Review Highlights
First dive was amazing

Reviewed February 28, 2018
Bogdan M
via mobile
THE Dive outfit to use when diving Cancun/Cozumel!

Reviewed November 27, 2016
kylemsmith1978
Joplin, Missouri

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Did my first two ocean dives here, museum and reef amazing experience. Fred was super knowledgeable and explained everything very well in the pool, also great to talk to as he knows so much about diving. Two of the ocean dives was with Fernando, who was amazing and super cool guy. Felt very safe and well taken care of, loved the reef dive saw so many beautiful fish. Will come back here in a heart beat when I'm in Cancun. Wish I had a bit more cash with me to give Fernando a tip but sadly they don't accept credit cards here. Overall truly amazing experience highly recommended, five out of five!

Reviewed November 27, 2016

This is the outfit you want to use when visiting Cancun/Cozumel for scuba diving. Fred is extremely responsive when scheduling and planning the dive that best fits what you are looking for on your diving adventure.

20+ years of experience in the area with good, very reasonably priced rates for trips and a rental equipment.

Omar (Dive Master):

I cannot say enough positive things about Omar who was our Dive Master. I have been diving all over the world and have not come across a dive master that is more professional, safety oriented, knowledgeable, and FUN!

100% NO REASON TO EVEN LOOK INTO ANY OTHER DIVE OUTFITS!

Kyle Smith
JOPLIN, MO

Reviewed September 17, 2016

Scuba Fred is the best dive shop in Cancun. We have gone on a couple dives with him and it was fantastic. I enjoyed the dives and he is always a pleasure to talk to.

Reviewed September 9, 2015

Met Fred at the Clipper Club after not quite trusting our hotel's dive shop who just loved to add multiple taxes and surcharges... Took a gamble and a bit of walk to the clipper club (who I thought was actually a different dive shop). Next day we went for a wreck and reef dive for both me and my partner's best dives we have been on...

Fred was excited to take us inside and outside of the wreck to show us every part of it... Someone mentioned above, its no frills but was a great dive tour of the sites. Would recommend if your not a beginner and have a few dives under your belt.

1  Thank Chris O
Reviewed July 13, 2015 via mobile

Scuba freds give moren then you pai for. We had abote 20 dives with fred and the gave us a liftime exsperiens. Bullshark dive.museum.wrek.reef dive. We dived allso with scuba cancun and its whas not haf as nice dives. I recomend scuba freds. Reely god pippole

1  Thank PKS1989
Reviewed February 22, 2015

Sent an e-mail question in on pricing - No Answer.

Foolishly sent money via Paypal for a dive to make sure I had a reservation. Followed it up with another e-mail question that received - No Answer. (They did however accept and process my Paypal payment)

Called the shop twice to coordinate my dive - No answer.

Went to the shop to coordinate, and found it deserted from 9:00 to 9:35. Boat and dive gear was present, but no one was there.

Missed my only opportunity to dive in Cancun because of these jokers.

Two followup e-mails to them requesting a refund - No Answer.

Currently processing a claim through Paypal.to try and get my deposit back.

9  Thank Michael N
Reviewed February 21, 2015

Been going to Fred's for many years, done everything from take 10 staff for their first dives to just me and buddy doing some more advanced dives.

He's off the beaten path, but don't kid yourself, this is a reputable dive shop with everything you need. No glitz and glamour, just honest fair priced great service. You will not be let down.

1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed January 28, 2015 via mobile

I did a small bit of research before deciding on the dive shop I wanted to do my open water certification. There were other dive shops who seemed to offer a "better price" but I believe in getting what you pay for. My Spanish is sub par so I thought I would really enjoy learning without a huge language barrier. Fred speaks fluent Spanish and English and his staff are mostly local but also speak good English. The staff made my experience very comforting as I was sea sick on both my days on my second dives but they assured me I would feel much better in the water. They were right. Thanks Fred and your staff for submitting my information to PADI promptly so I could continue my scuba journey two days later in Tulum. I'd go back to Fred again.

1  Thank Louis L
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Clemente took us on our dive. He is a very nice man that knows the ocean very well. There were five divers and him. He made sure we all had a good time and experience. He definitely cares about people and the undersea life as well.
Thank you.
Roger
Columbus, Ohio

1  Thank Roger F
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We used Scuba Fred's for myself and my daughter's checkout dives. Alfredo was our dive master and was very detailed in the reviews, testing, and pre-dive planning. Other outfits might charge more and have better facilities, but Scuba Fred's had a personal touch and accommodated my daughters request to do one of the dives at the underwater museum. Other dive shops advertised two dives on one tank each day, but we actually had a new tank every dive and each of the four dives lasted around 45 minutes. Like other reviews have noted, they might not have the biggest boat, so if you are going get your doctor to give you a motion sick patch. I got some for this trip and this is the first time in years that I didn't feel motion sick on a boat.

3  Thank tryandig