“Old hotel in PERFECT condition” 5 of 5 bubbles

CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort
Ranked #15 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sammamish, Washington
“Old hotel in PERFECT condition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Perfect hotel to spend nights and have a great time in Cancun, maybe 2 or more days to spend in hotel and it beach, other days in Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum, Chichen-Itza, other places.

Hotel has a great buffet for breakfast, like other hotels in Cancun.
Not for all-inclusive, actually I do not recommend all-inclusive in Cancun.
My family and I feel very secure in the hotel and Cancun.

Room Tip: Ocean view.
3 Thank b922311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (912)
  • Hebrew first
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

CasaMagna is way better in person than in pictures! Great staff; welcoming and most of them are always willing to go the extra mile and with a very sincere smile!! we had quite a few people to thank although most of them were just amazing!! Just to name a few: Claudio, Lazaro, Leonardo, Luis, Jonathan (borrowed from JW) and most of the busboys in La Capilla. Consuelo our housekeeper, Emmy, and most of the peole in the front desk, Jorge with the Bell Boys, Antonio with Concierge, and I could go on and on!! (you get the idea...right?)
good value! I will go back again and again!!! (happy we got the breakfast option included, and if you have more than 2 ppl ... order a la carte or choose the healthy buffet option if you are a light eater or traveling on a budget) hope this was helpful!!! enjoy the beautiful Cancun!!!!

Room Tip: room with ocean view is worthy!! (even if is partial) choose room on 3rd floor since patio is bigger...
5 Thank helpingreviews
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was an amazing trip! I LOVE Mexico! My second trip to Mexico and I am absolutely blown away. The service here is above and beyond. I would love to go back anytime. The pool and beach are perfect. The rooms are very nice. I love the layout and ease of getting around the property. The food is awesome!!! My first trip to Mexico was nice but the food sucked. I was blown away! The Pool food and the Steak house were my favorites :) I hope to return again soon!

Room Tip: You can go wrong. I had a lagoon view and it was still amazing. We were on the 4th floor. Don't...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandrea R
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at Marriott for 4 nights. It was my second time staying in Cacun and I definitely liked the stay at Marriott better than my previous hotel. We stayed at the largest suite that was on the 3rd floor. AMAZING view of the ocean with great privacy. Everything was great except 2 things: 1. The wifi signal was Weak in my room. 2. The snack shop was ridiculously expensive. (I guess that's expected for resort.) Room service was nice. The drinks at the swim up bar was great. I doubt that I will go back to Cancun, but if I do, then I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SPark0607
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My boyfriend really wanted to stay at an all-inclusive, but I haven't had great experiences with them, and we landed in this place. It was a great hotel. We got a great view, pretty high up, and everything was clean and tidy as I would expect from the Marriott brand. The small shop downstairs was great for coffee, and the pool and volleyball courts were fun, and we found friends to play with. If you are looking for somewhere to stay that isn't an all-inclusive I'd highly recommend this gem!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RN2travel365
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Pro's -
- flexible pricing on the rooms (they give you an upgrade at check-in for $20/$30 per night)
- great breakfast
- clean rooms
- nice beach
- wifi-in lobby

Con's -
- expensive cocktails at the hotel
- the thai restaurant at the hotel isn't great.
- staff doesn't understand english that well
- no airport pick up service
- construction noise in rooms next to yours that are very irritating in the morning

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Paarth S
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

From the moment our shuttle van pulled up the long driveway of CasaMagna, the view of the resort from the front did not fail our expectations. The porters were very helpful most especially Jose to took our luggages and took care of them for us. The doors were pulled open to us and we were greeted with a very grand lobby of the resort, welcoming, warm feeling, nice temperature and not disappointing at all.

When it was time to go to our room, Jose showed us all the little shops that are along the huge hallway of the lobby. Our room was more than we had expected, it too was big, and spacious but yet very warm. The marble flooring throughout our room was a nice added touch. When you walk out to our balcony, you can see the nice blue ocean and white sand.

The pool area was very clean, the resort had a nice huge pool and a huge hot tub which can fit who knows how many people.

The restaurants were spectacular, our favourite was Sa Si, Thai restaurant.. we loved the buffet breakfast and my most favourite was the fried plantain.

All the hotel staff were top notch people, all could speak English well but we were always mistaken for Spanish speaking people.

We found Marriott CasaMagna Cancun Resort to be a nicer hotel than the J.W. Marriott which happens to be the hotel right next door to us and is considered "Luxury Hotel". Don't get us wrong, J.W.'s pool was much better but overall, in Cancun... CasaMagna was hands down the better hotel. CasaMagna is situated in the heart of the Hotel Zone and has an easy access to the downtown part of Cancun.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple