My wife and I just spent a 4-night getaway at the JW Marriott in Cancun and we had an absolute blast! It wasn't perfect, but it generally met all of our expectations. It's a beautiful resort inside and out. The exterior grounds are essentially one giant swimming pool with lounge chairs lining the whole thing. Our room had a nice view of the ocean (we were not on the Hard Rock Hotel side, following another Trip Advisor suggestion), had a very comfortable king-size bed and a nice bathroom. The staff was extremely friendly and was very accommodating; poolside, they made quite sure we always had drinks in our hands if we needed them! The atmosphere there is very relaxed, which is exactly what we needed. The breakfast buffet was great, and lunch from the Beachwalk was always great, too. Dinner at the Sedona Grill was good, but maybe a bit underwhelming.
If I have any complaints, they're somewhat minor. Everything there is a bit expensive. I don't have enough resort experience to say whether or not it was all overpriced, but food and drink definitely were not cheap. Also, we had one experience with the concierge where we felt like she missed an opportunity to give a couple of Cancun novices some good advice. We had a dinner reservation at La Habichuela (which was awesome) and the restaurant is outside the Hotel Zone in downtown Cancun. A friend had told us not to worry about riding the bus while in Cancun, so we planned on riding the bus to downtown Cancun, do a little shopping and then have dinner. This is where the concierge could have stepped up to be helpful. For starters, she could have told us that downtown Cancun is a dump and that there is no shopping there. Also, she could have told us that a cab directly to the restaurant was advisable. That's what the two nice Mexican gentlemen on the bus told us anyway. The bus was a bit sketchy, and the neighborhood surrounding our restaurant was even sketchier. It all worked out fine, but we certainly felt like the resort concierge could have given us better advice there.
Overall, we had an amazing time and this resort was exactly what we needed: comfortable room, friendly staff and great food. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott