“Great Transportation Provider, Lousy Tour Provider”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cancun Cab

Cancun Cab
Ranked #19 of 121 Transportation in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Reliable Cancun Airport Transportation to Cancun HoteL Zone, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Tulum, Ferry dock at Puerto Juarez if going to Isla Mujeres and Ferry Dock at Playa del Carmen if going to Cozumel, Hourly & Charter Services, Tours and more
Tampa
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Great Transportation Provider, Lousy Tour Provider”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I used Cancun Cab for both airport transfers and a tour to Chichen Itza. The airport transfers were perfect. They went off without a hitch. I was met by a friendly agent, at the airport, who got me a cold water and whisked me into a private SUV for a trip to the Marriott Casa Magna. Pick-up from the hotel for a return trip to the airport was flawless.

BUT I also booked a tour to Chichen Itza through Cancun Cab. It was not as good as the cab service. I was sold a "Luxury" tour to the Mayan Ruins which really wasn't luxurious. The bus picked me up at my hotel at 7:15 am. It was 8:30 before the crew offered the continental breakfast they promised. First, we had to stop at 15 other hotels to pick up 50 other guests. I get that part, but I sure would have liked a cup of coffee that first hour. No luxury there.

Then the tour guide (who was very nice) advised the group the bathroom on board for the two and a half hour trip was really only for "number 1" and not "number 2." He didn't want the tourists' "Number 2" to stink up the bus. That sure didn't sound luxurious.

Once at Chichen Itza, I had a marvelous time. The tourist trap restaurant they took us to for lunch was pretty good as well.

However, were promised an open bar with unlimited beer, wine, tequila, on the three hour trip home. They ran out of beer 15 minutes into the trip. The guide admitted the owner was trying to save some money. Absolutely the opposite of luxury!

So while I would recommend Cancun Cab for airport transfers, I would strongly suggest you avoid the company for tours. They do not deliver what they promise. You have been warned!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank TVDad

Vancouver, Canada
“Going above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

If you are travelling to Cancun, Playa del Carmen or the Mayan Riviera and want to make sure that you start your vacation on a positive and worry-free note, do not hesitate to contract the transportation services that this amazing company provides. My family and I travelled to the Mayan Riviera last November to attend my brother's wedding. We were travelling from Canada with two children under 5. The trip itself to Cancun was not easy. We experienced delays with our planes and encountered a huge customs line up as soon as we got to the Cancun airport. We were tired and thirsty and a bit cranky I must say. Our driver however, was very sympathetic. He must have understood what we had gone through and so as soon as he finished putting our luggage in the trunk of his car (which by the way was SPOTLESS) he offered us ice-cold bottles of water, he turned on the air conditioning and tuned in to a relaxing radio station. He knew we were heading to the Mayan Riviera but was very accommodating when we asked him whether we could add a last minute request. A few days before departing, my husband was asked to wear a traditional ensemble of clothes for the wedding known as a Guayabera. A Guayabera is a cotton and linen shirt that very traditional of Mexican beach weddings. We looked for guayaberas online prior to our departure but couldn't find anything that we liked. When we told our driver about it, he recommended a few places in the downtown Cancun area and offered to take us there before dropping us at our hotel. He knew where the best stores were located and was unbelievably kind when he waited for my husband to try different styles at the store and choosing one of his liking. Who does that this day and age? He could have remained quiet when we told him about our ordeal, drop us at the hotel and return to the airport to service another client. Instead, he drove us around town, suggesting many reputable places and providing helpful advice. Our experience returning to the airport at the end of the trip was no different. We got yet another amazing driver who picked us up right on time in an equally spotless SUV and who was equally accommodating of our requests. The group of people running this company surely know what they are doing. I am giving them a 5 out of 5 rating and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a trip to this beautiful area.

Visited November 2013
kitchener, on
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Excellent service and rates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

All of our vacations have included a return transfer from the Cancun airport but they are public and always involve dropping off other vacationers at various resorts on the way to your destination....painful. The extra cost to avoid this is well worth the $$. Cancun Cab had the best rates out of 10 that I looked at and the service was top notch. No waiting.....had a sign with my name on it as soon as I walked out of the airport. No need to confirm pickup when the vacation was over either....they were there as promised at the end of the vacation. We also used them for a day excursion. Isla Mujeres would have been $120 per person if arranged through the on-site hotel options however by using Cancun Cab for transportation we were able to plan our own trip/timing for less than half of that with the ferry ride and a golf cart included. Consider this for any day trip that you may plan anywhere in Mexico.....you can always get a much better deal if you build your own day trips. Will definitely use this company again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank beezKitchener_On
Fargo, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience and so easy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

If you need to book a cab service, book through them. Everything was pain to deal with except the cab service. You will not regret booking with them trust me!!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Julie01soccer
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great company!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We travel to Playa del Carmen at least once a year and every time we use Cancun Cab. They are extremely reliable, always on time, clean vehicles and friendly drivers. I would highly recommend them.

Visited December 2013