Review Highlights
Amazing dive operation

Went with some friends down to Cancun and had an amazing experience diving with Scuba Fred's... read more

Reviewed February 2, 2019
vpastushok
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
via mobile
First dive was amazing

Did my first two ocean dives here, museum and reef amazing experience. Fred was super knowledgeable... read more

Reviewed February 28, 2018
Bogdan M
via mobile

All reviews dive operation explained everything an amazing experience dives reef boat fernando musa
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2012

with only a few days left of our 2 week holiday in cancun, me and my partner decided to do a scuba diving trip at scuba freds. we had a training session in the morning then headed out to sea with a stunning view running alongside cancun. The first dive was at the underwater museum, absoulutley AMAZING!!! the second at the coral reef which was also stunningly beautiful, we swam alongside a turtle saw lots of tropical fish. our trainer was alongside the whole time taking GREAT snap shots of me and my partner, which after we purcahsed at a very reasonable price. overall our experience was 110% FANTASTIC and much MUCH more!! if ever return back to cancun will definatley be scuba diving at scuba freds, fantasic people thankyou once again

Date of experience: September 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had a great time with Alfredo. We had a fresher course and he made my husband and I feel so comfortable. He explained everything so clear. We headed out to the Cancun waters and it was amazing. We did the morning dive 2 tanks. We saw 5 sharks!!!!! Alfredo and the crew were awesome. The dive was good too. I would definitely dive with them again!!! But if you are thinking of saving money and doing dives in cancun rather than Cozumel DON'T. Spend the extra $$$ the dives at Cozumel are amazing!! Thanks Alfredo for making our time memorable!!!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Can't say enough nice things about this outfit, went above and beyond to accommodate my group of 3 drivers and a snorkler. Got to see the Museo and another reef off the coast of Isla Mujeres.

Date of experience: April 2012
1  Thank Noah R
Reviewed April 23, 2012

While visiting Cancun, myself and a friend decided to go Scuba Diving with Scuba Fred's. We each paid $20.00 in advance to secure a reservation. They picked us up at the hotel right on time and we headed to the water. After completing a medical form, Alfredo informed my friend that he would not be able to do his first dive ever because of a prior heart surgery. I was very surprised that they didn't just take our money and let my friend go but to actually turn down a customer due to safety reasons says to me that Scuba Fred's is a top class operation. They refunded the $20.00 to my friend and gave him a ride back to the hotel. I continued with the dive (2 tanks) and was very impressed with the safety precautions demonstrated by the employees. (I can't remember their names except Alfredo). I would highly recommend Scuba Fred's.

Date of experience: April 2012
2  Thank Vitto-MI
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I did 2 , 2 dive trips with the gang from Freds ......and had a great time both days... One gets buddied up with people, and you have to look out for them....good or bad....one day, my travel pal wanted to experience scuba...so we did the Discover scuba course....she will now do the pool and school at home before next trip to certify herself....
There are always sights to be seen on the afternoon dives off of Punta Cancun...tortugas, langostinos, eels, rays, nurse sharks....all just hanging out in the backyard of Cancun....
Just have to say....some people don't really get it when they get to be certified open water divers...as I dove with one of Freds top dive masters, and a couple that were open water certified as I was, and frankly, they scared me more than once....she ran into me too many times, and he just wandered off too many times....when at the surface, when you should just group together, he was swimming to the boat, some 30 yards away....just wait your turn, the boat will come to you...!
Anyway, I will only dive with Freds teams....Octavio, Clemente, well, they are my favorites, and don't know too many other names of the guys....but it is a good operation, and they take care to make sure you have a good time, and make you want to return....

Date of experience: February 2012