“The best tour ever experienced”
Review of Make Your Own Tour

Make Your Own Tour
Ranked #22 of 325 Tours in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: In Make Your Own Tour we help you plan your vacation to the fullest in the Yucatan peninsula, with different activities such as archeological sites, natural wells, reservoirs, bays, eco-parks, etc. Our experience as tourist guides, lets us know what is best for you and your family. Also we do Private tours to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam. Tour privato in italiano. Visite privee en francais. Privat-Tour in Deutsch. We can help you in different languages, just ask us for your language. Private tours in Cancun Private tours in Playa del Carmen Private tours in Tulum Visite privee a Cancun Tour privato in cancun
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best tour ever experienced”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was looking for a good tour in Cancun, but the other company's did not meet my expectations. Luckily, I stumbled upon Nefi's private tour. He is the owner, and operates the tour himself. I went on the Chichen Itza tour and the Tulum tour. He was very knowledgeable to the history and archaeological site. When we would go back to the car after walking in the hot sun, Nefi would always have a bottle of cold water waiting for us. Nefi always made sure that we had the most comfortable and enjoyable experience while on his tour. One of the most kind and considerate person I've ever met! I strongly recommend this company to anyone and everyone who is looking to learn and explore the beauty and history of Cancun.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ParadiseTraveler808

Draper, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect family activities”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family just returned from a trip to Cancun, Mexico. It was our first time visiting Cancun and we were all really excited. We booked Nefi for a tour of Chichen Itza and Tulum at the beginning of our week stay in Cancun. He was an excellent guide and was very knowledgeable about the sites. We had our 17, 13, and 10 year old children with us and he did an excellent job of making the tour interesting for all ages. His english was very good, which made the ability to understand all of the history and information so helpful. He was on time and was priced very reasonably. We were able to avoid the big crowds by getting to the sites early. As we were driving home from the Mayan sites we found out that he also organized private tours that we could design for our interests and take in some of the less "touristy" sites in Cancun. We were able to schedule another day later in the week where he took us to some incredible snorkeling sites, sea turtle sites, cenotes, zip lines and canoeing. The price of the tours each day included transportation, tickets to all of the sites, and lunch. It was so worth the knowledge, convenience and adventure that we were able to have without the worry of travel and finding some of the more remote places by ourselves. We will definitely use Nefi again!! We highly recommend his services.

Happy Family

Visited April 2013
2 Thank 40HeatherS40
Ralpha20, Propietario at Make Your Own Tour, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Wow dear family!. Thanks a lot for let me be your tour guide in the archaeological sites, for be your guide in the snorkel and in the fun, this is what I like to do, and all time trying to do my best for my customers. I'll be waiting here in CANCUN for you next time. My best wishes for you.
Salt Lake City
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nefi was great.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We took a private tour with Nefi and it was well worth the cost. Went to Chichen Itza, shopped around in a local town, swam in an off the road underground cenote that was amazing. I wanted to show my wife what a "panaderia" was like so he let us look around town while he went in search of one - unfortunately he never found one, but this illustrates the flexibility he provides for you on a private tour. We weren't sure initially that a private tour with him was worth the modest price, but after the fact, I can say without a doubt it was worth every penny. The only negative, which I don't necessarily attribute to Nefi, was the fact that we got some bad food at the lunch from a older hotel buffet in the town of Piste just outside of Chichen Itza and that night was spent competing for the bathroom. He was very flexible and personable. Enjoyed his knowledge of architecture/anthropology of the area, etc. He grew up in Cancun and has continued the family business of giving guided tours. You will not be disappointed. We were there in February and stayed at the Dreams Riviera and he picked us up from the hotel and dropped us off at the end of the day right there. No bus to wait for other people or having to go buy other hotels to pick up more people. Will use him again next time we want to go to Tulum, etc.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank TCandfam
Thanks for choice me for make your tour. And I want to say apologize because you get sick for the food, I'm very surprise because is the first time some body of my customers get sick for the food of the restaurant of Chichen Itza I'm working about this. If there is something where I work too hard is about your security and enjoy all time your tours with me. Please feel sure I'll do my best, and this review help me to know to keep a excellent tour.
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An excellent tour of Tulum”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nefi knows his stuff. We weren't sure what to expect from this tour, to be honest. When our driver dropped us off at the entrance, we met up with Nefi, who took us on the tour for a modest price. As I said, he knew his stuff, put the history in context, showed us the cool stuff, and had a sense of humor, too. I strongly recommend him for any Mayan tour.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank TonyaE752
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make your Own Tour Rock”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was my First Visit to Cancun , mexico, and i wanted to have a Private Tour for me and my wife.
I shop around different private tour, but Nefi was the Cheapest.!!!
we had a Small problem day before my trip, but everything was solve.
Nefi was on Time, very knowledge on the tour he was giving. Since it was private Tour, we beat all other tour bus on the site , we left when every one was coming in to the Chichen itza.
Everything was perfect. Money well spend.

Thank you Nafi, and i'll referral all my friends who is going to cancun.

Thank you.