“Great Family Vacation”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York, NY
“Great Family Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We recently returned from a great trip to the JWM. In the past we've stayed at the Ritz and enjoyed our stay, so, initially we were hesitant about testing out the JWM (Ritz was booked). This is our new hotel in Cancun, we had an incredible time and have already booked our return trip next year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank M&MSuss
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear M&MSuss:

Thanks so much for choosing JW Marriott this year, I´m glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time, More than happy to welcome you again in 2015! Thanks for your trust and loyalty.
Manuel Magana / Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this property for second time and it was just if not more enjoyable than before! The location is perfect ($12 cab to coco bongo and shopping), water is BEAUTIFUL BLUE but the biggest advantage of this resort are the PEOPLE! They are polite, courteous, hard working and go above and beyond making this a MUST EXPERIENCE resort. Magali at the front desk is amazing, Lorenzo at the pool bar is so fun n willing to please,Jorge at pool/beach was young and overly kind (even turned down a tip one day) and Juan at the spa gave me the massage of my life on the beach. He knew about health and healing as I have a bad back but didn't have to tell him.

Also check out the jet ski between the Hard Rock and JW. Ask for Raphel. He speaks English and safely took my daughter n her BFF on their first ride. We were all nervous as non swimmers but he made us secure. Try day pass for $40 @ Hard Rock next door if you want good fun, dancing, zumba etc. They are nowhere near as classy,nor friendly as the JW team but its lively (u will hear music from beach)but if u can tolerate a 2 hour tour and timeshare spill the $40 is soooo worth the all u can eat and drink all day at this resort.

Overall, Marriott hit the mark with this JW. I only do 4-5 stars hotels and this measures. Also as a well traveled single mom I took 2 teens and previously took my parents and we ALL were satisfied.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank She-Ma_Atl
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear She-Ma_Atl :
The location of the resort really allows you to access all areas, It´s nice to see you got the chance to do so! I´m glad that you enjoy your stay with us Thanks for your trust and loyalty and for noticing our staff, yes they work very hard and appreciate the recognition, I will let Magali, Jorge and lorenzo know about the wonderful comments you have made.
We will be more than happy to welcome you again
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

A very luxurious hotel. We visited in May of 2013 and had a wonderful time. Our room was spacious and had a very large bathroom. A sliding door opened up to a balcony and I really enjoyed relaxing their with a good book, listening to the waves. The pool area is large with plenty of places to lounge and a convenient restaurant. We had excellent service. The spa was beautiful and I had a great massage. I highly recommend staying at the JW Marriot in Cancun.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King, Ocean View room with balcony and it was excellent!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear mosspiglets:
I´m glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks so much for your warm comments, I´m happy that our facilities and service where what you expected. Hope we can welcome you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

We returned refreshed as a family from a fun filled Cancun holiday.

I have stayed in my fair share of Marriott properties but this one takes the cake and ranks as one of the best Marriott properties I have stayed in...

Large family friendly pool with kiddie pool (wading access)....overlooks pristine golden sand and fantastic waves and water.... plenty of deck chairs in the beach but one major caveat get a jump early to plonk your towels in the morning so that you can park yourself in a prime pool spot...

And now the highlight -- Club 191 access. This is their Club which is on the 14th floor and provides you 5 meals a day including Afternoon tea (:) -- Open bar in the evenings + samplers from the 8 restaurants that are onsite and at the adjoining Marriott. The concierge there allows you to do early check and provides incredible service -- Thanks Adrianna and Rosanna for looking after our travel and food needs. My family is vegetarian and we had the chefs even prepare a couple of veggie meals for my family. And finally the deserts....Completely sublime....decadent creations...and was the highlight of every meal.....Club 191 is the way to go....This is not cookie cutter all inclusive mush....its high quality food that you would spend premium prices for anywhere

All rooms with Club 191 access have ocean views as part of the package. Finally the Club can also arrange for to and fro access to the airport so thats savings of an additional $100 or so...

I am a big go out and explore kind of guy -- but with young kids it is a bit wasted. We still did our share of flea market (Market 28) shopping and ate at 2 restaurants (Thai) and (La Parrilla) in downtown Cancun. My sincere advice -- if you have young kids...Avoid all that, stay on the property, eat at the Club and shop at the airport on the way back....You are completely covered...

We wanted to go scuba and snorkeling but the waves were very high so my only counsel -- if you are inclined to do that.....do it right away rather than waiting for a convenient day....

All in all -- in 20 years of traveling around the world -- I have been to Cancun twice. I would definitely consider going to Cancun sooner than later and would definitely like to stay at the JW the next time around...

Great time was had by all and we will see you again in a couple of years :)

Room Tip: Choose the Club 191 access. This is a bit of a price premium but pays for itself many times over wit...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shri_Ranganathan
Dear Shri_Ranganathan:
We appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience, I´m glad that you chose JW Marriott for your family vacations and that you enjoy your stay with us, Thanks for Highlighting our Club 91 designed specifically to offer a more personalized service, I will let Adriana and Rosanna know about the wonderful comments that you have made on this review.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon
Warmest Regards
Baden, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have to preface this review by saying that I am not one for big resort properties, no matter how luxurious they are. I stayed here simply because I needed somewhere to base my trips out of.

That said everything was good here: Excellent service at front-desk, friendly staff in the various restaurants, great housekeeping staff. My suite facing the ocean was lovely, spotless, and very comfy.

The food overall however was average and rather pricey (in comparison to some of the restaurants in Cancun, where the food is better).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 1337Mel
Dear 1337 Mel :
I´m glad that your experience in our resort was positive, and that the facilities and service was what you deserve and expected.
Hope we can welcome you in future trips to Cancun
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have been at this resort three times, and it is lovely. Great beach, excellent adult pool area with an exclusive bar. The suites and guest rooms are great. The staff is nice, very kindly and always do the extra mile. The buffet breakfast is awesome!!!!
Every time I went there I had the perfect time for relax, enjoy the sun, beach and have good drinks!!!!

Room Tip: Best rooms and suites are ocean view oriented. The sound isolation from the outside is great!.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Federico A
Dear Federico A:
Thank you for your loyalty and trust in these 3 years, I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your time in our resort and you had time to relax, enjoy the sun and have great drinks!!!
Thanks for noticing our staff, they work really hard and appreciate the recognition
We are looking forward to your next trip to our Cancun Resort
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I don't know what to tell you. I was at this property for work/fun. The beach was arguably the nicest I've ever experienced (been all over the Caribbean). Food was top notch, service was great. Staff was super helpful and went out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Area is plenty safe (you can walk around if you want to venture off the property for dinner, drinks, etc). Go to Harry's and Crab House!!!! Staff will go out of their way to make sure you feel comfortable at all times! Top notch!!

Room Tip: Buy drinks off property and bring a cooler with you. Will save you a TON of $. Housekeeping will eve...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mic R
Dear Mic R :
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience. We treasure your comments and insight.