This hotel is very traditional and does not have a lot of personality. The "outstanding/aboave agerage" items are the pool area and the service. Personally I like the Casa Magna next door better because of its Hacienda style/theme. The pool areas are somewhat comparable. So is the beach.
There is definitely a big effort going on mostly in the lobby area to show upscale service. Outside that area I have a hard time noticing the difference. That does include the pool area. The fact that you have 10 guys idling all the time does not make it a better service. And why is there not a single female attendant anywhere in that area ? Room service is very good...but I am not too heavy on room service anyway. I tried the Sedona restaurant and was not impressed with the quality or value. The place is expensive -- that does include the gift shop. They have a club 91 all inclusive going.on..it did not make much sense to me and I did not sign up. Who want to go to the top floor for food and drinks ? bottom line..it feels more like an "executive" business type hotel than a fun and relaxing vacation resort to spend time with the family...to make it a fun place...they need to go next door to the Hard Rock Hotel...bottom-line they need to decide if they wanna be a cosmopolitan fun place or be geared towards their more conservative business clientel .One last thing..they have a few free things for Reward customers...amazing how backward that is implemented..every time you fill a coffee in the morning in the gift shop they create all kind of paperwork and write it off in their cash register/computer. so a free coffee - standard in all US Marriotts ( same for WIFI ) - suddenly becomes a transaction and bigger deal...the WIFI is 15 bucks per day , if you are not Platinum ( or gold ? )...how backwards is that?...5 bucks for 10 minutes in the business office..10 cents per printout...time travel to the nineties for free...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott