This was our second January visit and we were really pleased both times.
The biggest standout for us was the employees. They smile and greet you in a very genuine way. We feel there is a very friendly, welcoming, service oriented vibe you get from the employees. One morning we were going out for a walk and I was eating a banana in the lobby while I waited for my husband to ask a question at the front desk. As soon as I finished, a manager quickly came to take it from me and dispose of it. Attention to detail is very obvious at this property. Employees are everywhere cleaning, painting, scrubbing, etc..
Two differences I noticed from our trip a year ago. The first is that the pool is heated to a higher temperature. It was great! We were able to go in the pool after dark and still feel very comfortable. The second is that there is now a Hard Rock Hotel to the north of the JW. It's definitely a different crowd and vibe than at the JW. Strobe lights at night, Barney music from a children's activity and "Achy Breaky Heart" being sung live in a Spanish accent. We couldn't hear it if we closed our balcony door, but it definitely detracts from the peaceful vibe at the Marriott. Ask for a south facing room if this sounds unappealing to you.
We opted for Club 91. For us it was a great value. If you want to get out and try lots of restaurants, are a picky eater, or enjoy huge portions it's probably not for you.
Don't come here looking for lots of kids' activities. There definitely are children here, but they are entertained by their parents rather than organized kid activities.
Definitely try Savio's Bistro by La Dolce Vita across the street from the Casa Magna. We were able to make reservations on OpenTable.com and had some great seafood. The place looks like nothing from the outside but it has a beautiful outdoor, lagoon view, dining area with super food and service.
Drinks are expensive as they are at most resorts. At the pool bar we paid about $26 for two specialty drinks. Use caution.
Pool area and beach are both fabulous. Don't miss the beautiful indoor pool as well. Don't be afraid to use the bus either. It's $1 or even less if you use pesos. There are more tourists on the bus than locals and the drivers are friendly.
We'll be back. This property is wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelPower, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott