Hostel Mundo Joven Cancun
Hotel Cotty(Cancun)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsado bus stationrooftop barstayed two nightsgreat acconvenient locationfree breakfasthot tubclean roomscerealwifidormitorylockearplugschichenkeyconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Best Hostel I stayed at in Mexico! This is how hostels should be!

Pros
- Super helpful staff: Angel was a legend set up a bunch of last minute tours and gave me some great advice on local eats
- Clean: Cleaning staff came through every day
- Great upstairs bar: Great rooftop bar with hammocks and a jacuzzi for meeting other travellers
- Other: Good lockers (make sure you bring your own lock) and strong internet (quick enough for Viber calls home)

Cons
- No downsides! Like a said best hostel I stayed at in Mexico.

Highly recommended particular if travelling alone

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Only a 5 minute walk from the ADO bus station, Mundo Joven delivered much more than I expected. The helpful and friendly staff checked us in even though we didn't have cash, which was the only way to pay, and allowed us to put our bags in our room before going to the bank machine. We stayed in a private room with ensuite bath, which was exceptionally clean and looked recently redone. The room had a decent mattress, two TVs, a couch, AC, and a large window that opened, overlooking the street. There's also a rooftop patio with a bar, where they serve free breakfast. You will also find hammocks, a hot tub, and free wifi as well as three computers for guest use. It might not the quietest place you could stay, but its an excellent hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My friend and I booked one night here, planned to spend two days in Cancun. But everything here was just wonderful. Rooms are spacious, lovely patio with food and drinks (free tequila shots), as well as the loving staff members who gave bunches of tips and take you to parties at night! They have a hot tub also!

The location is great as well, 5 min walk to the main bus station, from where you can easily go to Tulum, Merida, Chichen Itza, Playa del Carmen and etc. also close to the local bus stops (8 min walk)

street food, restaurants, supermarket, fast food, everything is close.
Anyways, I love Mundo Joven!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jerry W
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Mundo Joven is the exact opposite of the previous hostel I stayed at in Cancun. I won't go into too much detail, but the rooftop breakfast buffet was a real treat. The dorms weren't too crowded. My ten bed dorm had an en-suite shower, plus two separate WCs and two sinks. AC was included- some may like that but I don't need it- some guests seem to like it freezing at night! The best thing however, was the atmosphere. Everybody was in a good mood here. Relaxed but upbeat. The building shows a little wear in places, but it is clean and bright. WiFi in the rooms and rooftop hammocks are nice too!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank sandy c
Reviewed February 21, 2014

mundo joven is amazing hostel . great staff all ways want to help.
the room is clean and chap . great place to meet new people and also great party's .
if you want to have fun in Cancun go to mundo joven .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo