My family just returned from a trip to Cancun & Casa Magna Feb 1-8th. It was the most positive experience! We were travelling with a 6 month old & I have to say that everyone at the hotel was more than accomodating. The waitresses at Champtions restaurant even held our daughter while we ate lunch several of the days there. Everyone from the hospitality desk to the doormen, the cleaning staff, the waitors/waitresses, the people at check-in/out were so friendly!
1. If you want a good steak meal, go to La Capilla...very, very good
2. If you want a burger & fries or need an American meal fix, go to Champions (sports bar/restaurant)
3. La Dolce Vita, across the street, was a great place to go for Italian, also relatively cheap...go during sunset
4. Try La Isla, poolside restaurant for a satisfying lunch; chicken or beef burritos were tasty
5. We ate appetizer foods at the lounge bar one night & were not disappointed...less expensive, sitting on a couch, casual small meal (as a parent of an infant, this was probably one of our best dinner nights)
5. If you want a feel for the culture, but don't want to travel downtown, go to the outdoor flea market...prepare to bargain for what you want, lots of beautiful pottery, etc..
6. Take the bus...it was safe, cheap & fun. Get in & sit down fast!!
7. I never buy anything on the internet, but I did buy Boston Brandt's 2:1 entertainment card for $15 is more than worth it
8. For families with infants: We requested a crib for the room & got a Graco pack n play, perfect,no problems. Leave yours at home, but remember to request it when booking your room.
9. Go next door to use JW's infinity pool-don't bring Casa Magnas towels over
10. Swimming in the ocean was a bit rough...the waves are -relatively- big...stay close to shore if you're out of shape or not the best swimmer
11. Bring 50 $1 bills for tipping
All in all, we had a wonderful time & would stay at Casa Magna again because it really made the trip! The STAFF & beautiful location were the BEST! Being connected to the JW was great b/c it was twice the restaurants & pools. No need to pay the extra money to stay there...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Paradise at Marriott Cancun Resort. Powder soft sand and sparkling turquoise seas beckon travelers to the heart of the Mexican Caribbean and our 5-star resort in Cancun, Mexico. A legendary locale close to Kukulcan Plaza, Luxury Avenue, La Isla Shopping Village and Coco Bongo and perfectly matched with Marriott’s commitment to service satisfies adventurous souls seeking to explore ruins or searching for serenity in the shadows of an ancient empire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelPower so you can book your Marriott Cancun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Casamagna Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Marriott Cancun
- Cancun Marriott