“Best tour we've ever been on”
Review of BlueRay

BlueRay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Blue Ray marina opened its doors in 1994, with 20 boats, when Jungle Tours were just starting! We were fortunate to be given permits at the Angel Reef and NOT Nizuc which by then was saturated. Even though we have a slightly longer ride, it’s well worth it!By then the boats were 2 seaters, one passenger behind the other. The engines at the time were Johnson 15 HP 2 stroke engines. Eventually, we opted to change all the boats to the side-by-side models which are much safer, stable and comfortable, now with 30 HP 4 stroke Honda ecological engines. We offer the traditional and famous Jungle Tour with a distinctive touch.Our staff will take care to make your trip a wonderful experience and especially given with professionalism and security that characterizes us.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Oak Park, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best tour we've ever been on”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I was a little nervous about doing this tour- but I am soooooo glad we did. It's a perfect partial day trip as it only last a few hours. We have a family of five (my husband, myself, and 8, 5 and 20 month old). We got the four person boat and it was perfect for our family as I was able to hold the 20 month old in my lap. Our tour guide Diego was absolutely amazing!!!!! He made it very clear on what we would be doing, where we would be going and how to drive the boat. He was so helpful getting us set up with the exact size flippers needed for snorkeling along with the perfect sized life jackets for the whole family. Once out to the reef, he really shined. He had a special floaty for our toddler, AND took her along with him so I could enjoy the snorkeling without tugging her along. I would 1000% do this tour again, with the same company and would pay EXTRA if it meant we could have Diego as our tour guide again!!!!

Visited January 2014
Eliseo R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at BlueRay, responded to this review, September 26, 2016
Tnks for your visit and review!

Moscow, Russia
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great, exiting, friendly and safe! That's the only chance to drive the speedboat by yourself. Just driving would be enough for me. And snorkeling was like a pleasant bonus.

Sao Paulo, SP
“Optimal Surprise”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This tour surprised me positively, as well as piloting the boat, still did snorkeling in a beautiful location.

Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“WOW”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I don't even know how to swim, and Diego, our guide, was super reassuring and confident that I'd had a great time. I did.

It's a long speed boat ride through the lagoon, which is HUGE and choppy. Don't get fooled by the calm waters. The ride is quite rough at times and the boat slams onto the water. It's all fun though, and simply beautiful. It's definitely a unique experience you don't want to miss, flying by in a boat like that on your own. The water turns blue from green when you head to the sea, and it is beyond words. It's the open sea, enough said.

I wasn't at all sure I could snorkel in that when the boats stopped and people started jumping out. All that water! and it's not calm or anything either. But as I said, Diego is calm and confident and luckily I didn't chicken out. Snorkeling ended up being the best part of my trip to Cancun. Go for it. The water, the colors, the fish, we even saw a sting ray. I didn't want it to end. This experience is a steal for the price you pay. DO IT!

Kerry
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“WOW”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

All that needs to be said is.......
- you get to drive a speed boat
- you get to see an amazing underwater world!
The boat journey is amazing.... Felt like I was part of Miami Vice. Stunning scenery and our guide Diego was so helpful. He got into the water with us and did his best to help us see everything. Got to see sharks, parrot fish, stunning coral and amazing shoals of fish.
Please do it as it can't be beat and Blue Ray Marina were a great company to use!
Na