Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveler reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

“Not THAT bad...”
Review of ibis Cancun Centro

ibis Cancun Centro
Ranked #149 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Stockholm
“Not THAT bad...”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Sure, the rooms are tiny, but that just adds a coziness in my opinion.

The hotel is very clean and the service level is acceptable, especially considering the price.

What I don't like is the absence of a mini-bar/fridge, and that there are no proper walkways around the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Accor_Mexico, General Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Cancun Centro. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

General Manager Hotel Ibis Cancun Centro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ibis Hotel in Cancun, Mexico allows through it's website to make your own reservations. The website requests your Credit Card # and such. Issues you a confirmation number. However, when you arrive, the confirmation number does not mean that your reservation is paid. The front desk clerks were running back and forth to see why the reservation we made was not in their computer system. "The reservation didn't come through our system" was the answer. Did I create my own reservation confirmation number and the hotel's website page confirming it? No! Summary: No reservation upon arrival (in a previous trip to the hotel, I´ve encountered the same situation) front desk clerk tried to get us a room, since the hotel was full. Finally found one and our online reservation was honored. On that same day, early afternoon, we arrived from a business meeting and the room electronic key was not working. I went down to the front desk and asked for help. "We reprogrammed our key electronic combination to all rooms, because we wanted all guests to pay their bills tonight before 11 p.m. and this way each and every guest had to come down to the desk and be advised about what we needed, since we are reprogramming our billing, checking in and checking out system", said the front desk clerk. What if we were busy all evening and got to the hotel after 11 p.m.? What a way to communicate with their guests. Unfortunately I can´t find another hotel nearby offering a convenient location for us. Next time, I´ll try to do my reservations over the phone and hope for the best. Towels: Old, dirty, bad quality, scratchy. In order words take your own.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Cancun Centro. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just do yourself a favour and stay away from this hotel...the rooms are uninhabitable...very tiny, mine was dirty and to really make for a memorable stay, almost $400 additional charges were made onto my bill that I knew nothing of or had used....just a horrible first and last stay! These are not honest or professional people to have a stay with.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AJCampbell976
Thank you very much for let us know about your experience in our hotel

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence, let me know if your charges are being cleared since we do not charge extras with out guest aknowledge.

General Manager Hotel Ibis Cancun Centro

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Merida, Mexico
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I travel often to the Cancun area for work and have stayed at many business class hotels, this by far is the best! Not only is it new but if you stay on the 8th floor you have a great view of the laguna and the Cancun hotel zone. The rooms are small and as in any business class hotel and you always have to bring your own pillow here they are very bad but that is the only thing I can find wrong with the hotel Would I stay here again yes, FYI I am writing this from my work station in the room overlooking the Sea not a bad way to start off the day!

Room Tip: 8th floor has the best views from like the 20s up to the 40s
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Mexoso

Chicago
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Beware! The rooms are teenie-tiny, European style. The shower is like that on a cruise ship. If this does not stop you, then keep reading. We used this hotel as our first night since we got into Cancun very, very late and didn't want to pay an all-inclusive rate at the resort we were staying at the next nights. It worked out perfectly. The room was clean and modern, everything worked well. The buffet breakfast the next morning was very good and there is a small mall you can walk to across the street.
I would recommend as long as you are not claustrophobic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LiveToTravel999

Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Bottomline, this was a good hotel to stay at in downtown Cancun to make an early departure from the international airport, very no-frills but good enough. While the price I received was low based upon a no cancellation or change policy, an honest mistake in scheduling was made due to working between two monthly calendars - one that started the week on Sunday and one that started on Monday. After exchanging several e-mails explaining the situation (always a fairly quick reply), we were told they would change the date if I would provide the security code on my credit card. I stopped into the hotel to give them the information and was told it would be impossible to change the date. I left the hotel and ended up making a second reservation over the internet. I also asked for contact information to the corporate headquarters. I never received another reply from the hotel and was not provided with the contact information I requested. They stay was fine but there seems to be little room for representatives to work with customers in a positive manner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Benjamin_D0ver

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here as a couple to get away from the Gran Bahia Principe
in akumal, this place is a good value.
clean and modern small room with a comfortable bed and a view on the
city..... i think about 30 mins of bus away from the beach
Got a great deal on a package of wine and a bottle
of don julio from the walmart nearby.... a short bus away :)
breakfast- not really the best here. we hit up the mcdonald's
which had different mexican(spicy!) options which were actually decent.

shower was good with the huge glass doors!
free wifi in room

there is a mall across the street called Plaza Las Americas mall
It is huge and you can find anything in there
a good grocery store in there with very good prices is Chedraui!

overall a decent stay for a short period of time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple