“Good Time”
Review of Mayan Jungle Tours

Mayan Jungle Tours
Ranked #80 of 271 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Along the Mayan jungle, landscapes of indescribable nature beauty await you; and Mayan Jungle Tours offers you the opportunity of ridding an ATV trought the jungle enjoying cenotes and zip-lines along your way.
Chester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Time”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went with my children, 2 boys 16 & 17, and 2 girls 15 & 11 we had a good time, I like that we got to swim in 2 cenotes, the smaller ziplines were ok for me because it was my first time ziplining, but next time, I will want a bigger adventure, and as for the ATV's basically they are a form of transportation to the cenotes, if you are looking for adventurous ATV'ing you will not find it here, but all in all it was a good experience, but for a first timer, next time we will want more adventure.

Visited May 2013

New York City, New York
“Amazing value for the price”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We found this last minute in playa del carmen because we were too late to go to Xplor. We got it for $35 each including the van ride from playa. The atvs are fun. About a 40 min ride round trip. The zip lines are nothing special, but the cenotes are amazing. The first one is underground and is really cool. The second is wide open with a few jumps ranging from 35-50 feet. I recommend you do the jumps, because it is an amazing thrill. Some of the review on here are talking this place as unsafe or cheap, but this place is 1/3 of the cost of anything else in the area, and our tour guide, Ares, was awesome and was very articulate in relaying all the safety measures. If you want a relatively easy atv ride and amazing cliff jumps and underwater caves this is the place. Martin the photographer is great too.

Visited May 2013
Campbell, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My kids LOVED IT!!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I went with my to boys (7 &9) and my father (64) and had a blast. The boys loved the zip line so much they wanted to do that all day. The cenotes were awesome. My kids jumped 5 times. The last jump was really crazy...My father was the first to go, and because he did it...all the other guys on the tour did it. A young women and I were saying we wanted to but was a little worried about not landing straight and getting hurt. But we both said that if we didn't do it, we would regret it so I said "if you do it...i'll do it" she laughed and said "if you do it, i'll do it". We both did it and were so excited and happy another girl said she was gonna regret it now too, so she jumped and was soooo happy she did it too! All in all, it was a blast! These other review that are bad mouthing the tour sound like HUGE SNOBS! It was worth every penny!!! I 100% recomend this tour!!! THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIME...Kin Ha!!!! WE LOVE YOU and WE WILL BE BACK!!!

PS...CARLOS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bonnie M
Tecumseh, Canada
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“It is what it is...”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Booked the trip at one hotel in Playacar and the van picked up our group (13 people) at two resorts as planned and on time. We paid US$80 to ride double and with the transport to/from, that seemed fair.The guides made the trip fun and were encouraging and animated.
The location was inland from Puerto Morelos and quite rustic, some might say shabby, but hey this is Mexico. The ATVs were fine...not new but ran well. Ran down paved and dirt roads into the jungle with about 12 other people and guides/photographer. Did 2 small ziplines which were fun and challenging for novices. Jumped into an underground cenote which was quite impressive...you can take stairs down if the jump is too much. Walked over to an open cenote which was very nice with higher jumps and stairs also. Rode back and that was it. Our groug had a good time.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank RoMoDoJo
Chicago, Illinois
“Well worth the price!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place has ATV's, ziplining, and two cenotes to jump into. The amount of time we spent was roughly 6 hours. So plan on a long day.

The van picks you up in front of your hotel with a friendly driver. He even has a cooler filled with beer or coke for you and he was willing to stop and buy more. Of course you pay for the beer and/or soda you drink. The only bummer is driving from hotel to hotel picking up more guests. People be ready with everything along with your receipts so we can leave quickly and be on the road.

As soon as we got there we were briefed on safety and any other concerns. There is insurance to ride the ATVs in case you cause any damage and that is $5. In addition my friends and I paid extra to ride our own ATVs which was only $10 more. They provided lockers for our belongings at no charge. They provided helmets, goggles, and a bandana prior to getting on the ATVs. I would recommend that you either eat prior to going or wait until after because you will be jumping into water which is so much fun. REMEMBER you should be in your bathing suits and sandals along with a t-shirt while riding. I would also recommend leaving any food or drinks behind and leave your towel. Trust me, I brought my towel and it got dusty and dirty and I didn't even use it to dry off.

The ride is 10 - 15 minutes from the start to the ziplining and cenotes. This is not a race, there will be times where you will go fast but stay in a single file line. You do not want to wipe and have another person in back of you hit you or vice versa. So stay cautious. The road is gravel and not worth getting all scraped up on because you decided to have a Nascar moment.

Upon arriving to the zip lines and cenotes you are briefed again about the rules and safety but this time on ziplining and what to expect. Each take his/her turn after climbing a ladder and you go down a series of zip lines. Only 2 lines at present are up with more expected in the future. I was lucky enough to go on twice!

Then we all go to the first cenote. We take off our shirts and leave them under a gazebo. We take off our sandals and jump into the cenote which is about 15 feet below. Once inside Juan Carlos is there to help you in case you cannot swim. You can also jump onto one of the floation devices or surf boards they have floating or hang from the vines. Just look out for the bats! Haha! You can climb out and do it again or go on the zip line inside the cenote which is entirely above water and the only safety is the water.

After we get out, there is a little hut where beverages are provided, water or soda. You will also encounter their pet monkeys and a lemur. Also next to the hut is a bunch of hammocks so you can see how they sleep at night there.

After taking pictures and posing with the monkeys we walk about 5 - 10 minutes to another cenote which is about 40 feet high. Yes you jump into this one as well. They have two platforms for any high dive acrobatics you wish to try, just do not get crazy. They have two guides to rescue you in case you do. Once everyone has had there fill of fun we pose for a group photo head back to the ATVs and drive back taking a different route.

Once back at the start point they have peeled oranges for us, washrooms, and a sink to wash off. Remember people this is Mexico outback, not the Ritz! After dropping off the helmets and washing off they have closing remarks and ask for a tip in which they make there money. They have a slide showing the pics and you can take 1 cd home with you for $40 or so.

I had to rate this a 5 since there is no 1/2 stars. Yes the extra expenses do suck, because I just want to know what the entire price will be. I did not try Selvatica, but from I have experienced in that area they charge for everything. So that is why I say it is worth the price. Take a chance on this. If you are expecting something glossy and high end then you should pass this up and go for the expensive parks. Other wise this makes for a decent mini getaway in your vacation.

Visited March 2013