We stayed at this hotel for a week, and found the service, amenities, and facilities to be superb. . The decor of the halls, rooms, and lobby are very warm and inviting. We stayed in the double guest room with an ocean view (not beachfront) with a private balcony, all very spacey and sufficient for a medium sized family. The bathroom was equally big, and had a glass shower that was separate from the bathtub, which was awesome. I found the beds to be very comfy.
What was really wonderful was the hotel pool. The Infinity Pool offers stunning views of the ocean, and the atmosphere is so serene and quiet. There are also soothing jacuzzis and an adults only area with a wet bar. You can rent a floating mattress for 100 pesos-it's really relaxing to lay on the mat and float around the pool. Also, you can order from one of the hotel's restaurants, Beachwalk, and eat poolside. We really enjoyed the hotel pool and jacuzzis-you can spend a whole day there,just lounging by the pool. (There also is a spa on the fourth floor, and indoor pool that is adults only. We did not try the spa.)
The restaurants in the hotel are lovely, with sublime service. There are also more options next door in CasaMagna Marriott, since the two hotels are connected. The breakfast buffet in Sedona Grill offered a variety of breakfast and brunch foods of all cuisines, especially Mexican food, such as tamales, chimichangas, refried beans, and fried plaintains. Eggs and omelets are cooked to order.
Service at JW was wonderful. Everyone working there was very hospitable, understanding, and helpful. They have turndown service every evening, which was quite a plesant surprise. We were really pleased with the service at the hotel.
If you are going to Cancun, I really recommend you staying at this beautiful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott