“Convenient basic one-nighter, great staff.”

Comfort Inn Cancun Aeropuerto
Ranked #156 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed August 2, 2013

As mentioned by others, the great deal here is that the hotel is located about 5 minutes from the Cancún Airport, and it offers a free shuttle there every hour (so you'l save the 40 bucks cab from the Cancún tourist traps, and feel safer with your lugagge too).

The rooms are very basic, but found clean and ample beds, a nice bathroom with shower (my room did not have a bathtub), cable TV, free Wi Fi, safebox and a large closet. The windows only let you look at warehouses, and you can see the highway which is nice, but nothing breathtaking. The A/C unit worked fine, but it makes some noise.

Staff was very helpful and friendly, and so was the waiter at the tiny restaurant. Perhaps it is more like a cafeteria, as the menu is very limited, and not especially appetizing, but you can relax for a moment with a cold beer, and that's a plus. Breakfast was really austere, with only ham, some cheese, fruit, yogurt and cereal. Even eggs were absent and in high traffic season, some dishes are unavailable. Be aware you won't have much choices around, as only a Burger King is within walking distance.

The hotel is very isolated, nothing to see if you walk around it (unless you really like warehouses), but is modern and has an ample lobby at every level, so it's well illuminated and you can see far from the upper floors. In the rooftop, there seemed to be an unused whirlpool and a nice bar, but I was there on a saturday and it seemed like no one had used these facilities for a long, long time. A pity, though. The sun was scorching there, as there weren't chairs or tables.

Regarding the patrons, well, this is a hotel on the cheap side, so expect all types of folks around, very noisy as some have commented, and one of my travel companions had to request a change of rooms due to the reeking smell of tobacco in it, so it seems smoking policies are not enforced. I myself had no problems, and the staff was quick to solve it for him.

So, in the end, this is not your hotel for endulging yourself, but the convenience of being close to the airport, the helpful staff, and clean ample rooms, plus the safety of the hotel shuttle, really makes it shine. Great for one night stays.

Room Tip: The rooms ending in '19' (319, 419...) are isolated from the rest of the floor by the elevat...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Needed a place to stay for one night to cover a gap between my resort checkout and flights back to the US. This place was clean, comfortable and has a free shuttle van to the airport.
My only complaints would be that the AC unit was very loud, couldn't watch tv with it on, and it interrupted my sleep several times.The water also went out for a short time during our stay.
In short, if you're at the Cancun airport and need a place to stay, you could do a lot worse!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Faye2441
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel before a flight the next day because it was near the airport and had a free shuttle, plus it was a good price. If I could go back, I would spend a little more money and stay somewhere else. Here's an overview:

The Good:
-The rooms are decently furnished and the bathroom is modern looking. There is a safe in the room, and a fairly spacious closet. All of the plumbing and electronics worked.
-It was mostly clean.
-We were able to get Wi-Fi in our room (although it was slow at times.)

The Bad:
-Noise, noise, noise: It was super noisy all night. I heard every footstep, voice, cough, baby crying, etc. throughout the night and early morning. This seems to be because the entire building is made of cement and tile, with no insulation or carpet to absorb sound, so things seem to echo through the whole hotel. I tried to set the A/C to stay on constantly to drown out the noise, but it would not stay on, and made a loud banging sound all through the night each time it cycled on and off.
-The Beds: They are not very comfy, but about average for Mexico, like someone else said.
-Location: The only thing this hotel is anywhere near is the airport. If you want to go to the hotel zone for shopping or dining, you will either have to pay a minimum of $25 for a taxi, or take two different city busses, which takes at least 30-45 minutes (and only runs until 10:00pm.) The hotel is literally at the very end of the bus route (so you have the bus barn next door, which didn't make me feel all that safe) and their shuttle goes to the airport only, so no help getting anywhere else.
-Breakfast: The breakfast was not very appetizing, with lunchmeat, weird cheese, a little fruit, yogurt, and cereal accompanied by room temperature milk. There was bread to toast (which the toaster burned) but I ate it with cereal and the semi-warm milk. Not so yummy.
-The Shuttle: Having a shuttle is convenient, but we ended up waiting over 20 minutes for it arriving and leaving. We were supposed to be taken to the airport at 10:00am, and were there ready at that time, but they said it was full and they would be right back. They showed up about 20 minutes later and we left about 10:25, which could have been a problem if we had not built in extra time.
So, I have to agree with the folks who said that the level of quality goes along with the cost- low.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GringaLoca_TX
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This little hotel sits in the middle of an industrial area so if your looking for scenery this is not the hotel for you but if you want great service, excellent staff and the cleanest room anywhere this is it!. The hotel is only about 5 minutes from the airport via their shuttle. Hotel has a nice little restaurant with ok food and very good service-there is a Subway and a Burger King within walking distance. Hotel has a nice roof top hot tub and also offers a very good free breakfast.
Front desk staff was very helpful and even printed out our boarding passes-clerk refused a tip. This is Service. Will stay here again!!! Forgot to mention the Excellent Rate, Fluffy towels and great beds!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the house
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I am currently at this Comfort Inn writing this review at 2 AM from the Comfort Inn Cancun. In fact, I signed up for tripadvisor just to write this review.
An American chain hotel isn't my first locale of choice to stay at while in Mexico (or anywhere), but alas, we have a super early flight and this is near the airport and was cheap. We checked in and the front desk guys were nice and helpful. The guy brought us to our room and I was pleasantly surprised by how clean and new the rooms were, considering we paid a measly $60 for it. Keep in mind i'm not a fussy person and can rough it with the best of them.
Everything was going smoothly until I decided it was time to fall asleep and then realized that the walls were paper thin and could hear the people in both the hallway and next room so much as whisper or breathe. It was awkward, like we were sharing a room with the people next door. Unlucky for me, the folks in the next room embarked upon a Friends episode marathon at an extremely high volume. The episodes with Janice, no less. Yay! I couldn't (still can't) fall asleep, so proceeded to knock on the adjoining door to their room. That's the universal sign for "please turn down the volume" right? Apparently not, as the TV only got louder. My husband went down to the front desk to inquire about changing rooms, but of course, they would not and said the hotel was full. (it is very clearly not full) Around midnight, the auditory level on their TV was akin to having my own tv at full blast. The front desk guy came up to check out the situation, and our beloved neighbor complained to him that my knocking was irritating her. I was in my room, and since the walls are paper thin, naturally I can hear everything they are saying. I proceeded to chime in and confront her about the noise level, and she starts screaming at me to knock and then show my face "instead of running away like a little (expletive)." Good times at the comfort inn cancun aeropuerto! (For the record, I was knocking on the adjoining door of our rooms, not her front door, which is why when she opened the door nobody was in the hallway. Not sure how they could miss where the knock was coming from) Anyway, i completely lost my shEet and had a full on verbal massacre with her in the hallway in my nightgown. After that, they continued to watch Friends on repeat and I continued to not sleep. I can hear their conversation through the wall as they are calling me profanities that most likely can't be recorded on tripadvisor. I reply to them- not loudly- that i can hear them talking about me through the wall. They respond to me, and we are basically hurling insults at one another- again, not even yelling yet still perfectly audible through the walls, like we are in the same room.
This would not have been an issue if this hotel weren't built so half assed. This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The reviewer that said its worse than a hostel is correct.
I suppose one plus side to this place is that there is wifi allowing me to write this review.
Oh and another downside- if you have an early flight and get wooed by the fact that they have a free shuttle, don't get too excited, as it starts running at 7 am. Anyone with an international flight has to be there early, so that doesn't work for anyone with a flight after 9 or 10. Spare yourself the angst and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Pamplemousse6
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We needed a place to stay overnight before a flight out of Cancun.The Comfort Inn is close to the airport with shuttle service... and these are about the only 2 good points I would note. The room itself was fairly clean, but the air conditioner was like sleeping next to a running airplane. The beds and pillows are hard as plywood, but I have found this to be same for most places in Mexico. There was no internet in the room, but would work if you stood out in the hall... which I would have done if it wasn't for people having been standing around in the hallway smoking, which is not allowed but not enforced apparently. Tried to make a local call from the phone and couldn't get an outside line, had to call from the lobby. All in all, just a bad stay, but for the price I guess you have to expect nothing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night and only because we wanted to be near the airport for the way home as we had an early flight. We were not expecting much from this hotel. All we wanted was a bed, a working air conditioner and to be able to have a shower in the morning. I did have a bed which I had to share not only with my husband but also with lots of bed bugs which bit me throughout the night. There was an air conditioner in the room but it was so loud and it kept switching off and one, which woke us up throughout the night also. There was a shower in the room but with NO WATER. We got up after itching and waking up dozen times through out the night to have a shower. We had 1hour 40min before we had to be at the airport so we planned to get up have a shower and have some breakfast at the restaurant (coffee and toast as that is all they offer for breakfast). I went in the shower and no water was coming out of it, the tap wasn’t working either. So I woke my husband up to call reception which he did, they told him someone will come up shortly. 15min later when no one turned up, he went down to reception. He came back up with a guy who examined the shower and said ‘there is no water’. They went back down and my husband come back up and said that they told him we should have water in 1hour (an hour we did not have). By this time we only had 30min before needing to be at the airport, my husband went down to speak to the manager. Surprise Surprise there was no manager to put our complaint to and than they started say they don’t understand any English (IN ENGLISH)??? When we asked to return at least a third of the payment of the room they all just started to act dumb and say no English. When we asked for the name of the hotel manager and they refuse to give the persons name and look point blank at us (very unprofessional)! As you can imagine our frustration at this point, we realised there was no point even bothering talking to them and as we have had an amazing time in Cancun (NOT AT THIS HOTEL), I didn’t not want this horrible hotel and the people working there to rain my entire holiday. I would say there is no point staying at this hotel it’s in a middle of nowhere, staff are Rude and unhelpful and it’s not a hotel, it’s worse than a hostels.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel unless you're happy to have bed bugs, loud air con and risk having n...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple