in just 1 week. Almost all the Marriott restuarants honor the card.
Catch the bus on your first day to Walmart and stock up. By the way, Walmart had exceptional prices on everything including Tequilla to take home. The buses are very safe. We rode at all different times without a problem. The bus stop is right in front. We went to Walmart at 11:30 at night on the bus. Walmart is open 24 hours.
Market 28 had no real deals. Did better at the flea market on Hotel Zone.
Try the Blue Bayou at the Hyatt. It was not mentioned on this site before but is AAA and Foders recommandated. Best dinner we had. Of course it was on the Brandt card. Iguana Awana excellent also. Ate at JW Marriott Casa Salsa-great. Champios-great. The steak place at the hotel was okay. Food good. Service poor that night. Fargo was just okay. Walked to McDonalds one morning and nearly spent as much as breakfast at the hotel. With the Brandt card, the Marriott cost approximately $15 for 2 including coffee, juice, eggs, toast, hasbrowns, bacon, fruit and tip.
Book your excursion with Brandt also. We went to Tulum / Xel-Sha. I don't really like tours as a rule but this was ok. We did not use the all inclusive package at Xel-Sha and saved money.
It was suggested to try the Infinity pool at the JW. We walked over and did not like the pool. We were very comfortable at the Casa Magna pool with the swim up bar.
Tip your maid. It is well worth the added service you get.
Everyone at the hotel is so friendly and trying to go the extra mile. You can't go wrong staying here.

31  Thank yplr
Reviewed May 23, 2005

The hotel is beautiful and I was thankful for choosing it (thanks to those reviews prior). There is not too much more I can say that hasn't already been said. Not to focus on the negatives but I just wanted to point out two things that could make this hotel better.

1) The safe in the rooms are old fashoned. You need to get a key and a lock from the front desk and carry the key along with you...not much fun. The keypad locks where you pick your own combo are much nicer.

2) There is no refrigerator- well there is but it is full of all the stuff that they want to sell you at crazy prices. We had to buy a styrofoam cooler for our drinks.

Other than that, very nice.

10  Thank eroids