“These guys know how to fish!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cancun Kianah's Sportfishing

Cancun Kianah's Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Kianah’s Sport Fishing is 100 % run by the owner / operator. No mediators. No travel agencies. No B.S.We specialize during the winter months to target sailfish unless other wise specified (or the length of the charter permitting). The sailfish run is the most amazing run on the planet. We are fully endorsed by Ocean Tackle International and H4L Jigs and the only charter operator to fully provide all necessary gear.Our goal is to provide you with a unique experience at a personal level whether you are an amateur or a seasoned professional.Finest Cancun fishing charter that provides its customers a memorable billfishing adventure on board a 35' tournament rigged Sportfisher The Kianah and The Grand Slam. Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos, Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“These guys know how to fish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

After reading many reviews, I decided to go meet with Alex at Kianah Sport fishing while I was in Cancun. He was very honest and told me the sailfish fishing was in transition and it had been fairly tough fishing. I have always wanted to catch a sailfish so I rolled the dice and booked the Kianah for an eight hour trip for sailfish.
Everything was as I expected. The deck hands were very efficient preparing the bait and catching live bait as we headed an hour offshore. We immediately started catching bonita. I must have reeled in at least 15. A couple hours in , I hooked my first sail. Great fight with some big jumps but he broke the hook when he was 30 feet from the boat. I still cant believe we hooked another one with 15 minutes left on my charter! I landed him and i fulfilled my dream.
These guys go out to catch fish. Not a lot of small talk but they put the fish in the boat. That's what I paid for and they got the job done!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank quest4elk

Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If I had to go back I wouldn't use him.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Okay so they were an hour an forty five minutes late due the owner calling my hotel and since the reservation was under my wife's name, the hotel stated that I had not checked in. Alex the owner cancelled the trip the day of (so hope that your hotel reservation and Alex's communication works or you will be an inconvenience as we felt that day). They didn't bring any sandwiches (as promised in the website, and confirmation email. I never actually hooked a fish all day just reeled them in after their mates caught them for us. I must say that we did catch about forty to fifty fish and he does have the best gear money can buy and truly knowledgeable of the area and how to target specific fish. They didn't let us keep the fish mainly bc a huge language barrier and we were at the end of the day and I was dissatisfied with the whole day (it was my birthday as well.) The only time all three of the guys spoke was at the end of the trip saying "tips are VERY much appreciated". Then I called the owner and he is a rational guy but he wasn't willing to compensate us any money back for the trip. I hope this will help and this is Skyler Crites, Hannah's husband. FYI I do tons of offshore fishing and was not pleased to say the least. I want to say that I didn't just mindlessly pick this establishment, I did tons of research and read lots of reviews and came to the conclusion that I should use this one and was disappointed. I truly think it would've and could've been different but the miscommunication from the owner and the hotel is what screwed everything up. Hope this helps and good luck on fishing. The Yucatan Peninsula is a fishing and snorkeling paradise and prey you get someone with fluent english and embraces your vacation.

Visited August 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best part of the vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

the best part of my vacation FISHING IN CANCUN!

Hector & Enrique were absolutely wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend them.
If I go back to Cancun, I will book another fishing trip with Kianahs fishing Cancun.
You will not be able to find another captain who is as knowledgeable and experienced as he is. Hector, one of the crew members, has a wonderful personality and is great with everyone.
The boat ride was relaxing and I was able to enjoy plenty of beer as we headed to and from our fishing destination.
The best part of the trip was the success of catching three (black fin tuna) and a nice white marlin, which I was able to reel in with the help of Enrique, (Will and James) – friends who were on the boat with me. This was a once in a life time experience that I will NEVER forget and would like to thank the crew of the Kianah for the wonderful experience.

thank you guys!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ron M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Went to cancun the first week of June 2013 and rained the whole week. Kianahs fishing told me we could go out if I still wanted to in the rain . My family and I went out for eight hours in the rain and caught 1 sailfish , lost a sailfish and barracuda , and caught 15 red snapper , 5 trigger fish , and 13 Benito . The crew work very hard so that we had a successful trip, and we did!!!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Catfish212
Las Vegas, Nevada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“It was far beyond what I expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked the trip while I was deployed overseas through Alex via Email. I booked an 8 hour trip for my father and I. He called the hotel the night before we were set to fish to cover the trip and to see if we had any requests for the day. We showed up a little early and Alex met us on the dock, went over the trip again with us. We boarded the Kianah Boat with Hector and his Mate Enrique and another Mate I could not remember his name. From the trip out to the fishing grounds I could tell these guys knew exactly what they were doing. They had the bait set up and ready to rock as soon as we hit the fishing. They had us on the fish first thing in the morning. My father hooked into a Large White Marlin right after I lost a good fish within minutes of being on the grounds....needless to say we did not land the Marlin but it was a good fight for a while. They put us on some Bonita Tuna fish and we were reeling in fish faster than we could recover. After about 5 hrs of trolling and arms aching from all the fish we were catching they asked if we would like to do some bottom fishing as we headed back into the dock. We agreed and got on the fish instantly again! We were catching red snapper faster than we could reel them in, along with some other fish. The highlight of the whole trip was when We landed a 50 inch Grouper and a 48 Inch Dog Snapper at the same time and gave the opportunity of my Father and Myself to reel them in together! Great bonding moment! The crew seemed super excited about the size of the Dog Snapper due to the rarity of landing them.

The crew made sure we always had a drink in our hand rather it be a Beer or a Water. They had a sack lunch, that had the best sandwiches I ate the whole time I was in Cancun! The boat was clean and comfortable and in good shape when we went out. Plenty of room for the two of us. They catered to every request we had and the fishing was insane! When we returned to the docks they had all the fish out on the dock and everyone came to admire our catch! Alex met us there as soon as we arrived and took all kinds of pictures for us to enjoy later! All in All I could not say enough good about this crew for the professionalism, knowledge, price, and enjoyment I had on this adventure! I would highly recommend this trip for anyone looking to land fish and have a great time doing it!

Visited May 2013