The hotel is wonderful! I have a tradition of ending my backpacking trips with a 2 night stay in a really nice hotel as a vacation from my vacation before heading back home.
The 4 o'clock check in is really unfortunate, however many other hotels have that rule and are pretty accommodating for those arriving early. J.W. Marriott isnt. I must say, they definitely checked for us, but they simply need to hire more staff if they can't get rooms for people until 4 p.m. They would tell me to come back in an hour, every hour which was quite irritating. Inevitably after returning several times to the hotel check in counter as requested over the course of 5 hours, they finally had a room available at 4PM.
The room I stayed in was magnificent. It had a beautiful view of the Caribbean Sea, a stunning bathroom (with a bathtub and a separate shower), very comfortable bed, clean rooms, etc. The prices for food are quite affordable relative to a five star hotel in the U.S. The staff was very nice, helpful and professional. Most of all the food at Gustino's (a 4 diamond restaurant) is wonderful!
The hotel is a family resort which meant we were able to avoid the Spring Break debauchery in the all-inclusives. Any hotel you get in the Hotel Zone means you're likely a bit out of the way of Cancun City. Fortunately there are frequent busses (once every few minutes) that you can flag outside the hotel for only 17 pesos a person will take you very quickly to the city 24 hours a day.
Overall J.W. Marriott was a wonderful experience and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott