“Excellent seafood”
Review of Fred's House

Fred's House
Reserve with OpenTable
Fred's House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,175 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Its unrivalled location and slightly laid-back atmosphere, refreshing to the senses and inspired by the sea, turns Fred’s into the best spot to enjoy the coolness of the tropical paradise that surrounds this location. At Fred’s, the culinary experience is completed by spectacular sunsets reflected over the Cancun lagoon, a sight that can be enjoyed from the main chamber to the comfortable villas located at the terrace. Fred’s American Seafood & Oyster Bar has a culinary proposal including fish and seafood prepared on the spot and accompanied by one of the most emblematic drinks available at Fred’s: the Mojito, in a range of unexpected varieties and bold flavors. And, to enhance the experience, Fred’s also includes an eclectic variety of wines and liquors. The warmth of its personnel and the courteous service you will receive will be the wheel that guides your ship en-route to an enchanting dining experience.
Reviewed July 13, 2018

We visited Fred's House last night to celebrate my birthday while on vacation here in Cancun. My wife and I with our three children (9,7 and 4) had an amazing meal. Idalia and Jesus were our servers and were top notch. The service was really incredible. Paola was the manager and she checked in with us too in order to make sure things were good. The ambiance was wonderful. Nice music playing, good lighting and just a good vibe in general. Now, the most important part...the menu. I was shocked at how many delicious options were presented. You should check out their website and look at the menu there to appreciate it. The Tequila Shrimp was very good and we all loved the table side presentation by Idalia (kids loved the big fire when the tequila was added)! I had the surf and turf and the filet was cooked perfectly and the lobster tail was cooked under the wood stove and was excellent. My wife had lobster prepared under one of the various options avail and was also excellent. The kids menu was perfect. Mac and Cheese was very tasty and the spaghetti and meatballs was also very good. For the adults, the bar drinks were also top notch. I had several mojitos and they were prepared very well (as they can vary depending where you go) and my wife had the Fred's martini which was excellent. I was surprised by the a large group of the restaurant staff when they came by with a piece of cheesecake, some large flaming thing and they all sang happy birthday. A truly memorable experience. You will not be disappointed if you like seafood!! Even if someone in your party is not a fan of seafood, they do have some other options like just a steak. It was moderately priced, but definitely got what we paid for! Thank you to Fred's House!

Grupo A, Director General at Fred's House, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Hello Jason!

Thank you so much for posting a review about your experience, we feel very glad to know that you had such a great experience with us, awesome choice on your food!

Warm regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,643)

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

I don’t think I have the words to describe this amazing restaurant!

I reserved a dinner for 12, for my boyfriends birthday. When we arrived our table was ready for us on the water!

The customer service here was GREAT!!

Food was delicious, I highly recommend the crab lasagna(amazinggggg)

To top this night off my now fiancé proposed to my surprise!!!

It was perfect! I will always visit Fred’s whenever vacationing in Cancun

Hello Darnika!
Congratulations on your engagement!
Thank you so much for writing this comment and visiting us! We are very happy you enjoyed your food and the service provided by our staff.
We hope you will be coming back soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We ate here our first night of a family vacation. The service and food were excellent. The atmosphere was very relaxing. If we had to pick between this and crab house it would be tough but would probably opt for fees due to a more diverse menu and more relaxing experience. Both are convenient and easy to walk to from the Jw Marriott and the marriott

1  Thank Drew F
Grupo A, Director General at Fred's House, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Hello Drew!

We're very glad to know that you had such a nice experience, we look forward to serving you very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We went there with a party of 8 (3kids). They were very accommodating. We had Sergio for our server and he was amazing. He was so attentive and nice, he even spoke very good English. Highly recommended you request him. Food was very good and so is ambiance-they even have a view of the lagoon.

Thank you so much for visiting us and for writing this wonderful comment. We appreciate the five stars. We are very happy you enjoyed your food and the service provided by our staff.
We hope you will be coming back soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at the Marriott Cancun Resort and stopped by Fred’s one night for dinner as it was just across the street from our resort. We are very glad that we chose Fred’s House that night. We did not have reservation but they were able to get us in quickly. They asked us if we had any food allergies or diet restrictions as we were checking in which I appreciated that they cared to ask. They also asked if we were celebrating any special occasions and we were surprised with a cheesecake for our anniversary as we were there to celebrate that. As for the food, it was fantastic. Very fresh and tasty. As for the atmosphere, it was very romantic and classy. They had live jazz playing that night which we enjoyed a lot. As for the service, it’s 7 stars service. We had the pleasure of working with Jesus, Juan and Christian and all of them were amazing. They also gave us a sweet treat on the house in addition to our cheesecake anniversary cake. We were treated like royalties and would definitely come back when we are back in Cancun. Highly recommend for family, couple or anyone appreciates good food and service.

Hello!

Thank you so much for posting a review about your experience, we feel very glad to know that you had such a great experience with us,awesome choice on your food!