We stayed at the JW Marriott Cancun from May 13-17. We had the Ocean View guest room and my in-laws had the JW Luxury Suite.
Upon arrival, the bellhop efficiently handled our bags, ready to deliver to our rooms. Check in was quick and easy. Ms. Magali helped us sort out our Marriott Rewards account as well as provided excellent customer service and answered our questions with regards to hotel facilities, etc.
She also noticed that my birthday had come up on the second day of our stay and myself, my wife along with our 2 year old child were pleasantly surprised to discover a handful of balloons and streamers decorating our room. I also received a special treat at Sasi Thai on my birthday which made the day a little more special.
I'd also like to mention the courtesy and helpfulness exhibited by all their employees from the wait staff to the front desk people and the cleaning service. They made us feel very welcome and well taken care of as soon as we arrived all the way until we left.
The three infinity pools were fantastic. They interconnect across the front of the property. We never made it to the adults-only pool since we had our little boy with us. There's a fourth pool near Beachwalk that's not connected to the other three as well as a kiddie pool.
There were 2 jacuzzis and unfortunately the reviews were spot on. They are best described as "warm". We didn't mind as the weather was perfect even at night.
The Beachwalk restaurant was open when we first arrived but closed on Tuesday for renovation but it took no time at all to order our food and we didn't have to wait too long before they brought it out to us.
Breakfast at Sedona Grill was superb with a lot of variety to suit any appetite. I would recommend that you add it to your room package.
Sasi Thai is a must-visit. Amazing food and great service. We ate at Champions when we first arrived at the hotel and they serve standard fare (American) for the less adventurous eaters.
La Cappilla Argentina Steakhouse is another must-visit. They have superb steaks and amazing service.
Gustinos, Beachwalk and Sedona Grill are located on the JW Marriott side, the other restaurants, La Cappilla, Mikado, Champions and Sasi Thai are on the Casa Magna side.
The hotel grounds were clean and all areas of the hotel, room, hallways, pool, beach were also immaculate.
We were pleasantly surprised to see other families with children so I guess this classifies as a kid-friendly hotel. There weren't a lot of guests during our stay. The front desk said that this is their off season. I would certainly recommend staying around this time since you can choose any spot on the pools or the beach without having to "reserve" a spot. The wait staff at the restaurants are also more attentive since there's less of a crowd.
Certainly consider tipping the wait staff for exceptional service. Tips are welcome but you don't get the feeling that you need to tip to get good customer service. We also tipped the cleaning service daily.
Overall it was a great stay and we're definitely looking forward to coming back next year!
Note: We used USA Transfers for our transportation (see separate review regarding that service). We highly recommend them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott