“Delicious Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: By Gran Melia Hotel
Description: Since 1983 La Dolce Vita has been consistently rated as one of the top restaurants in Cancun, serving fresh sea food and home-made pasta, owned and operated by owners George Savio (founder), his son Tim Savio and Juan J. Casal. In December 2010 we open Savio´s bistro by La Dolce Vita. Overlooking the lagoon in a casual atmosphere you can choose to dine in at the comfort of air-conditioned dining room or the beautiful munti-level terrace. Service is friendly and dinner specials change daily to mach the season. We have a fair priced and diverse wine list from around the world. Dress code: Casual Desde 1983 La Dolce Vita ha sido consistentemente catalogado como uno de los mejores restaurantes de Cancún, sirviendo pasta hecha en casa, pescados y mariscos frescos, operado por sus dueños: George Savio (fundador) su hijo Tim y Juan J. CasalEn Diciembre 2012 abrimos Savio's bistro by La Dolce Vita, con una vista espectacular de la laguna, en un ambiente casual, puede escoger cenar con el confort del aire acondicionado o en nuestra terraza de cuatro niveles. El servicio es amable y los especiales cambian diariamente de acuerdo con la época del año. Tenemos una amplia y variada carta de vinos. Código de vestir: Informal.
New York City, New York
“Delicious Italian Food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a good Italian restaurant. It is located across the street from Casa Magna Marriott. The restaurant itself is very nice. You can dine inside or they have an outside sitting area right on the water which is pretty with all the lights of Cancun. It was a bit humid so we decided to stay inside. The service was very good and they were attentive. We ordered pasta dishes and each of us enjoyed our meal. They also have brick oven pizza! Prices are very reasonable. All in all we enjoyed and I'm sure you will enjoy too! We might even visit again!

• Visited August 2013

San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
“quiet on the lagoon”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We ate there last night, family of 5. Service was very good, and so was the food. it is by the lagoon so if you sit outside you get a nice view and if you are there before 730 you get to see the sunset. My only negative comment is the decoration, is totally outdated, the tables outside are very unpleaseant, and so is the floor in the main area inside. A little renovation would do them good. The waiter was very good. An area where you could see the way the do the pizza and the wood oven would be nice, since their pizza was very good. Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
San Jose
“All selections were delicious!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We celebrate our anniversary in Cancun and were told to eat at La Habichuela and La Destileria...we did and both places were BLAH - I was actually upset that we paid as much for these meals as they were so lackluster we would have had better tasting food back at some chain restaurant in San Francisco. Lucky for us - on our way to get water from the JW Marriott we walked by Savios...and decided the next night to try it. I must say that I wished I had known about them from the get go - everything we ate was amazing!! we had the ceviche - so fresh and perfect mix of seafood with salted chips to eat it with. the house bread was covered with pesto and baked in their wood oven - amazing. Next we ordered the Pasta Neptune and the risotto - the flavor and taste were incredible!! The Neptune pasta was so delicious my husband and I could not get enough and the risotto was just perfection.

I asked our wonderful waiter Pedro, why the hotel never mention this jewel and sent us to mediocre Destileria and completely BLAND Habichuela Sunset and he mention that teh concierges in Cancun may get "pay back" from the restaurants when they send people to them.

Please - if you are in Cancun and you want a meal that is well done, savory, good service, water views and memorable - you must visit Savios Bistro and please trust me as someone that lives and eats a LOT in San Francisco, Europe and Latin America because we travel frequently - that Destileria (worse meal in Cancun) and La Habichuela Sunset (completely over rated, flavorless and over priced) are not the places to go.

Go visit Savios and you will have a wonderful memorable meal for sure!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank R R
Hong Kong
“Good food. Priceless sunset view!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I had minestrone and Seafood risotto (appetizer size), and a bottle of still water. Total cost: 332 pesos. Everything was very nice, and friendly services. But most of all, the sunset view is just priceless!

• Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Outstanding Italian Cu-zine”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This quiet restaurant offers some of the best Italian food you will find in the Caribbean. Our experience is limited to this one visit and the food was very good. Since I'm Italian myself I believe that speaks volumes for the food. I will return.

Visited June 2013