“Nice beach location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice beach location”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great location on the beach and lovely pool area with a lovely restaurant. Rooms and bathrooms were good size. We went for a conference and the staff were very good considering they had a lot of people to deal with.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (977)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 29, 2014

A huge JW fan I am. And this property didn't let me down. Fantastic location, and just a short 50cent bus ride to lots of dining (but with great restaurants right across the street).
The beach - couldn't be better -just an annoying Conch horn blower no one could get rid of.
The hotel - great, upscale and phenomoninal service, especially the ever-patient and resourceful Concierge,Veronica. The room - good, minus the dated (take that any way you want) foot of the bed décor. The price - not bad, overall, especially on reward points.
Restaurants - very very good, but dramatically overpriced, along with convenience store.
Dive shop (why I went there in the first place) - Aquaworld, fantastic service (Fernando),...looking to dive a cenote with you my friend.
Will I be back? Absolutely. There really cant be much better than JW.

Room Tip: North side rooms have better ocean view, and o what a sunrise.....
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank chainleank
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

This is my second trip to Cancun I've stayed at the Marriott CasaMagna as well as the JW Marriott at the JW Marriott they offer club 91 $425 upgrade per person you have 5 servings a day breakfast was okay similar to what you would get in the US if you were on the cashiers level of a Marriott lunch was better dinner was from the different restaurants which was good but at $125 per day I don't think it's worth it Marriott should give these services today at Platinum members as they do in the US the rooms are nice standard hotel rooms service was okay would have expected better stop the beach walk bar area full service was slow considering that there were not a lot of people here during my stay would suggest looking at the Casa mega Marriott as well

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank nepa101
MarriottCancun, Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Guest nepahere,

Thank you so much for your comments posted on Trip Advisor and do thank you too for your feedback over the Club 91 which is been created to let our guest enjoy a great atmosphere on the top 14th floor with many choices from food and beverage to other services like transportation and discount on SPA’s services with free access to 2nd floor. I do appreciate your valuable suggest over the pool bar were we are making improvements.

Thank you once again and hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just returned from JW. Stayed with wife and 3 kids ( 19, 17 13). We've had the good fortune to stay at many islands in the Caribbean, but never made to Mexico. I have to say I was overwhelmed with the beauty of the land and the kindness of the people. I think I'm hooked.

Pros:

Service- Bar none the best service we've had in the Caribbean. Mexicans are very proud of Cancun and love watching others enjoy it (unlike Bahamians, or the worst, Puerto Ricans). Every waiter, bartender and housekeeper knew your name within a day. Always with a smile and a suggestion to make your stay better.

Thank you Freddy (piano bar), Kenny ( by the pool) Gaudiel, Jesus, Manuel and everyone else at the beach and pool who made us feel at home for a week.. REMEMBER- Treat people well and they will treat you well; real simple. ( The platinum member who couldn't get a pool chair makes me chuckle- try parting with some scratch and you'd get any chair you need).

Pool - Beautiful layout. They even have an adult only section ( which we had to leave because some Argentinian complained about my 13 yr old son who was only laying in a chair- no worries).

Beach - The best sand I ever felt. It was like flour. The Ocean was the most incredible combination of aqua colors I ever saw in my life. Crystal clear waters, awesome waves to enjoy. The best.

Food - Beachwalk was delicious and had a great menu; we enjoyed lunches looking at the ocean every day. We ate at Gustino the first night to celebrate wife's birthday; boy did they spoil her. We enjoyed Mikado at the Casa Magna next door, We went off site to Harry's and Casa Rolandi. Harry's was overpriced but good and fun. Casa was on the water and beautiful- loved it.

Cons- You kidding me? Is there anything left to discuss?

Place was absolutely wonderful. My wife lost her camera in a cab from hotel going to dinner the last nite. We called JW to report it. While we hoped they could locate it we didn't think we would find it. Sure enough when we got back home we had a message that they found it and would be shipping it to us. This is just a vignette of how wonderful these people were; losing your camera in mexico in a cab and getting it shipped back. Thank you Mr. Perez.

Room Tip: They are all ocean view rooms, so dont worry much about it.
4 Thank dbresq
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I can't say enough about this wonderful hotel. The interior and exterior of the hotel are very well maintained, clean and beautiful. The room are gorgeous and spacious. But I must say what makes this hotel is the wonderful, attentive and courteous staff from the door man to the beach/pool attendants and everyone in between. What made my family's stay exceptional was Chef Gonzalo Ruiz and the entire culinary staff. I have a child who has food allergies. Finding safe and delicious food options for her can make any vacation a bit nerve racking. However, we contacted the hotel prior to our visit and were informed that the Chef Gonzalo has extensive experience in the food allergy area. Upon our arrival to the hotel he greeted us and provided us with possible menu options for our daughter for the entire stay. All the options were tasty and my daughter enjoyed them all and we enjoyed the piece of mind of not having to worry about an adverse food reaction. Chef Gonzalo hand delivered most of her meals right to our table and made sure that the entire culinary staff was aware of my daughter's food allergies at all of the hotels wonderful restaurants. The Kids Club in adjacent Marriott CasaMagna did a wonderful job of entertaining my daughter to the point that she did not want to leave. I love this hotel and I look forward to visiting it soon again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the higher up you are the better the view of the ocean, pool or both.
Sharon
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Just got home from the JW. We had a great vacation and would highly recommend this resort. The property is magnificent and is basically a Ritz re branded. Rooms were spacious, grounds were elegant and immaculate. The staff was extremely friendly, professional, very pleasant and genuine. The gym and spa were equal to a fine Vegas hotel. The beach is terrific with deep soft white sand. The waves were strong enough to make it interesting yet safe. The pool was very nice and elegant with a very nice infinity pool and nice adult only area. Views from the rooms are all ocean front and exactly what you'd want. We slept every night with the balcony doors open to the sounds of the waves crashing!! Would go here again in a second!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank John Z
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear John Z:

Thanks so much for your warmest comments, I´m happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities and service where what you expected and deserve. Will be a pleasure to welcome you again in further trips to Cancún .
Warmest Regards
Manuel Magaña / Hotel Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This hotel was an excellent choice for staying in Cancun. Great rooms, views, and attentive staff. The pool staff was especially good, taking care of everything needed. Location is perfect- right in the middle of the beach with the Ritz 3 hotels away to the North. Hard Rock is right next door, but not a nuisance.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms in the main wing have a better view...And reserve your pool spot early! Also, bus...
Dear TomE99:
I´m happy you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for noticing BeachWalk Staff they work very hard and appreciate the recognition.
More than happy to host you again
Warmest Regards