“Make your Own Tour Rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Make Your Own Tour

Make Your Own Tour
Ranked #27 of 317 Tours in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: In Make Your Own Tour we help you plan your vacation to the fullest in the Yucatan peninsula, with different activities such as archeological sites, natural wells, reservoirs, bays, eco-parks, etc. Our experience as tourist guides, lets us know what is best for you and your family. Also we do Private tours to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam. Tour privato in italiano. Visite privee en francais. Privat-Tour in Deutsch. We can help you in different languages, just ask us for your language. Private tours in Cancun Private tours in Playa del Carmen Private tours in Tulum Visite privee a Cancun Tour privato in cancun
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make your Own Tour Rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was my First Visit to Cancun , mexico, and i wanted to have a Private Tour for me and my wife.
I shop around different private tour, but Nefi was the Cheapest.!!!
we had a Small problem day before my trip, but everything was solve.
Nefi was on Time, very knowledge on the tour he was giving. Since it was private Tour, we beat all other tour bus on the site , we left when every one was coming in to the Chichen itza.
Everything was perfect. Money well spend.

Thank you Nafi, and i'll referral all my friends who is going to cancun.

Thank you.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank mkim82

Farmington, New Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome awesome awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Nefi is great. He is very flexable and gives you the chance to plan the activities as works best for you. We changed times of pickup and dropp off on him many times and her was great. every time just saying No problem. We had some people in our group decide to change plans and agian. "No Problem". Next time I go back I will use him again and he has so many options we will try some others. He is also very knowledgable about everything he is doing. On day he dropped us of at Xplore park and went to learn to kite board so that he could have that as an option and he doesn't only learn how to do things alittle bit he becomes and expert. The other nice thing is he is very Fluent in English so I never felt like anything was lost in translation. They are the best.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Perry W
Brigham City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Rushed Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Nefi is very, very good at what he does. We had a very tight schedule from a cruise stop and everything that Nefi promised was delivered upon. He passed on as much information as he possibly could to and from Tulum and my only wish is that we would have had more time to learn more. Nefi's knowledge is fantastic and his presetation skills are very strong as well. I would like to go back and do this tour again with more time and will do so if I ever visit Cancun.
Thanks, Nefi!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank S P
Alpharetta, GA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highly recommended...Read this review instead of just going by the total review count”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Few things first. Let the small number of reviews not lead you to think that this is a new operation. Nefi and his family has been doing tours for three generations. Check review of Helaman tours. This site was launched because Nefi wanted to also attract people who weren't all into the archaeology perspective.

Secondly many tour operators who offer private tours are really language translators. What they end up doing is have a supply of local drivers, guides etc. who find it hard to communicate to tourists. The private tour person/company is able to employ these people and provide the end customer a seamless experience. It works except that

a)you may end up sitting in a van(for transportation from/to your hotel) for a long time without being able to converse the driver and understand things on the way

b) you many be bundled with other people in a van for logistics and the private tour only becomes "private" when you do the actual activity you signed up for

c) Your tour guide is not licensed to be tour guide. So even if he gets tickets for you at a place like Chichen Itza, he has to stand in line with regular crowd and you end up waiting

d) The vehicle you travel is not a vehicle permitted to drive tourists and passengers aren't insured
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now coming back to the tour. I booked Nefi for a tour of Chichen Itza, Ek Balam, Cenote Ik-Kil, Valladoid and the Cenotes and Dzintsup for just my wife and I. This is one advantage that he can do our own tour plan and not just some pre-made tour. He quoted the lowest rate (I checked pretty much all of top rated tours in Cancun), was great with communication, arrived promptly on time to pick us up and accommodated my late request to pick us up with luggage from Cancun hotel zone and drop us to Playa Del Carmen at end of day without charging anything extra. As to the trip itself, Nefi's knowledge of the place and surroundings is pretty awesome. We were very impressed by his comments on the lifestyle, excerpts on this history of places and people, explanation of the ruins. He even suggested and took us to a market in Valladoid early morning so that we get a glimpse of how a real farmers market there is like.

He speaks good English, is fun to talk to and took some great photos of us too while pacing the trip nicely letting us explore on our own yet letting us know when not to wrap up one place so we can move on to the next if we were to meet our schedule.

Nefi has studied and got certified as a tourist guide, has a tour van with permit and insurance for passengers. So when I book him, Nefi is the owner of the operation, driver and the guide at all places. I had booked a Snorkeling tour the next day through someone else and was surprised to elaarn from Nefi that he did the same tour. His site really didn't advertise it very well. If I had known that, I probably would have booked that tour also with him. I mean the Snorkel also turned out great. It was just not at the same level....

So in short - Very Highly Recommended!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Jubin J
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nefi is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We booked 2 tours with Nefi, #2 & #5. 2 was to Tulum, tankah private park, cenote dos ojos, and akumal. Tulum was beautiful and his tour was very informative we also had free time to explore on our own. The private park was awesome, zip lining, canoing, swimming and an authentic Mayan lunch( included), then snorkeling the cenote dos ojos was amazing make sure you go into the bat cave, then we went swimming with sea turtles at akumal. An incredible tour for those who want variety and to stay away from the tourist traps. #5 was chichen itza, ik-kil cenote, and ek-balam archealogical site. His tours are very informative and to the point, ik kil is a thing of beauty and a wonderful swim plus lunch, and ek balam was my favorite site. This site is not as well advertised like chichen and tulum. But well worth it, you can actually walk on the temples and sites and go to the top where only the high priest was allowed unlike chichen and tulum. Not as big as the other two but more hands on and it's not even fully excavated yet awesome awesome site. Nefi is a super nice guy, good English and free snacks and water, well worth the price, private transportation ( ac of course) informative tours and variety. I am not one to be corralled like sheep onto a big bus with an impersonal tour guide who makes money selling packages or some employee who could care less what Quality of your you get. Book Nefi or anger kulkulcan.

1 Thank Bonjarney