Review Highlights
Amazing dive operation

Went with some friends down to Cancun and had an amazing experience diving with Scuba Fred's... read more

Reviewed February 2, 2019
vpastushok
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
via mobile
First dive was amazing

Did my first two ocean dives here, museum and reef amazing experience. Fred was super knowledgeable... read more

Reviewed February 28, 2018
Bogdan M
via mobile

All reviews dive operation explained everything an amazing experience dives reef boat fernando musa
Selected filters
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I have done 4 dives with these guys. 3 reef dives and a wreck dive. Equipment was good and worked well. Boat is nothing fancy but does the job just fine.

Pricing for Fred's was out of site. Everyone's English was great

These guys were down home good diving. Stick with Alfredo for beginners, he is patient, thorough, and meticulous. Great site orientation and spent a lot of time assessing everyone's experience level.

Call Fred in advance and feel confident booking your package for a few days.

Date of experience: January 2013
1  Thank David S
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Though it seemed a little disorganized at times, for 80USD my friend and I had two separate reef dives for over an hour in addition to a lesson in the swimming pool. Neither of us are certified but have both been diving in the Great Barrier Reef. We saw a lot of interesting wildlife and were very pleased with that. Based on our experience, I would be hesitant to recommend this company to a first time diver. Though we were given a lesson in a swimming pool before our first reef dive, when we got into the ocean I felt at times that there was a serious lack of direction if you weren't already somewhat competent with diving. There were a few instances where both myself and my friend felt like we didn't know which end was up. That being said, there was a first-timer on our trip with another guide and she had a fantastic time. Groups are small which is a bonus - there were 4 in our group with 1 guide. The staff basically do everything for you which is great. The transport boat is by no means luxurious but that explains why you're paying so little for the excursion. Overall, I would recommend Scuba Fred's to divers who are already semi-competent.

Date of experience: December 2012
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have mostly gone diving in Bermuda but Scuba Fred was great. They picked us up from the hotel and took us to great sites. I admit the dive site was a long way from their location, but you know what? It was awesome. The guides (unfotunately I can only remember "Octavio", but there were others) were really good and professional and took care of us since we didn't have that much dive experience. We saw a really interesting variety of things from sea turtles to giant star fish to some very scary looking stingrays, and a lot more fish than we've seen before (as well as the wierd statues from the "underwater museum". Overall, really good and reasonably priced.

Date of experience: February 2012
Reviewed September 14, 2012

with only a few days left of our 2 week holiday in cancun, me and my partner decided to do a scuba diving trip at scuba freds. we had a training session in the morning then headed out to sea with a stunning view running alongside cancun. The first dive was at the underwater museum, absoulutley AMAZING!!! the second at the coral reef which was also stunningly beautiful, we swam alongside a turtle saw lots of tropical fish. our trainer was alongside the whole time taking GREAT snap shots of me and my partner, which after we purcahsed at a very reasonable price. overall our experience was 110% FANTASTIC and much MUCH more!! if ever return back to cancun will definatley be scuba diving at scuba freds, fantasic people thankyou once again

Date of experience: September 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had a great time with Alfredo. We had a fresher course and he made my husband and I feel so comfortable. He explained everything so clear. We headed out to the Cancun waters and it was amazing. We did the morning dive 2 tanks. We saw 5 sharks!!!!! Alfredo and the crew were awesome. The dive was good too. I would definitely dive with them again!!! But if you are thinking of saving money and doing dives in cancun rather than Cozumel DON'T. Spend the extra $$$ the dives at Cozumel are amazing!! Thanks Alfredo for making our time memorable!!!