“Great time! Uncle Gnarly definately worth visiting!”
Review of Gnarly's Surf School - CLOSED

Gnarly's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: You and the ENTIRE FAMILY can learn to surf in Cancun, in ONE EASY LESSON! Whether you've never surfed before and have always dreamed of learning, or if you want to improve on your existing surfing skill set, the instructors at Gnarly's Surf School and the waves at the beaches in Cancun cater to surfers of ALL ages and experience! Cancun's beaches year-round beautiful blue waters have the best waves in the world for learning how to surf! Our classes and camps consist of a truly unique and personalized surf instruction, right here on Cancun's most beautiful beaches! Our professional surf photographers and experienced instructors are right there in the water with you, guiding you through every wave. The main focus of our sessions is surfing instruction and water-safety, while still having a blast! Gnarly's Surf School's VIP Packages are all-inclusive, including pick-up from the lobby of your hotel! All you have to bring is your positive attitude, and the sunscreen! We provide surfing lessons in different packages to accomodate individuals, couples, families, or other groups of the enlightened who want to learn this amazing art form. All surf lessons are custom; Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced, we will guide you through an amazing, safe, and life-changing adventure! Whether it's having the confidence to start surfing, or trying to attain a higher knowledge and skill-set to reach the next step in your surfing game, you will have exclusive surf instruction and an amazing experience on a beautiful beach in Cancun, and GUARANTEED TONS OF FUN!!!
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We brought the whole family to learn to surf. (5 of us) My older girls knew how already but the rest of us didn't. Uncle Gnarly was super fun and patient with all of us from my 11 year old son to me (46 year old Mom).With safety being highly stressed they showed all of us how to surf and have a blast doing it. One of our best days in Cancun! Thanks Uncle Gnarly and Ritchie for a great day!

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"video"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have taken several lessons from other surfing "pros" but they have all fallen short. After several frustrating, unsuccessful lessons in the states, I was fortunate enough to find Gnarly. The first day, second wave I was up and totally hooked on surfing. Gnarly gives you the tools necessary for you to succeed and makes learning the basics fun. The enthusiasm he and Richie share for their student's success is unmatched. With both of them cheering for you to succeed, the entire experience is positive and most importantly FUN! I went home with the tools and experience necessary for me to surf on my own, which was lacking from all my previous lessons. I became a member at a local resort so I can come surf with Gnarly at least twice a year. I cannot wait to go back- not to visit Cancun, but to surf with Gnarly! His hospitality is unreal- from picking you up at the hotel, the ceremonial shower in front of the burrito (you have to go to see what I am talking about :) and his advice on what parts of Cancun to visit is the best. Do not take surf lessons with anyone but Gnarly... and don't miss out on a chance to become a member of this fabulous family!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were 7 people from the age of 11 to 43 and we all had an amazing time! After our 2hrs lesson we all got up on the board many times and learnt about technique and water safety. Both instructors we're very encouraging and really fun. We highly recommend this for the whole family.

From Orangina, gnarly girl, papa smurf, and all the crazy canucks :-)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Gnarly was kind enough to work together with our instructor, Dave, from 360 surf school to provide the very best surf lessons for our family. It was refreshing to see competing schools working together to make our experience the best it could be! Gnarly was very thorough and patient with all of us and amazing in his work with our children (ages 7 and 9). You guys have one more family that will from now on be planning vacations around surfing! Thank you Gnarly for helping us all and for the totally awesome day! (Print those kitty shirts!)
Be sure to eat and enjoy a margarita after lessons at the surfin burrito! Best food of our entire week!

1  Thank tnboop
See more reviews
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Tarzan wanted to learn how to surf. Jane was hesitant and scared, but Gnarly and his wife convinced her it would be a lot of fun. The next day Tarzan was excited and happy, and Jane was still very reluctant about going on a surf board. Gnarly picked up Tarzan and Jane in his California plated worked-in Jeep and brought them to the beach. They received VIP service, and Gnarly's handsome assistant, Richy, handed them surfing garment and demonstrated what to do on the board. Gnarly and Richy were energetic, optimistic, and so very knowledgeable about surfing. Tarzan went from swinging on trees to surfing in the water in very little time! And Jane was a born natural!! They had a most wonderful and memorable time, and it is thanks to Gnarly and Richy's professionalism!

Tarzan can't wait to bring his 4 bambinos this week to learn how to surf and have this fun experience!

Thanks Gnarly it was sooooo worth it!

3  Thank RandJ2012