The JW Marriott Cancun resort & Spa bills itself as a 5 star resort - and it really is, with just a few shortcomings that are barely worth mentioning.
We recently booked a Junior Suite that connected to an ocean view double room, so that my wife & I could vacation with out 2 teenage daughters & my mother-in-law. The rooms were really great - marble bathrooms w/double sinks, great beds, nice balconies, large flat screens, the suite had a 2 head shower and a great seating area, etc. But, let's just say that the tubs were not 5 star caliber, and the pull out couch in the suite was not suitable for sitting - and definitely not for sleeping. These little things did not bother us at all, but they were noticed.
The lobby & restaurants were all very good, as were those at the adjoining Marriott Casa Magna resort. The concierge was extremely helpful on many occasions, as were the bellmen, and the front desk had a great exchange rate for getting Pesos. We also particularly liked the convenience store, which had anything that you might want or need, from 6am until 10pm. The Ritz Carlton didn't have a store like this, and it swayed our decision to stay at the JW, (sometimes, you just don't want a big breakfast or lunch - or a minibar priced bottle of water)
Of course, most of our time at the JW was spent at the pool. The pool is absolutely wonderful! I worked out at 6am every morning in the best hotel gym that I have ever seen. And when I was finished, I went to the pool to reserve our 5 spots. By 7am, many spots were already reserved, but we managed to get a great spot every day. Queni the pool guy was always helpful. The pool itself was very clean, and the waiters were polite & efficient - without being on top of you all day long. The food & drinks by the pool were perfect.
Overall, I'd give the staff of the JW Marriott 5+ stars, the facility itself 5 stars, and attention to detail about 4 stars. If you are worried about price, its probably not a great idea to go to Cancun at all, because it is a tourist zone and every product & service gets their high price. But if you are comfortable about that going into the situation, Cancun is a wonderful place to vacation with the family, as a couple, or by yourself! And, it can works for many different budgets. My family would definitely return to the JW Marriott again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room at our hotel in Cancun, Mexico. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Splitty, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott