“Thanks guys - Had a killer time.”

Gnarly's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: You and the ENTIRE FAMILY can learn to surf in Cancun, in ONE EASY LESSON! Whether you've never surfed before and have always dreamed of learning, or if you want to improve on your existing surfing skill set, the instructors at Gnarly's Surf School and the waves at the beaches in Cancun cater to surfers of ALL ages and experience! Cancun's beaches year-round beautiful blue waters have the best waves in the world for learning how to surf! Our classes and camps consist of a truly unique and personalized surf instruction, right here on Cancun's most beautiful beaches! Our professional surf photographers and experienced instructors are right there in the water with you, guiding you through every wave. The main focus of our sessions is surfing instruction and water-safety, while still having a blast! Gnarly's Surf School's VIP Packages are all-inclusive, including pick-up from the lobby of your hotel! All you have to bring is your positive attitude, and the sunscreen! We provide surfing lessons in different packages to accomodate individuals, couples, families, or other groups of the enlightened who want to learn this amazing art form. All surf lessons are custom; Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced, we will guide you through an amazing, safe, and life-changing adventure! Whether it's having the confidence to start surfing, or trying to attain a higher knowledge and skill-set to reach the next step in your surfing game, you will have exclusive surf instruction and an amazing experience on a beautiful beach in Cancun, and GUARANTEED TONS OF FUN!!!
Banner, Wyoming
“Thanks guys - Had a killer time.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Spent a few sessions learning the basics with Gnarly and Richie. They are fun guys, know their stuff, and want you to love it. I did and hope to be back for more. Time well spent. Thanks from Nate in Wyoming, USA.

Phoenix, Arizona
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“All ages and abilities can enjoy this attraction!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Uncle Gnarly picked our group up from our hotel, and from the beginning it was a memorable experience. My group ranged from mid-fifties to twenty one years old, and each of us had a great time.
You CAN and will get up on the board and ride a wave. The beach is perfect for beginners and ideal as there are no rocks, shallow water, and manageable waves.
They provide you with everything you need, and are super supportive in your learning and surfing growth. Be prepared to work hard though, it totally pays off.
Dave co-instructed our group, and I loved his positive attitude and attentiveness. Not to mention he's a good looking dude :)
Family had a blast, and would do it again. Since I planned the excursion, I received many thanks from the folks in my group for going "outside the box" and planning something unique.
Its a "must-do" in Cancun!

Dallas, Texas
“Surfing dream come true”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My daughter's been dreaming to learn to surf for years, so when we went to Cancun, that was high high on her list. Couldn't have been any happier with Gnarly's Surf School and Gnarly himself. Very laid back and accommodating. Gnarly took one look at my daughter and said she would be standing up in five minutes. Well, I didn't time hiim, but he got my daughter up on the first run. She had a blast and we came back to rent a board later in the week before we left. If you are headed to Cancun and someone in your family wants to surf. Catch the bus to KM 9.5 in the hotel zone right across the street from Senor Frogs and next to the Surfin Burrito (great burritos I've heard!) and Gnarly will teach you to surf. He is awesome!

Stockton, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great morning surfing with Gnarly and Richie”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My three girls, ages 16-12, and my husband all took a surf lesson over spring break. Despite this being the first time surfing for 3 of the 4, all 4 had a great experience and were riding the waves with Uncle Gnarly's excellent instruction. Gnarly and Richie were also lots of fun and gave us many great tips about our stay in the Yucatan. If we are ever back in Cancun we will be sure to take another lesson with Uncle Gnarly's Surf School.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank DanainJersey
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Surfing has always been on my bucket list so when I found Gnarly's on my search for "out of the box" things to do in Cancun, I was sold. Gnarly picked my boyfriend and I up at our resort and was right on time (even though we got him out of bed for a 10am lesson). After grabbing some water and getting suited up we were on our way to the beach. I liked the no nonsense approach to surfing. We spent less than 10 min on the beach before we were in the water giving it our all. I was starting to get brush burns on my elbows and Gnarly didn't even hesitate to take off his long sleeved surf shirt and give it to me, that just shows he's there trying to make your experience he best he can. Thanks again Gnarly & Dave for an unforgettable experience.

Visited May 2013