“Simply gorgeous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Simply gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This resort had a family atmosphere from every one of the staff. From the moment I walked in I felt like I was welcomed and appreciated for the four days that I was there. The cleanliness of this resort made me feel like home. You will enjoy it...every moment.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dboyd41

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (910)
  • Hebrew first
Wateringbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I like the hotel, like the staff, like the food, like the view, all other facilities. But I am super disappointed to be awake at 3 am (9am home time) with nowhere to go and I cannot make a cup of tea in my room. I haven't seen a hotel of this class without a kettle in the room for a very long time. I have stays in a hotel down the strip from here of the same standard and they had a super duper nespresso machine. Please Marriott people, get one for your rooms quick!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the hotel for one night only. Taxi from airport costs around 250-300 pesos.

The hotel is well positioned on the hotel zone with a couple of good restaurants close by shop onsite and nice restaurants in the hotel itself.

The room was nice, spacious with an excellent view of the ocean.

The Internet was a little patchy, however during the day it worked quite well.

The Good status privileges were honoured fully, which was very nice of the hotel.

This is a standard good quality Marriott Resort and I would recommend staying there and will definitely be back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cancún
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was one of our best vocations. Everything was great.
It was very nice to have all the treats we had. The location was great. The parking was free. The food was great. The beach is privet and near the pool.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sugar Mtn, NC, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Nice property, all the amenities, on the beach, large pool, hot tub, cabanna's on the beach, service alwys with smiles, all the staff is helpful and friendly, Especially Sarahy Zapata the concierge who responded to my many emails before our trip to set things up perfectly!
What Ever you do, Do Not miss the breakfast extravaganza!!!! It's by far the largest and the best breakfast I have experienced. Fresh fruit, as expected, full hot bar, full cool bar, cereal, Mexican, European & Asian breakfast offereings. It's the whole downstairs of the La Capalla Argentina Steakhouse. We waiting until the last night to eat at Sasi Thai and it was also amazing under the thatch roofed open air setting with more amazing service and delicious food.
This hotel is not new, but very well maintained. We look forward to our next stay in this little paradise we found!

Room Tip: Bood early, all rooms have view of the water since it is horseshoe shaped, but if possible pay the e...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at this hotel, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble without their being intrusive. The resort was well laid out with access to the JW Marriott next door for additional restaurants and shops. There was a fire evacuation practice whilst we were at the hotel and from what we saw they took it very seriously by far more so than any I have seen at other hotels. We had breakfast everyday in the hotel (something we do not usually do) because it was included in our deal and were pleasantly surprised by the extensive buffet selection which was slightly tweaked on a daily basis. There were always plenty of towels for the beach and pool and a selection of world foods in the restaurants and on room service although not much if you are wanting a typical Mexican meal.

Room Tip: We had a garden view room, for an additional USD 20.00 per night we could have had an ocean view, we...
Draper, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We usually go to Cancun in late August, after everyone has left, so we wondered what kind of weather Sept., would have. No need to worry, it was better than any August trip we've had. It rained a bit one afternoon and the rest was beautiful.

We typically stay at the Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, an all-inclusive resort which runs about $400+ per night for an ocean front room. As a gold Marriott member this year, we thought we would try the Casamagna (plus we're building a house and thought we'd save some money). We had an ocean view room booked for $130 per night (not all-inclusive of course) and for another $39 per night upgraded to the Caribbean Suite on the 5th floor. What a fantastic room fronting the ocean and with a sitting room. It had three openings to the outdoors. Opening just one sliding glass door let in the crash of the waves.

I concur with other reviews that praise the staff here. They were fantastic, every one of them. As for the hotel, it didn't feel dated to me, but rather aging gracefully with lots of character, and well maintained. It was just my wife and I (early 50's) and they delivered a good sized fridge for us. A short walk across the street, as noted by others, are groceries and restaurants.

The beach is beautiful, of course, with lots of shaded areas to lay and read, especially during this time of year which is the off-season. I liked everything about this vacation, except for one thing, and this thing is no reflection on the hotel, and it is particular to my beach vacation preferences. I'm looking specifically for a deserted beach when I go (yea, I know). I want to read and nap in the shade with only the sound of the waves and a degree of isolation. I found that here, as opposed to the much more expensive and out of the way Valentin, that there is a day long stream of beach vendors. None of them were assertive...just the opposite, they swung in to your vicinity, spoke a few words and held up stuff, and kept moving...but it is constant... all day long. (my wife says that I'm the only person who would find this distracting, and she's probably right...I'm one of 'those' people) But, I found that after a few days, I could pinpoint that staying on a 'hotel zone' beach, with more people and vendors, that this small factor was preventing me from getting what I was used to getting at the Valentin. So, will I pay $400+ per night next year and go back to the Valentin...yea I will. But for the majority of people, like my wife, who are normal, I think you'd find this a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in 5016 which overlooked the JW Marriott pool next door, and fronted the ocean.
3 Thank David T