“Great Experience”

Marriott Cancun Resort
Ranked #14 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel by chance, after having to run away from our original hotel, Sea Adventure Resort which was terrible. We booked one day before our arrival. Rooms were great, food was great but a little pricey, pool was amazing. The beach in front of the hotel is beautiful.

We got to free sea turtles that night with the kids, which was a great experience for them.

The only issue we had was check in took a while as they were upgrading the system but nothing serious (about 25 minutes).

Breakfast was AMAZING!

The hotel is also close to shopping malls and restaurants. Will definitely go back. Great service.

Room Tip: Get a hotel room with a view to the sea on a higher floor, with a balcony. Fantastic.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank VictorMMTY
There are newer reviews for Marriott Cancun Resort

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Although not the most impressive hotel from the exterior, this is a lovely comfortable hotel inside. Spotlessly clean and great customer service. The price of food and drinks was reasonable and the cocktails were made nice and strong.

Particularly enjoyed the breakfast which was great quality and well presented.

Unfortunately I was only staying for one night!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank loungeseeker
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel is fabulous in addition to be a good value for your money. Get the ocean front room with the breakfast buffet included. You won't be sorry. I have been here at last six times and I plan to return twice next year. Be sure to visit Erika in the Champions Sports Bar she is the best waitress around.

Room Tip: Ocean front is a straight on view of the ocean.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is my first vacation in Mexico, let alone Cancun. I chose Marriott because I am a rewards member and the points help. I stayed a total of three nights at a price of $108.00 US per night. I received a free upgrade due to rewards status. This got me free WiFi in my room and hotel, 25% off everything and the price discount per night. The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They treated me like I was family or a king. They are very professional and polite. The hotel is very big, beautiful and right on the beach. There are a few restaurants imbedded with the hotel. The room is average size with a nice size balcony. There is a king size bed, love seat, coffee table, dresser, flat screen TV, alarm clock, mini wet bar, closet with safe and some free toiletries. The floor is made from a very beautiful marble tile. There is a sign behind the bathroom sink that reads the water they use "is filtered, purified and chlorinated". Since there is no complimentary bottled water, I drank from the sink and did not get sick. The shower is in the bathtub, is average size and has average water pressure. It takes a few minutes to get hot water since I am on the 6th floor. I went to the spa and had a 50 minute full body massage and it was your average relaxing massage. The female masseuse was very quiet and professional. I tried to strike up a conversation a few times, but she remained quiet. I am not sure if that is the hotel's protocol or if she is just shy. My back and leg muscles were looser when she was finished, which made me happy. I had hiked up Pacaya Volcano and Tikal in Guatemala the last two days and was really sore. I will more than likely stay at this hotel again on my next visit to Cancun. Oh yes, there will be a next time. This place is beautiful and the Mexican woman are gorgeous.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor overlooking the ocean and/or the pool. This will make for great ph...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Kyle L
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I recently stayed one night at the CasaMagna hotel on September 6, 2013. I was extremely impressed by the hotel accomodations, the service, and the pool/beach area. We were upgraded to a very nice balcony ocean view room and had a complimentary breakfast included. I will definitely recommend this location to others and will be coming back for future vacations.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Being an airline employee I have had many trips to Cancun but this was a first with the whole family and my teenage daughters. The hotel is an unassuming luxury hotel which you do not expect at first sight. The staff was very responsive, friendly and cordial. The breakfast buffet and also the late night availabilty for food/drinks at Champions was first rate. As with many hotels prices can be outragously high but a quick walk across the street and a few pesos later we had bought a styrofoam cooler to keep cold beverages in the room. You can also grab a local bus into downtown for only $8pesos to try local flavors or shopping. Pool and pool bar were very good but you do have to go down early and reserve your chairs and umbrella by the pool. Depending on the riptides the ocean beach may or may not be available. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean and above the third floor and away from the center are less noisy when events...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Noel A
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just returned from our 2nd vacation to cancun. Cancun is an awesome place to vacation. This year we stayed at the Marriott casaMagna. I will review this hotel in hopes it will help you decide whether or not to give it a try. We had an ocean view room which was fine the only downfall for us is it was on the 3rd floor. All 3rd floor rooms have plantings in a wall box on the balcolny which made it difficult for us to sit in the chairs and enjoy the view.(this is because we are short!) They did offer to upgrade us to an ocean front but the room they were offering us was also on the 3rd floor so we turned that offer down. The workers at the casamagna are all great. Very helpful!! You can use the resturants over at the J W marriott which is great if you go all inclusive. We choose not to do that because we like to go into town an try different resturants. We ate at Gustinos at JW and it was very good. Champions sportsbar very good and the argintina steakhouse, very good both of these are at the casamagna, Pricey but good. Now for the upkeep of the hotel.The hotel is old and in need of some repair. The lobby is beautiful,The beds are comfy The rugs in the rooms could use replacing or just removed would also be fine. The ceilings in the bathroom you can tell have been repaired i might add not very well.but all of that would not make me not want to stay there, after all you are not in your room very much.It would be very nice if they would find a way to put some of the amenities in the rooms that most of the other hotels include like a coffee maker, microwave, and a little refridgerator so you can go to the store for your own drinks and save any left over dinners that you colud not eat all of. Drinks and coffee at the little store in the hotel are very expensive. The 7-11 and OXXO across the street is still quite a little walk and especially in the heat, you are wore out after returning,I might also add that I had coffee withdrawals from not having coffee frist thing in the morning, had to wait for breakfast which i might add we did include that in with our room cost for the 10 days and that was great. Breakfast is a little pricey also about $50.00 for 2 people. The pool is in need of some repairs also, needs to be scrubed down and get all the green mold from the chaulking and tiles and also all around the top of the pool could use some new chaulking.The poolside chairs look like they have been replaced. I read that in alot of reviews that i read before choosing the casamagna. I will add that even though they have been replaced they are very uncomfortable they do not lay flat so when trying to lay on stomach it is not comfortable!!! Back to one thing that I left out about the room ,our room had a minibar and a snack tray but that is only yours if you purchase the items which will cost you a small fourtune if you choose to eat or drink anything from it.My own personal opinion is they need to remove that.To inticing.You can also send laundry out to be cleaned but that also is a small fourtune. I packed light for a 10 day stay thinking they had a laundry facility, Wrong they do not. It is cheaper to go to town by way of bus less than a dollar. on one occasion the bell boy took us to the bottom of the hill to catch the bus that was very nice of him to do that,Like I said the help bends over backward to help you out. In closing this review the main reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5 is no coffee maker no microwave and no mini fridge for our use you might say i was spoiled by the hotel we stayed in the last time they provided all of that. but all said I would stay here again the cost made it worth it.I would say give it a try you can always get something worse.

2  Thank sheryl m