I took my 2 teenage sons here during springbreak as my husband had business conflicts and could not take the time off. I had never been to Cancun so I wanted a good safe option but I wanted to be pampered, while my boys could be off on there own on the property. We opted to upgrade our room to an ocean front suite. It was huge, with a small kitchen and table with chairs, as well as a little living room and separate king beedroom. On first blush, the room was amazing. But the longer we stayed there the place was very worn down and needed to be seriously updated. The carpet looked dirty, the couch swalled in the middle and the balconies had peeling paint and chipping plaster. The service was spotty as well. The pool area is beaustiful as is the beach, but there is very little attention payed to guests by the pool staff and the beach staff were no better. Once again, I had to be the caretaker of everything from getting the towels, pulling chairs together, searching for the waiter, on top of carrying the families supplies. This is not what I expected from a "5 star" hotel. The property is gorgeous, with crystal clear water and powdery sand beaches. The natural setting is perfect. It is right next door to a Sheraton, which is nice as it increases your options within the contained hotel properties. I just think with a little hospitality therapy with the staff and hiring some extra maintenance people to take care of the wear and tear of the rooms, it could be a 5 star property, but not yet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott