ibis Cancun Centro
Paradisus Cancun(Cancun)
$360
$257
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $285/night.

$508
$551
$427
Official Site
1,215 results
All reviewsado busroom was cleanshort staybusiness travelerbasic amenitiesmall across the streetbuffet breakfastshower headitalian restaurantlobby areasupermarkettaxipesosairportsuperamawallmartrates
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Bottomline, this was a good hotel to stay at in downtown Cancun to make an early departure from the international airport, very no-frills but good enough. While the price I received was low based upon a no cancellation or change policy, an honest mistake in scheduling was made due to working between two monthly calendars - one that started the week on Sunday and one that started on Monday. After exchanging several e-mails explaining the situation (always a fairly quick reply), we were told they would change the date if I would provide the security code on my credit card. I stopped into the hotel to give them the information and was told it would be impossible to change the date. I left the hotel and ended up making a second reservation over the internet. I also asked for contact information to the corporate headquarters. I never received another reply from the hotel and was not provided with the contact information I requested. They stay was fine but there seems to be little room for representatives to work with customers in a positive manner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Benjamin_D0ver
Accor_Mexico, General Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Cancun Centro. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here as a couple to get away from the Gran Bahia Principe
in akumal, this place is a good value.
clean and modern small room with a comfortable bed and a view on the
city..... i think about 30 mins of bus away from the beach
Got a great deal on a package of wine and a bottle
of don julio from the walmart nearby.... a short bus away :)
breakfast- not really the best here. we hit up the mcdonald's
which had different mexican(spicy!) options which were actually decent.

shower was good with the huge glass doors!
free wifi in room

there is a mall across the street called Plaza Las Americas mall
It is huge and you can find anything in there
a good grocery store in there with very good prices is Chedraui!

overall a decent stay for a short period of time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Cancun Centro. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

It's not that this hotel isn't clean (it is) or that the staff aren't friendly or helpful (they are) or that the room lacked amenities (they were there), my problem is that the rooms are TINY and I'm not one to complain about the size of a hotel room. The room was so small that we had to block the door with our luggage to open it, the beds were somehow smaller than twin size and hard as rocks, and you could wash you hands without having to leave the toilet. As I said, the size of a hotel room rarely bothers me, but this was like nothing I had ever experienced before. When on vacation I prefer to have room to spread out and relax and that wasn't happening here. My recommendation.....if you made it to Ibis you can made it 5 minutes down the road to La Quinta. They don't have a restaurant in the hotel (there are several across the street), they don't have a car rental company (there is a car rental desk near the check in desk), but they do have large, well furnished, comfy rooms and bathrooms with all the same amenities as Ibis for about $10 more per night.....it's a no brainer!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Max M
Accor_Mexico, General Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

It is a hotel used more by locals. There is an Italian restaurant next door and also a market. Also just outside the door is a car rental agency and but company (to and from airport). The hotel has a modern if minimalistic look. The staff is very friendly and there is usually someone at the reception desk who speaks English. Breakfast is extra (about $6), but is a large Mexican spread including chilequiles and other delights. My biggest issue with the breakfast area, is that my clothes smelled greasy after I went to breakfast, so I started wearing old clothes to breakfast to solve that issue. The windows don't open. The rooms are very small with practically no space to put clothes. The room was cleaned really well some days and others not so well (dirty floor, no new towels, etc.). They did have shower gel, but no kleenex or additional soap or shampoo. i bought those things. There is a hairdryer. The shower is odd, since the glass door opens in, so you cannot turn on the water until you are inside. They you get a surprise of hot or cold water coming out until you can correct it. Not usually pleasant. The AC worked well, but when it cycled off, there was an odd "urine" oder around the whole room. Since the window doesn't open, I was then stuck with that odor. The hall ways were usually dirty. They have an area with an iron and ironing board. Oddly that is where the staff likes to stack room service dirty trays. I was there 2 weeks and one time saw the trays stack up with old food and debris for 4 days until removed. Thank heavens I didn't need to iron during that time. There is no pool. The pillows were horrible. LIke a sack of clumped rags. I couldn't sleep and had to go out and purchase a pillow.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DonCapeMayBeach
Accor_Mexico, General Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback, We had take action to correct this issues in order to prevent future ocurrences.

Is our Hope you give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Regards,
Martin Rodriguez

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This hotel is only a good choice if you are here to work.
Otherwise, pay more and find something on the hotel zone.

The good:
- very cheap
- clean
- friendly staff

The bad:
- hard mattress
- small room

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Accor_Mexico, General Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. It will help us to improve our services.
Hope to see you soon in Cancun.

M Rodriguez