We stayed here for NYE and while we went in with shaky expectations, overall we were impressed. From the moment you arrive at check in to service throughout the resort, excellent staff and it felt like they really wanted you to enjoy your stay. Our housekeeping was top notch, including evening turn down service - we always tip housekeeping in the USA and in Cancun, we even got thank you notes back from housekeeping for our tips. We got in late on the 28th so ended up eating at the hotel bar, great call -- live singer with piano was fun for our kids (7 & 9), food was tasty for bar food, try the sliders for sure. Our only complaint and it's not really the hotel's fault though they should implement a policy is the time old "hog the chairs with towel" game. This starts at 6:00am apparently for the pool chairs and the ones on the beach. This is just rude guests for sure who spread out across 5 chairs and are no where to be seen throughout the day... other pools have a 1 hour policy - if you don't come back w/in the hour, tough amigo. Go find another spot and let a family who is there NOW use the chairs. We stayed at the JW Ko'Olina last Christmas and that didn't disappoint either. Cancun has beautiful beaches, the pools are warm here at the JW, and pool staff very friendly. ok, 1 more complaint - the gift shop was handy for last minute items but don't nickel and dime us for an empty cup. Prices are a little above normal resort prices but they figured they have you. We went off site for bottled water and sun tan lotion -- rip off for the lotion but get your water off property if you can. We had NYE's dinner with friends at Sedona Grill and it was a perfect buffet. Rack of lamb, carving stations for turkey, ham, beef wellington, good desert selections, fresh vegetables...limited wine selection and again, mark up was insane but hey, you're at a resort. overall, great time. Would definitely come back with the family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room at our hotel in Cancun, Mexico. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott