Tripadvisor
Cancun
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great Food BUT WATCH YOUR BILL!!!!”
Review of baby lobster

baby lobster
Ranked #43 of 1,370 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Isla Shopping Center
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I both had the Surf and Turf Lobster and sirloin steak (575 Peso each). It was a great meal. Probably the best food we have had in Cancun. The steak and lobster were cooked perfectly. The pasta and veggie sides were delicious. We cleaned our plates. Good prices too... if that were the actual price we received---

but you see, I read the good and bad reviews and it seems like OVER-CHARGING has been a problem since 2014--- so owner, please no need to respond. You know your people are doing this.

So, we asked for our bill and waited and waited, and waited. I actually went to the bathroom and came back and still waited. Which made me suspicious.

Our waiter just comes out with a hand written note with numbers on it 1476 pesos, or a USD amount. Nothing saying how they came to that (WRONG) total. I didn't think it seemed right. I asked my husband several times, does that seem right to you? Does that seem right? I knew 576+576 did not = 1476.

I didn't want to argue, so we paid it and left, not leaving a tip, since there was a 300 peso discrepancy. Some places here ad the tip, but if that's what they are doing, they really need to let people know, because I am sure the waiter would have loved to charge than and then been very pleased had we left at tip.

It really soured such a lovely meal, and why I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 rating. The food was 5 the service was okay, the bill was purposely wrong.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (439)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We wanted lobster and didn’t want to eat at a chain restaurant. I did some research and found Baby Lobster, and I have to say that it was one of the best meals we’ve had in Cancún. We were greeted by a friendly waiter; huge, strong drinks; fantastic atmosphere. The guacamole, shrimp ceviche, and Surf ‘n Turf were out of this world! The lobster was so sweet, the steak and chicken cooked just right and oh, so tender. There was so much food, we couldn’t eat it all and left with doggie bags. A meal like this in Seattle, WA, would have easily cost over $200, and this amazing feast with all the drinks and appetizers was less than $100 USD! Thank you, Ricardo, Victor and Sabo (?) for making our birthday celebration so fun and delicious! We have another week left in Cancún and will definitely be back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great service and good food. Loved the atmosphere. They demanded I pay only in cash, which I had none, then produced a credit card machine? I would go back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On a recent visit to Cancun, my daughter and I came upon Baby Lobster at the La Isla Shopping Center. We were warmly greeted by our server, Ricardo, who explained the menu to us and brought me one of the best margaritas that I had on the entire trip. We noshed on the guacamole and chips which was quite tasty and then ordered chicken tacos and chicken fajitas. The chicken in both dishes was so tender and perfectly seasoned and tasty.

We were in the area again the next day and I had to have another one of the margaritas. Ricardo was on duty again and warmly welcomed us back. We shared another bowl of guacamole and this time I tried the shrimp burrito which Ricardo recommended and it did not disappoint. My daughter had the chicken tacos again since she enjoyed them so much the day before.

During each visit, Ricardo was eager to answer our questions and was an excellent host/server making sure that we were comfortable and had what we needed. We will definitely return to Baby Lobster on our next visit.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

We tried the fish tacos and were not impressed. Texture was mealy and flavors were just plain off. The coconut shrimp was better, but overall we had better food elsewhere, and for less money.