“Best Master Divers!”
Review of Scuba Fred's

Scuba Fred's
More attraction details
Owner description: Choice diving and snorkeling excursions in Cancun for all levels of experience, all ages, and all tastes. Learn to dive with us, or spend a few hours or a few days exploring the waters, shipwrecks and caverns of the Yucatan with us for an experience you'll never forget. Special event packages available from weddings to corporate retreats.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have taken several Resort Courses so we could dive without going through the complete certification process. Scuba Fred's was by far the best ever! It was very clear and complete. The practice time in the pool with Fred was very reassuring and built our confidence! The two dives were fun and relaxing. Alfredo and Fernando were our Dive Masters and they were incredible!!! Alfredo verbally reviewed everything Fred taught us on our way to our first dive so he was sure we remembered everything and all our concerns were addressed. I really enjoyed Interacting underwater with Fernando as we experienced all the marine life!!! We are looking forward to returning and certifying with Fred and his divers! Thanks to all!!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I have done 4 dives with these guys. 3 reef dives and a wreck dive. Equipment was good and worked well. Boat is nothing fancy but does the job just fine.

Pricing for Fred's was out of site. Everyone's English was great

These guys were down home good diving. Stick with Alfredo for beginners, he is patient, thorough, and meticulous. Great site orientation and spent a lot of time assessing everyone's experience level.

Call Fred in advance and feel confident booking your package for a few days.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Though it seemed a little disorganized at times, for 80USD my friend and I had two separate reef dives for over an hour in addition to a lesson in the swimming pool. Neither of us are certified but have both been diving in the Great Barrier Reef. We saw a lot of interesting wildlife and were very pleased with that. Based on our experience, I would be hesitant to recommend this company to a first time diver. Though we were given a lesson in a swimming pool before our first reef dive, when we got into the ocean I felt at times that there was a serious lack of direction if you weren't already somewhat competent with diving. There were a few instances where both myself and my friend felt like we didn't know which end was up. That being said, there was a first-timer on our trip with another guide and she had a fantastic time. Groups are small which is a bonus - there were 4 in our group with 1 guide. The staff basically do everything for you which is great. The transport boat is by no means luxurious but that explains why you're paying so little for the excursion. Overall, I would recommend Scuba Fred's to divers who are already semi-competent.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have mostly gone diving in Bermuda but Scuba Fred was great. They picked us up from the hotel and took us to great sites. I admit the dive site was a long way from their location, but you know what? It was awesome. The guides (unfotunately I can only remember "Octavio", but there were others) were really good and professional and took care of us since we didn't have that much dive experience. We saw a really interesting variety of things from sea turtles to giant star fish to some very scary looking stingrays, and a lot more fish than we've seen before (as well as the wierd statues from the "underwater museum". Overall, really good and reasonably priced.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 14, 2012

with only a few days left of our 2 week holiday in cancun, me and my partner decided to do a scuba diving trip at scuba freds. we had a training session in the morning then headed out to sea with a stunning view running alongside cancun. The first dive was at the underwater museum, absoulutley AMAZING!!! the second at the coral reef which was also stunningly beautiful, we swam alongside a turtle saw lots of tropical fish. our trainer was alongside the whole time taking GREAT snap shots of me and my partner, which after we purcahsed at a very reasonable price. overall our experience was 110% FANTASTIC and much MUCH more!! if ever return back to cancun will definatley be scuba diving at scuba freds, fantasic people thankyou once again